Minecraft

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Bedrock version on PS4 is a mess.

I'm stuck on "Signing in with your Microsoft Account" for 20 minutes.

Be prepared for shitty redstone control also(It's something to do with the render engine, redstone doesn't work for shit in bedrock version).. albiet you can push chests/furnaces/shulker boxs around with piston ....

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Been having fun playing a new modpack, Minecraft Eternal. It has a bunch of stuff that I've never bothered playing before, like MineColony, Witchery (might have the wrong name there, maybe Bewitched?), Vampirism, ElectroBlobs's, Betweenlands, etc. And as far as I can tell, none of the recipes are changed with the exception of certain things like Osmium (for Mekanism) only spawns in the Betweenlands.

There was one issue that was really annoying me, but the most recent patch has supposedly fixed it. Ice & Fire is in the pack, and dragons were spawning fucking everywhere. They see you from across the planet, and rampage around killing anything that moves, and they destroy blocks too, so you end up with them slaughtering (and literally destroying) whole villages and shit. And you. Repeatedly. Supposedly their spawn rates have been toned way down though. That doesn't really help me unless I start over, as my immediate area is practically unlivable above ground. Which is why I made the horrendously stupid decision to try to build a MineColony underground. The amount of space those fucking things require to be cleared is insane.

Anyway, thought 'd mention it since it is pretty new and someone might want to give it a try. I haven't seen any of the typical YouTubers playing it yet, as it is pretty new.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Been having fun playing a new modpack, Minecraft Eternal. It has a bunch of stuff that I've never bothered playing before, like MineColony, Witchery (might have the wrong name there, maybe Bewitched?), Vampirism, ElectroBlobs's, Betweenlands, etc. And as far as I can tell, none of the recipes are changed with the exception of certain things like Osmium (for Mekanism) only spawns in the Betweenlands.

There was one issue that was really annoying me, but the most recent patch has supposedly fixed it. Ice & Fire is in the pack, and dragons were spawning fucking everywhere. They see you from across the planet, and rampage around killing anything that moves, and they destroy blocks too, so you end up with them slaughtering (and literally destroying) whole villages and shit. And you. Repeatedly. Supposedly their spawn rates have been toned way down though. That doesn't really help me unless I start over, as my immediate area is practically unlivable above ground. Which is why I made the horrendously stupid decision to try to build a MineColony underground. The amount of space those fucking things require to be cleared is insane.

Anyway, thought 'd mention it since it is pretty new and someone might want to give it a try. I haven't seen any of the typical YouTubers playing it yet, as it is pretty new.

Thanks! Will try that. Skyfactory 4 was my best gaming experience in a long time, I love the modpacks. My kid does as well.

By the by, the new PS4 version of Minecraft, the one that allows the cross-platform play, is fucking ass. It is laggy shit with much less intuitive couch co-op play. The PC version is whatevs, not much changed, but they fucking shredded the PS4 experience in my opinion. Nice to have access to all the mods for the PS4 folks, but the game overall is ass at the moment.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought new computer, anybody know where the free re-download link is? My Google-fu is failing me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bought new computer, anybody know where the free re-download link is? My Google-fu is failing me.
For Minecraft itself?

If you are using the java version, just download the Twitch launcher and you can install it and run it from there for each pack you want to install (or vanilla, I'd assume). If you're using Bedrock or something, no fucking clue, sorry.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
For Minecraft itself?

If you are using the java version, just download the Twitch launcher and you can install it and run it from there for each pack you want to install (or vanilla, I'd assume). If you're using Bedrock or something, no fucking clue, sorry.

Good idea, indirectly. Logged in on Mojang Account and there was download link.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new Nether biome are in the java snapshot. Some cool stuff! New tier to get that's better than diamonds

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been getting huge boners for Ravines, and building bases in them
ravine.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those of you with RTX cards, the beta for Minecraft RTX (developed by nvidia) starts on the 16th.

I'm waiting to hear about the new line of cards before picking one up myself.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like the more recent thread is a private server discussion, so will bump this one instead - wider beta coming 4/16:

1586880291164.png

Minecraft RTX requires Minecraft for Windows 10, its latest PC client available exclusively via the integrated Microsoft Store within Windows 10. While starting at $27 for the base Minecraft game, existing Java users can also leverage a limited-time upgrade program for an opportunity to secure the latest Minecraft fork for free.​
Microsoft has announced the open Minecraft RTX beta will be hosted via the Xbox Insider Hub application for PC, its in-house platform for flighting pre-release Windows 10 gaming applications. The formal step-by-step process for installing the Minecraft RTX beta remains unclear, with additional context likely supplied on April 16.​
NVIDIA states users should use GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card or newer, encompassing the full 20-series lineup. While desktop-class RTX graphics cards lead in performance, a vast range of laptops also feature RTX capabilities. Here's the full list of RTX-compatible graphics cards that work with Minecraft's RTX beta.​
  • GeForce RTX 2060
    • GeForce RTX 2060 Super
    • GeForce RTX 2070
    • GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    • GeForce RTX 2080
    • GeForce RTX 2080 Super
    • GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    • Nvidia Titan RTX

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Seems they are "temporarily out of codes" for the Windows 10 edition.

I'll try it out when I get a code, but I don't think I can play vanilla after years and years of awesome modpacks.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
If anyone wants to play MC Eternal with other people I joined a server with a small community. Only about 4-6 people right now.

Map is 5 days old, made on May 16th.

Modpack: MC Eternal 1.3.5
IP Address: 108.60.192.180

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
This guy is crazy:
Manually updating his river bottom with seaweed in a seven-year old world because of patch 1.15.

He has 1.4 million subscribers in youtube and sells the worlds he makes for $10.

Must be making a lot of money. Wish I was as creative as him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I plan on playing Minecraft a lot when the 1.16 update finally releases.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did latest patch change /gamemode ? I failed to find anything on it, but command no longer works for us

No
/gamemode 0
/gamemode 1
/gamemode creative
/game mode ...
/mode ...
/creative

etc

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I've got the itch again. Having not played in years, where should i start? What's the hot modpack these days, and can i do it while avoiding twitch client?

Rime

<Donor>
Twitch is probably the easiest way to get mods installed, particularly with the bigger packs.

Advent of Ascension/Nevermine is fun, but it is more combat based than crafting. Lots of dimensions, monsters to hunt down, something like 30 actual boss fights that do lots of different things. Not on twitch, but there are a few derivatives of it under the Nevermine tag.

Enigma Craft is very popular and takes a while to get into, but the things you can do in the pack are insane.

Minecraft RL is if you want to slam your dick in a drawer. It takes the 'realism' part to extremes.

Minecraft Eternal has so many mods in it, it is very easy to get overwhelmed, but you can do so much in it.

ANY pack that has the RATS Mod... do not do the RATS mod, unless you are going to /gamemode c a bunch of the items in, they have abysmal droprates and do very little for the effort you put in. Great idea, but terrible implementation.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Snow's coming so I'm going to get a MC server for me and the kids.

Any hosting suggestions?

• 1Like