MLB 2015 Season

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Fuck a bunch of villar being called up. Call up Correa, he is mashing aa severely.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hahaha, I said the exact same thing earlier to a buddy of mine. Villar is, was, and always will be a scrub.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
But they're first place now!
I pretty much gave up on the team when they changed leagues. I was pretty suprised to see they were in first place, still doens't matter tho. Don't care about any of the teams they play now in the last.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Royals now with the best record in the AL(finally passed the damn Tigers for 1st).

The fact that the team is still batting .305 a month into the season is nuts. The 2nd best hitting team in the league(Orioles) are a full 20 points lower at .284, and it's not completely without walks & power like last year was. 1st in OBP and 4th in Slugging too.

Our starting pitching so far has been pretty bad compared to last year(other than Volquez), it seems like no starter ever makes it past 5 or 6 innings, we're going to wear out the bullpen over the course of the season if we keep that up. Our team ERA is 2nd best in the league at 2.99, but only because our relievers ERA is 0.81 as a staff, and our starters are like 4.50 or so.

Our starting rotation is odd, our #1 and #2 starters are sporting 4.00-ish ERAs, #3 guy is at 1.90, and #4 and #5 up up around 6.00. Our starters are only 8-5, but our relievers are 6-1

Profundis

I'm still kind of baffled by this Astros team. Don't get me wrong, first place is first place, even if it is only 1/6 of the way through the season. There are only 2 starters (now that Lowrie is gone till the All-Star break) that do things other than hit homeruns and strike out. One of those is hitting about 150 points over his career average, so regression is imminent.

It is kind of nice to have a decent pitching staff. Bullpen is vastly improved over last year, and Keuchel and McHugh are legit. Scott Feldman is a real Jekyll/Hyde type and the back end is kind of meh.

I know this is kind of a minor gripe, but I really wish Houston would put out a consistent line up every day. In the scheme of things, it may not be a big deal, but it just bugs the shit out of me that besides Altuve hitting lead off, the rest of the line up is different every single day.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
8TunU7P.gif

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
No clue how the Twins are hovering around 500. Especially after how they started the first 10 games or so.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, them lighting up Chris Sale for 9 runs yesterday...did not see that coming.
Sometimes, its just not your day at the mound!

My Dodgers been blasting the ball out of the Park lately. They lead the Majors in Homers and we supposedly lost some offensive punch in the offseason. The rookie Joc Pederson has been killing it lately. Hit a nice Grandslam today. 5 homers on the year for the Rook.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What the hell is going on in Houston? 10 games in a row now and they are 7 games up on second place. Odd to say the least.

Profundis

The AL West is pretty shitty, but they have also made pretty big changes. The pitching staff as a whole is much better, even though that probably would have happened by accident as last year's bullpen was dog shit. They are running like crazy (3 guys have 8-10 steals already, can't remember the exact numbers) and they have actual major leaguers on their roster. They're right in the middle of the AL in batting average/obp, but their insane home run numbers has them near the top in OPS. This win streak has happened with one of their best players out of the line up.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The AL West is pretty shitty, but they have also made pretty big changes. The pitching staff as a whole is much better, even though that probably would have happened by accident as last year's bullpen was dog shit. They are running like crazy (3 guys have 8-10 steals already, can't remember the exact numbers) and they have actual major leaguers on their roster. They're right in the middle of the AL in batting average/obp, but their insane home run numbers has them near the top in OPS. This win streak has happened with one of their best players out of the line up.
Yeah not trying to take anything away from them. I guess I am mostly salty over the fact my Ms finally have hitting and we still can't win.

Profundis

Houston also lucked out having to play Seattle 7 times out of 13 games and missing King Felix both times.