Mod Police - Now active - F16 patrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean, we're allowing animal cruelty, trex to post anywhere, and there was board backlash over RRP'ing Tanoomba for 3 fucking days. So, there may not be much to do, people apparently want a total free for all.

Is it animal cruelty to watch a bird fly because it's eventually going to end up dead on the ground?

Is it animal cruelty to watch a dog run because it's eventually going to get hit by a car?

Is it animal cruelty to watch a gazelle save her baby from a lion by ramming it in the ass?

You have no right.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, we're allowing animal cruelty, trex to post anywhere, and there was board backlash over RRP'ing Tanoomba for 3 fucking days. So, there may not be much to do, people apparently want a total free for all.

Just because you say it's cruelty, doesn't mean it's cruelty. As you found out. The trex thing I'm with you on. RRP'ing Tanoomba without an explanation is typical faggot mod shit, it's exactly the type of shit Khalid said he wouldn't do in his campaign promise. I get it though, most people aren't faggot mods right up until the point they do faggot mod shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
People active in the gamergate thread didn't seem to be outraged at the Tanoomba RRP
One single person even noticed the thread move until I dared touch Picasso's thread.

If I didn't move that thread and only the Tanoomba/Mist ones we might have avoided yesterday entirely. Que sirrah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
and there was board backlash over RRP'ing Tanoomba for 3 fucking days.

That's not what happened.

Apparently the board backlash was over Tanoomba and Mist's threads not being Hall of Shame worthy, this according to Soygen and Dicktrickle.

I think it was more about Picasso's thread being moved, personally, but whatever.

Either way, it wasn't about Tanoomba being shawed.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Is it animal cruelty to watch a bird fly because it's eventually going to end up dead on the ground?

Is it animal cruelty to watch a dog run because it's eventually going to get hit by a car?

Is it animal cruelty to watch a gazelle save her baby from a lion by ramming it in the ass?

You have no right.

The only point to the video was watching it get tossed down the dark stairwell. Don't compare that to national geographic or whatever. It wasn't funny, it wasn't anything except watch this raccoon get its ass kicked. The other mods wanted it allowed so its allowed. It's still something I don't care to see. Whatever.

• 1Like

Picasso3

See there it is again, I am "trying to save face" from what I don't know.

I made a dispassionate decision that I thought was a smart thing to do. Nobody care for 24 hours. You came along and freaked out. I made a poll. During that time I plead my case. You and others plead yours. The vote was 1/3 in my favor and 2/3 in yours. I immediately reverted the decision.

There isn't a right or wrong side. There are two different styles. That is all.

Keep trying to pretend you were just concerned for the community. They were threads that didn't have to be imported and then they would be an issue. A lot of people didn't even want old threads. Yet here we are.

I am being chastised by passionate posters for moving a thread nobody even wanted there in the first place based on a dispassionate reason to try and ensure that shit posters have the slightest reason to not be shit posters.

Do not want thread titles dictated in the rickshaw. Your whole premise was unintended consequences yet you had the most unenforceable shit pile rule with no conceivable benefits.

Opening up word policing in the rickshaw is a straight line to arbitrary bullshit moderation.

Picasso3

The only point to the video was watching it get tossed down the dark stairwell. Don't compare that to national geographic or whatever. It wasn't funny, it wasn't anything except watch this raccoon get its ass kicked. The other mods wanted it allowed so its allowed. It's still something I don't care to see. Whatever.

It was too funny.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hey Moonbat being RRPd was my favorite feature!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Do not want thread titles dictated in the rickshaw. Your whole premise was unintended consequences yet you had the most unenforceable shit pile rule with no conceivable benefits.

Opening up word policing in the rickshaw is a straight line to arbitrary bullshit moderation.
Word policing? It wasn't the title of the threads that mattered .... it wasn't just because their name was on the title. It was that they were personal safe spaces conducive to them living in them .... please tell me you don't think it's because their name was on the thread title and that was the only reason.

Who is being purposely obtuse now?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Picasso, a_skeleton_03,

Debating this issue expired with the polls. There's no more face to save because the faces have been long worn out by Travolta and Cage.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Just because you say it's cruelty, doesn't mean it's cruelty. As you found out. The trex thing I'm with you on. RRP'ing Tanoomba without an explanation is typical faggot mod shit, it's exactly the type of shit Khalid said he wouldn't do in his campaign promise. I get it though, most people aren't faggot mods right up until the point they do faggot mod shit.

Whether it falls under the legal definition of cruelty to animals (which it almost certainly does not, since the guy was defending his dog in an animal fight) is immaterial to whether I think a video of it shown for our amusement is ok. But my opinion was overruled so post away.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

The only person who 'needed' an explanation for NoomBrats modding was NoomBrat, and he didnt really.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Whether it falls under the legal definition of cruelty to animals (which it almost certainly does not, since the guy was defending his dog in an animal fight) is immaterial to whether I think a video of it shown for our amusement is ok. But my opinion was overruled so post away.
Biggest reason you shouldn't care is that racoon was probably just fine. If it was tossed out of a 5 story window I would've supported censoring it. But down a flight of stairs? That racoon was out attacking harassing dogs and knocking over trash cans before the hour was up.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The goalposts keep shifting.

So I could have moved them with no issue as long as it wasn't to the HoS is that right @Soygen and DickTrickle DickTrickle ?

I can't keep up.

That is not correct. Again, I can only speak for myself, but it started for me when I saw those threads in the Hall of Shame. I thought that was the wrong place. I then further considered what merit there was in moving them at all and didn't see any, so I then advocated for no change to the status quo in that case. It's not a terribly complex sequence of events to follow.

Also, this shit was already going before the Picasso one was moved (which was only moved after someone pointed out it was a bit hypocritical not to have moved it).

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Biggest reason you shouldn't care is that racoon was probably just fine.

So, would a video of someone intentionally lighting it on fire be fine as long as they doused it fast enough that it was "probably just fine" ?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, would a video of someone intentionally lighting it on fire be fine as long as they doused it fast enough that it was "probably just fine" ?
No.

But if there were a hypothetical situation where someone's dog was being attacked and the only option available was a flame thrower followed by a beefy super soaker, then I suppose it'd be ok. At that point we'd be in saw levels of weird games.

i-want-to-play-a-game_1041.gif

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The only person who 'needed' an explanation for NoomBrats modding was NoomBrat, and he didnt really.

No that's what I meant. I don't think the whole community needs an explanation every time someone is RRP'd.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.