MLB Hot Stove '13-'14

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There really is no rhyme or reason to how these retards cast their votes. Check this one out, also from MLB.com:

TOM SINGER, Pirates beat reporter
Biggio, Glavine, Maddux, Martinez, Mussina, Palmeiro, Smith, Thomas

Not all 300-game winners have been first-ballot Hall of Famers (Gaylord Perry and Phil Niekro weren't), but Maddux and Glavine will be reunited in Cooperstown. Mussina was a 270-game winner with a far better winning percentage than either of the aforementioned two. Martinez should have already overcome the DH bias; Thomas will do the honors instead. Biggio and Smith both should by now be off the ballot and on the wall of plaques. Palmeiro was a consistent marvel long before he was caught doping.

He votes for Palmeiro, but not Clemens or Bonds... it is all just a sham. As big a baseball fan as I have been my whole life, I don't think I will ever visit Cooperstown.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Also Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Aaron, Mays, and so forth were all not unanimous either so there is that.
There's never been one. Never will be. Think they said Maddux ends up #8 in voting %.

Shame is 90-95% of these writers do their homework and do their job. But there's ALWAYS 5% who do shit to create a headline about themselves to draw attention to their books/column/etc.. Rivera is another no-brainer identical to Maddux. So he'll probably get 96% and Chipper will get 80% but some writer will take a bold stand by not voting for them, instead going with Giambi, Berkman, Ibanez, and Helton.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
It will be interesting to see how next year's ballot turns out.

Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz and Gary Sheffield.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I'm not a huge baseball fan and especially wasn't in the early 90's, but how the fuck did the Braves not win more than 1 WS when 3 of their 5 man rotation were HoF pictures? Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz....jesus. Did they just keep tripping over their own dick or what?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm not a huge baseball fan and especially wasn't in the early 90's, but how the fuck did the Braves not win more than 1 WS when 3 of their 5 man rotation were HoF pictures? Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz....jesus. Did they just keep tripping over their own dick or what?
They were one of the best teams all time in 96 but got beat by a Yankees team of destiny.

I think about that too, but it dunno, I think they just never had the offense to win it all more than once. Multiple trips is still an amazing feat.

I went back and looked at the al offensive juggernaghts that they played. Wow.

Forgot how stacked the 95 Indians were.

Baerga, vizquel, Thome, alomar jr, Albert belle, man ram, burnitz, giles

Jeeeze if they had any pitching they should have won it all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I went back and looked at the al offensive juggernaghts that they played. Wow.
That's really what it came down to. Kirby Puckett hitting over .400 in that postseason run and then the monster Blue Jays the next year.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
so ARoid suspension reduced to 162 games, he vows to take it to Federal Court. And the saga continues

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I don't even like aroid, but it'll be more amusing watching the mlb get bitchslapped for fucking with a federal investigation.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The whole thing is a witch hunt, not only has he never failed a drug test, they are punishing him with an amount of games that isn't even in their CBA for punishments. I don't know how or why the Union isn't stepping in over all of it.

I dislike ARod too, guys a douche. I however don't support the witch hunt that Bud Selig is throwing because someone decided to stand up to him. Fuck him.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Now the circle is complete with the Cubs being anabsolute joke.

rrr_img_56613.jpg

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
That's really what it came down to. Kirby Puckett hitting over .400 in that postseason run and then the monster Blue Jays the next year.
Even the early to mid 90s NL teams that beat them to get to series were offensive powerhouses. the 1993 phillies scored 120 more runs than the braves and were 2nd in all of baseball.

Sterling

El Presidente
That's a monster contract for sure. Kershaw is really fucking good though, so I can see why they'd want to wrap him up but holy shit.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a monster contract for sure. Kershaw is really fucking good though, so I can see why they'd want to wrap him up but holy shit.
Worth every penny for sure. Guy would win 25 games a year if they could ever hit the day he pitches.