Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just saw this. It is my favourite movie of 2018. The action is amazing. Tom delivers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to this... Absolute blast to watch. One of the better action movies I've seen. The action starts from scene one and never really ends, and it's all pretty high-quality set pieces. Loved it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Have to say, I was a little nonplussed at the film. The action was quite good but I felt the plot just got too far over the top. And how many times will Ethan Hunt not be trusted and disavowed or threatened to be so? They really need to stop recycling that. Then there's all these double crosses, secret organizations, and ruses and then they're dealing with nuclear bombs on top of it. I would have been happier with something a little less convoluted. The villain wasn't too bad (hell of a lot better than the nobody in #4). Still, he was no Phillip Seymour Hoffman (who was amazing in the otherwise flawed third film, especially the interrogation scene on the plane).

For me, I guess none will ever compare to the first film. The series has tended more towards in your face action and elaborate set pieces than well crafted mystery and suspense.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The whole end sequence is just insane. The climbing up into the helicopter, the fall, the flying, the crash, etc. It's so fucking intense. And it looks so perfect because it's mostly all real. God damn. Cruise is amazing. I'm 37, and like I ache if I bend over to put on my shoes.

• 2Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Church of Scientology probably has some elixir of life for their high ranking members. Gotta get me some of that shit

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watched this last night for $1 on VUDU. Other than Cruise's face starting to look a little BOTOX'd, this was probably the most intense MI film to date. Sean Harris and Cavill are good but predictable villain's. I think they could have played up the "suffering" of the first event that happens instead of just showing screens on a TV newscast. Not the best MI, but one of the best, even while sticking to its own tropes.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We should start making wagers on what age Tom Cruise will be when he finally stops doing his own stunts. 70? 80?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
  • 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watched this last night for $1 on VUDU. Other than Cruise's face starting to look a little BOTOX'd, this was probably the most intense MI film to date. Sean Harris and Cavill are good but predictable villain's. I think they could have played up the "suffering" of the first event that happens instead of just showing screens on a TV newscast. Not the best MI, but one of the best, even while sticking to its own tropes.

I think Tom quit the botox for this new Top Gun movie. He was really going hard on it though, before he got made fun of at an awards show.

I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure he's going to follow the Brad Pitt blueprint now since he got publicly humiliated for botox in front of everyone at the Oscars or Academy Awards.

But Tom is typecast with playing a guy he was 20-30 years ago though, he essentially plays the same character since the 80's. And I guess he feels as an actor he needs to look of a certain age to fit that character.

What i mean is tom plays a "not-quite-yet" grown up with an attitude. It's hard to look older and pull his typecast off. But again, Brad Pitt visually is doing fine in his late 50's. Different actors, different characters. But it's a solid age comparison look-wise and what Tom maybe should consider.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
what crazy ass shit is Tom Cruise up to, they started filming MI7 today and behind the scenes shot from the director

pm58mmeockl51.jpg

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if that's for a vehicle or if Tom will run and jump off that. Could go either way.