MLB Hot Stove '13-'14

Duppin_sl

shitlord
He's a pretty typical Texas sports fan. Holds very strong opinions without actually understanding much of anything.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Texas hasn't been in the habit of sacrificing their draft picks so who gives a fuck? Choo's contract reflects the nature of free agency and it's something that makes sense under certain circumstances. What doesn't make sense is handing out a bunch of 200 million dollar contracts when you have tons of holes to fill or signing Cano for 250 million and following that by trading for Logan Morrison.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Texas hasn't been in the habit of sacrificing their draft picks so who gives a fuck? Choo's contract reflects the nature of free agency and it's something that makes sense under certain circumstances. What doesn't make sense is handing out a bunch of 200 million dollar contracts when you have tons of holes to fill or signing Cano for 250 million and following that by trading for Logan Morrison.
I don't think any Mariners fan I have seen post here(all 2 of us) has even begun to defend the shithouse that is the M's front office and the retarded decisions they make on a regular basis. We certainly aren't in here every time they make a dumb move defending it like you Rangers fans are

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can think of more than a couple this off season alone.

Also, angry much? Have fun losing out to the A's again.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Says the guy whose team paid Fielder 25 million a year in the first place and got nothing in return for Fister. And the A's got worse so I'm not worried about them.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Says the guy whose team paid Fielder 25 million a year in the first place and got nothing in return for Fister. And the A's got worse so I'm not worried about them.
Mocks team paying Fielder a ridiculous amount of money.

Supports his team paying Fielder a ridiculous amount of money.

Just another day as a Texas fan.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Choo is a decent pickup for the rangers. Our baseball style is going for the base attack type game, and he fits into that style perfectly. The only thing certain is we needed someone. Teams got some money to spend, so we're allowed at least one dumb contract if it doesn't work out.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Gonna be a shit ton of "bad" contracts coming up in the next few years, the money isn't going to go down after the league took in a record $8 Billion this season.

It will start with a 10 year contract for $400 mil for Mike Trout. Choo and Fielder's contracts may be the high average in 4 years time.

If you are a baller multi sport athlete in college right now I'd say fuck NFL/NBA and get drafted in baseball.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
ill never understand people who pick the nfl over baseball. you have to be a fucking retard to do that. it's the #1 reason i think that the seahawks wont win a super bowl.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Thing with some of these contracts is that there are a handful of teams that recently got pants-on-head-retarded TV money. Naturally players salaries were going to inflate along with the increased revenue. I think there are only a couple more years of these huge TV deals before the bubble bursts, networks are already balking at the carriage fees some of the teams are asking for local coverage.

Dodgers Could Be Last Team To Strike Gold With Local TV Deal | FanGraphs Baseball

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
ill never understand people who pick the nfl over baseball. you have to be a fucking retard to do that. it's the #1 reason i think that the seahawks wont win a super bowl.
Black people. No really. The black baseball player has been declining for decades as Hispanic players have risen to fill the gap. Why? Cause the NFL and the NBA market the fuck more to them not to mention its a lot less expensive to play those as a kid. They rather chase the 20 million dollar signing bonus along with concussions and an Earl Campbell limp instead. Or they rather eek into college for one year (LOL school is for fools) and play for a 15 mill a year contract after their 4th year in the NBA. I rather earn 20 mill a year throwing a baseball once every 5 days and work 34 starts a year.

Which btw there is no better job than a starting pitcher. Really in the AL you don't even have to bat. WTF do you do the other 4 days? Work out, do a bullpen session and chart some games? You "work" maybe 34-35 times a year.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The CSN Houston deal is adebacle right now. Well over 55% of the city does not have Comcast, nor want to get it because people are already satisfied with the service they are getting now.

Black people. No really. The black baseball player has been declining for decades as Hispanic players have risen to fill the gap. Why? Cause the NFL and the NBA market the fuck more to them not to mention its a lot less expensive to play those as a kid. They rather chase the 20 million dollar signing bonus along with concussions and an Earl Campbell limp instead. Or they rather eek into college for one year (LOL school is for fools) and play for a 15 mill a year contract after their 4th year in the NBA. I rather earn 20 mill a year throwing a baseball once every 5 days and work 34 starts a year..
cant play baseball without a passable pitcher, catching gear and a fair amount of space to hit the ball and chase it.

that aint happening in the hood

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It also takes years to make it to the bigs as well. Yeah an amateur talent could get a decent signing bonus if they are drafted high in the First-Year Player Draft, but the signing bonuses there are peanuts compared to the NBA and NFL.

Nice little excerpt at the end of the2012 reportshowing that bonuses are going down.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think just about everyone has to be happy for them. Those guys avoided the PED stink of their generation and had consistently dominant numbers from the beginning to the end of their careers. No crazy spikes in production to raise eyebrows. I am glad they got in and were not punished along with the rest of their peers.