MLB 2019 Season

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah I'm sure if the Nats lose the World Series it'll be because of the break and not because The Yankees and Astros are both better teams.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im not sure the Yankees are a better team.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much goes without saying but, a change in the ball bodes badly for the Yanks (that weather delay certainly won't help either). Multiple warning track shots to right field! I mean, both teams play with the same ball so it is what it is, but you might as well roll with the same fucking ball.

Also shows how stupid MLB is thinking they are slick. Makes Verlander's comments ring even truer.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Couldn't colder weather also account for this? It always happens in the postseason. Weather gets colder, balls don't travel as far.

Sterling

El Presidente
Couldn't colder weather also account for this? It always happens in the postseason. Weather gets colder, balls don't travel as far.
Not on this kind of scale. Unless it's secretly like -250 degrees out and we just didn't notice?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Video has a deeper explanation, but essentially statcast and baseball researchers are saying the average temperature for playoff games has actually been warmer than the average temperature of regular season games this year.

That dudes twitter is very solid. I'm pretty sure even at the beginning of Game 1 in the ALCS that Ken Rosenthal relayed that he was told by anonymous people (whatever good anonymous does when they know the organization already) from Houston's organization that they knew the ball was traveling shorter distances even as early as a few games into the ALDS.

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It blows my mind how openly MLB is cheating the system after fucking over Petey for decades. I know your sport is shit, no one watches or cares anymore, and you desperately still want that money coming in....but do you have to be so obvious?

I don't trust anything they do and for a records based sport, it's laughable now.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It blows my mind how openly MLB is cheating the system after fucking over Petey for decades. I know your sport is shit, no one watches or cares anymore, and you desperately still want that money coming in....but do you have to be so obvious?

I don't trust anything they do and for a records based sport, it's laughable now.
MLB does really well regionally.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, baseball certainly isn't hurting. Their regional viewership and attendance, and overall money in the sport is second to only the NFL.

But yeah, they have a great track record od fucking shit up. Luckily a majority of that was under jew shitlord Stern.

God Gary Sanchez is pissing me the fuck off. Looks like a sack shit.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Dont get me wrong baseball does really well regionally but it needs help nationally. It needs to attract younger fans so it doesn't fade away in 10-20 years as the boomers die off.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Just want to call it now: next years promotional Dodgers/Star Wars bobblehead is going to be Skywalker Buehler

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Greinke is painting.

This Yankees squad really lacks some better "bat-to-ball" skills. LeMehieu is a great start, but this team really could use another high contact guy. Would love for them to pursue Lindor or Bryant in a trade. I'd love Rendon, but imagine they go after Cole. Andujar's D is trash, but his hit ability cannot be understated.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That's the series. Yanks monumentally overachieved this year (with all those injuries it's absolutely impressive they won over 100 games), but I hope this series makes Steinbrenner take pause and really move away from the sitting pat and "go with what you got" stance. Shit, look at the Dodgers. Smart, young cores are great, but to get over the hump you gotta make the big moves: Verlander, Cole, the Sale trade for Boston etc. Hope this team looks really long and hard at a potential Lindor trade. Props to the Astros, that's a good fucking team, cream rises to the top. Washington's pitchers vs. the Astros lineup should be fun.

Ps. Pains me to say this, but holy fuck, it makes you realize how insanely good that Boston squad was last year. Just fucking rolled through the Yankees, Stros, and Dodgers.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dont get me wrong baseball does really well regionally but it needs help nationally. It needs to attract younger fans so it doesn't fade away in 10-20 years as the boomers die off.

Is this really a thing? Purely anecdotal, but I go to my fair share of baseball games - all across the country due to business travel - and I see plenty of young people going to games. Sure, I'm not "young" anymore at 33, but a lot of my friends are really into baseball. And all of them except for maybe 3-4 like baseball more than football. It's just a more enjoyable live experience. Tickets are more affordable, way more fun initiatives, more laid back atmosphere, and embraces hipsters like me and my crew with craft beer and food trucks and shit. You don't get any of that in the NFL.

• 1Like