MLB 2015 Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So who's a fan of a "sell now" team and is looking forward to the trade deadline? Cueto, Chapman, hell even Byrd with how he's been hitting lately. Hopefully the Reds can reload the farm system quite a bit.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Definitely looking forward to the trade deadline. Should be interesting to see who considers themselves still in the race. I wonder if the great Philadelphia fire sale will actually happen this year.

I hope Houston goes hard after Cueto.

Profundis

Bill Murray on Cardinals fans:

Murray, wearing a floppy hat and a blue and gold paisley shirt that was perpetually untucked, began bantering with the masses before he took his first swing.

He asked if any fans saw his beloved Cubs sweep St. Louis in a double-header Tuesday. One woman behind the ropes said she was a Cardinals fan.

?Satan?s messengers on Earth,? was the way Murray described the Cardinals.

?And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,?? he added.

[...]

A few steps away, a boy with a Cardinals hat asked for an autograph. Murray signed, then noticed the red cap. ?Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid.?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'd rather have Hamels. The Astros are in an excellent buying position for him as he has a very large contract,with a few more years left on it, so he wont be just a rental. That works in the Astros favor as the more salary that they take on, and not get compensated from the Phillies for taking on that salary, the lesser grade of prospects that they will have to give up in return.

As of right now,Tony Kempis a perfect candidate in trade bait for the Philly to bite on. Tie him together with another B to C grade chips and I think the Astros will get themselves a deal.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Murray, wearing a floppy hat and a blue and gold paisley shirt that was perpetually untucked, began bantering with the masses before he took his first swing.

He asked if any fans saw his beloved Cubs sweep St. Louis in a double-header Tuesday. One woman behind the ropes said she was a Cardinals fan.

"Satan's messengers on Earth," was the way Murray described the Cardinals.

"And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,'' he added.

[...]

A few steps away, a boy with a Cardinals hat asked for an autograph. Murray signed, then noticed the red cap. "Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid."
Bill Murray is a true American hero.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd rather have Hamels. The Astros are in an excellent buying position for him as he has a very large contract,with a few more years left on it, so he wont be just a rental. That works in the Astros favor as the more salary that they take on, and not get compensated from the Phillies for taking on that salary, the lesser grade of prospects that they will have to give up in return.

As of right now,Tony Kempis a perfect candidate in trade bait for the Philly to bite on. Tie him together with another B to C grade chips and I think the Astros will get themselves a deal.
I'd avoid Hamels like the plague. Amaro is a maniac that will want your entire farm system and Hamels has awful career numbers vs the AL (8-15 4.73ERA in 190IP).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Greinke is fucking ridiculous right now.

But with regards to the trade deadline, I hope the royals don't go for Cueto. Not worth the two top prospects he would likely require for 3 months, since they have zero chance of resigning him. I mean we do need a real ace in order to better our odds in October, but I would rather see us in the playoffs for the next several years than a better shot at the WS this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just hope this isn't what happens:

Cincinnati Reds links - Johnny Cueto and Brandon Phillips to the Yankees? - Red Reporter

Getting rid of BP just because of his contract is a bit short-sightedk. That doesn't get us more prospects. Walt needs to admit that this team is more than a few years from contending. The bullpen is shaky, we have two rookie pitchers who look good now but we all know that could turn to shit next year, we're going to lose our two best starters this year, and our top end closer. Getting rid of BP to free up salary isn't going to give us enough space to reload at all. We need to have a few Cubs-like seasons and rebuild through the farm.

The Reds have so many trade chips this season. I just have a feeling Walt is gonna fuck it up astronomically.

Dandrools

Molten Core Raider

"Satan's messengers on Earth," was the way Murray described the Cardinals.

"And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,'' he added.

[...]

A few steps away, a boy with a Cardinals hat asked for an autograph. Murray signed, then noticed the red cap. "Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid."
Cubs fans are so cute, they win a couple games against the Cards and they act like they've won the World Series. They obviously have short memories (you need one to be a Cubs fan) or they'd remember that the Cubs have lost 6 of 7 in STL this year. I wonder how he felt when Peralta hit that 9th inning homer to sink the Cubs later that day. Must have been the secret infoz they obtained by hacking the Astros.....yeah, that's the ticket!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cubs fans are so cute, they win a couple games against the Cards and they act like they've won the World Series. They obviously have short memories (you need one to be a Cubs fan) or they'd remember that the Cubs have lost 6 of 7 in STL this year. I wonder how he felt when Peralta hit that 9th inning homer to sink the Cubs later that day. Must have been the secret infoz they obtained by hacking the Astros.....yeah, that's the ticket!
You're a horrible person.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Greinke is fucking ridiculous right now.

But with regards to the trade deadline, I hope the royals don't go for Cueto. Not worth the two top prospects he would likely require for 3 months, since they have zero chance of resigning him. I mean we do need a real ace in order to better our odds in October, but I would rather see us in the playoffs for the next several years than a better shot at the WS this year.
I'd bet almost anything the Royals won't go get a big front-line ace. Dayton Moore seems to want to emulate those Brave teams of the 90s that he worked for, with sustained success over many years rather than 1 big push at a title in any 1 year. Hopefully it pays off when it's all said and done. I'm not sure I'll be happy with multiple more playoff appearances in the next 5-6 years if we don't get back to the World Series at all.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would rather have 4-5 playoff years than 1 WS win and no other playoff years to be honest. I really like the suspense of the race for the playoff spots.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would rather have 4-5 playoff years than 1 WS win and no other playoff years to be honest. I really like the suspense of the race for the playoff spots.
As a fan of the team who has won 3 world series' in the past 5 years and prior to that was constantly having 2-3 year runs at the playoffs, crapping out, then a shitty 1-2 year layoff? The WS wins >>>>>>>>>>>>>> playoffs. You sound like a fan of a team trying to convince yourself that playoffs =! successful.

Sterling

El Presidente
Being in contention all the time is good. It's like the difference between the late 80s and 90s Braves and the Marlins who won and had a firesale a couple of times. Braves were legit contenders for a decade. Of course it's just better to be a Yankees fan and win about 1 out every 4 World Series.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Being in contention all the time is good. It's like the difference between the late 80s and 90s Braves and the Marlins who won and had a firesale a couple of times. Braves were legit contenders for a decade. Of course it's just better to be a Yankees fan and win about 1 out every 4 World Series.
Yep, this. Obviously I would want them to win, but if I had to choose between 1 WS year and 5 years contending for the WS I would pick the latter.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya'll bitches crazy. Your team could just suddenly suck dick for 2 decades at any moment, trust me. Would you rather be sitting there 20 seasons in to losing and say "Yeah but we sorta contended before that!" or "At least we got a title before that!"

It's the latter, obviously. The former is stupid. Sounds weird to say that wanting to contend longer is shortsighted, but long term you want that fucking championship. Every time. No one gives a single fuck about the 90's Braves these days. Shit, by the end of that run even their fans didn't give a fuck and they couldn't sell out playoff games. Getting blueballed year after year is not awesome.

Hathe

Ask a rangers fan that question. They came a strike away from a WS. Twice. In the same game. I'll take the win, cause we wont be seeing shit for a while.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was watching the UFC event tonight and missed the Pirates coming back on a Cutch walk off homer in the 14th inning to beat the Cards. Damn.

Not sure how many folks noticed, but he had an absolute shit start to the year. Since April though he's been tearing it up.