Mod Police - Now active - F16 patrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Picasso, a_skeleton_03,

Debating this issue expired with the polls. There's no more face to save because the faces have been long worn out by Travolta and Cage.
Why don't you go make a poll to see if I am allowed to have personal conversations "Mr. Voice of the People".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I feel like less is more and case by case is better than blanket rules. We voted for you because we trust you to make level headed decisions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because it'd be an unnecessary act of violence vs a defensive one.

But if there were a hypothetical situation where someone's dog was being attacked and the only option available was a flame thrower followed by a beefy super soaker, then I suppose it'd be ok. At that point we'd be in saw levels of weird games.

i-want-to-play-a-game_1041.gif

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
No that's what I meant. I don't think the whole community needs an explanation every time someone is RRP'd.

I dont think the receiver does either, they know they are dancing on the tracks, they just never know when they are gonna touch that third rail.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Because it'd be an unnecessary act of violence vs a defensive one.

But if there were a hypothetical situation where someone's dog was being attacked and the only option available was a flame thrower followed by a beefy super soaker, then I suppose it'd be ok. At that point we'd be in saw levels of weird games.

To me there's no difference in animal cruelty performed for a defensive purpose vs. unnecessary act of violence because either way the video is being shown for our amusement, and the amusement is derived from the sadistic glee we get at something getting its ass kicked. In this case it's a dumb rodent who was attacking a dog so people don't care, but it's the same intent to me.

That might be going to anita levels of "perverse pleasure" but its just my opinion. Ya'll overruled me so it's fair game now.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Make sure you change it to have his user name in the title.

I want to make sure you know that I am 100% okay with that so P Picasso3 doesn't have another temper tantrum 24 hours from now.

Be sure to bring it up every 24 hours and check into my post count history so you can compile a solid argument on how upset i am and you aren't.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To me there's no difference in animal cruelty performed for a defensive purpose vs. unnecessary act of violence because either way the video is being shown for our amusement, and the amusement is derived from the sadistic glee we get at something getting its ass kicked. In this case it's a dumb rodent who was attacking a dog so people don't care, but it's the same intent to me.

That might be going to anita levels of "perverse pleasure" but its just my opinion. Ya'll overruled me so it's fair game now.

Confirmed jainist

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Be sure to bring it up ever 24 hours and check into my post count history so you can compile a solid argument on how upset i am and you aren't.
Well I wanted to make sure I didn't misspeak that you had seen the thread and liked posts in it because you seemed awfully butthurt all of a sudden.

I was right.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Request Tuco's name be changed to Leslie or Dennis, his posting content is too Low-T for such a masculine moniker

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I dont think the receiver does either, they know they are dancing on the tracks, they just never know when they are gonna touch that third rail.

Regardless of what you think, this is what Khalid thinks:

One other thing:

When people are RRPed or warned, they need to be given more specific information about why they were infracted. Not some generic message like what we got on rerolled of "Being a dick". Someone being a dick to a jackass is doing the world a service.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

To me using the word cruelty to describe that video is a misnomer because the coon-pitcher didn't act in indifference or pleasure. He acted out of defense and acted appropriately to an animal that threatened him and his dog.

You could say that we, the watchers, are largely indifferent and get pleasure from watching the video, but you'd still be wrong to use the word cruel because we're not causing any pain to the animal.

Instead it'd be more accurate to say, "There's no difference in an act of violence toward an animal performed for a defensive purpose vs animal cruelty", in which case I disagree.

Besides that my previous statement holds true, the racoon was probably fine and that's why you should care about it.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

One other thing:

When people are RRPed or warned, they need to be given more specific information about why they were infracted. Not some generic message like what we got on rerolled of "Being a dick". Someone being a dick to a jackass is doing the world a service.

Yeah Tanoomba knew exactly what he was doing and he even admitted he was doing it on purpose to get shawed, so this argument is bad and dumb.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You could say that we, the watchers, are largely indifferent and get pleasure from watching the video

I did say that

Instead it'd be more accurate to say, "There's no difference in viewing a video of an act of violence toward an animal performed for a defensive purpose vs animal cruelty, if you're watching the video for your amusement", in which case I disagree.

Fixed your "it'd be more accurate to say" to what I actually said.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

One other thing:

You swayed me, I can see the value of getting a critique when putting art on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.