Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Goddammit is that a mold line or did they sculpt veins on the lions nuts?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Goddammit is that a mold line or did they sculpt veins on the lions nuts?

It is a sculpted scrotum vein, the mold line is to the right. You can see the mold line running down the center.

DEC8A783-0A63-46A8-9DBC-3BC37E9E2171.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope it is crazy expensive, from what I have heard it is worth it if you are hard core into gaming but cost is a bit prohibitive for me, especially since I dont have a stable regular group.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kingdom Death is a fine game but unless you are really in to the models it's probably not worth the price tag. Play it on TTS if you aren't super in to models.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Kingdom Death is a fine game but unless you are really in to the models it's probably not worth the price tag. Play it on TTS if you aren't super in to models.

I love it but would not recommend it to someone who isn’t into the hobbyist side of it with building and painting models. There’s still a huge amount of content in just the gameplay that will last a long time but it’s a big entry fee for just the gameplay aspect.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love it but would not recommend it to someone who isn’t into the hobbyist side of it with building and painting models. There’s still a huge amount of content in just the gameplay that will last a long time but it’s a big entry fee for just the gameplay aspect.
Especially when you can get that for 5 bucks on steam sale instead of 500 on eBay or whatever it goes for now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Especially when you can get that for 5 bucks on steam sale instead of 500 on eBay or whatever it goes for now.

$20 vs. $400, but yeah. I think the core game goes on sale for $250-$300 on Black Friday but not sure. I got it for $200 during the Kickstarter and feel that was a pretty good deal for the mini quality.

I’d love to do a regular TTS group but it’s nearly impossible for me due to having family, my game nights are sporadic, last minute, cause I happen to have a free night.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok I'm making progress on my Hero Forge guy. I'll refrain from boring you all with WIP shots but so far I've zenithal primed with spray paint, did a base coat on him, and will probably start drybrushing tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped for this guy, hoping it turns out well! I think I want to do a snow base on this guy. We'll see.

Oh and grabbed some skulls for general use at some point. My dog approves ;)

1568082752429.png
1568082796512.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Those skulls are a great buy, they go a long way. I added a couple to that last mini base I posted.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so this guy is base coated now! Any suggestions for the shield? I had envisioned it as a glossy almost wet looking blue. Maybe like a deep blue gem, or a shield version of a power sword. Now I'm not sure what to do with it

20190910_202351.jpg
20190910_202415.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok so this guy is base coated now! Any suggestions for the shield? I had envisioned it as a glossy almost wet looking blue. Maybe like a deep blue gem, or a shield version of a power sword. Now I'm not sure what to do with it

View attachment 222521View attachment 222522

You could try coating it with this and see if you like the results. You use it to gloss things up like simulating glass, or gemstones. It doesn’t change the color, just adds the glossiness.

I think if you edged the outer edge with light blue and freehand some light lighting crackle, then small white highlights in the center of the crackles like a power sword, then glossed it, you could get a cool looking shield. You’ve got the base coat you just need something interesting to draw the eye to it since it’s such a big flat block of color.

I suggest attempting some various freehand attempts on the colors and design you want to try on a piece of whiteboard first.

image.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 222521View attachment 222522

Very rough sketches obviously but something like these maybe?

I put the varnish on but can’t show it in the pic really because the light reflects off it and blinds the design in the pic.

18FE6FD8-F08F-40EB-B9AF-82E919ACEA54.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have been making good progress with my 3D printer settings and finally got to a detail level I’m happy enough with I started printing some terrain for Kingdom Death to replace the cardboard tokens. Finished my first one tonight, an acanthus plant replacement.

B67FD41C-177F-456B-85F1-EA166C1A2D1E.jpeg
49C75C35-CB69-454B-8CE1-ABDB341D7038.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Very rough sketches obviously but something like these maybe?

I put the varnish on but can’t show it in the pic really because the light reflects off it and blinds the design in the pic.

View attachment 222526
You could try something like this too

If you really want to burn some time you could try glazing for a transition from dark blueb on the bottom to very light blue in the top but it takes alot of time to get right without an airbrush.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You could try something like this too

If you really want to burn some time you could try glazing for a transition from dark blueb on the bottom to very light blue in the top but it takes alot of time to get right without an airbrush.

I’ve always wanted to try those but haven’t been able to come up with something to use them on. I love some of the stuff I’ve seen people do with those.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have been making good progress with my 3D printer settings and finally got to a detail level I’m happy enough with I started printing some terrain for Kingdom Death to replace the cardboard tokens. Finished my first one tonight, an acanthus plant replacement.

View attachment 222529View attachment 222530

Damn dude, I wish I had your talent and time for this. I’d love to pimp my KDM. I expect I’ll play it for decades on and off.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn dude, I wish I had your talent and time for this. I’d love to pimp my KDM. I expect I’ll play it for decades on and off.

Thanks sir. I don’t really have much time for it. I fit in little bursts of ten minutes here, thirty minutes there. I feel the same way about playing it off and on for a long time. Hopefully some day with my son.

If you want those pieces you can get them on Etsy, smoother than what my cheap printer can do. I’ve bought things from him a few times in the past, he’s a solid guy, makes good stuff.

I don’t see the new resin version listed, I’d just shoot him a message if you’re interested, he responds pretty quickly. Below are the two qualities he has. The PLA version on the left is pretty much identical quality to what I created, the resin on the right looks amazing.

CFAB478F-5FD7-4286-A83F-77ECD3390636.jpeg