Monster Hunter Rise

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LBG forever. Can't wait to flip flop over mobs dropping bombs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh good my internet just died 2hours before the game launches. Now might have to download the game with my shitty backup ADSL connection if it doesn't get fixed until then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My internet got fixed after a couple of hours, french steam download server was being slow as fuck though, switched to germany and now getting 50mb/s so should be downloaded soon. Going switch axe for now, will probably switch to other stuff later on.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed MHW, but just getting through that initial tutorial mission this feels so clunky to the point that I'll probably watch my time may consider refunding for now. I probably won't because of how much I liked MHW and I've got at least one friend who's going to put a bunch of time into it (and I can always crash Hatorade Hatorade 's crew) , just not a great first impression. Going to poke around for some graphics overrides or any ini tweaks that may alleviate some of my bitching.

I wish i could scale the UI down a little so it didn't feel like I was playing on a 6.2" screen blown up to 32" of my 49" monitor.

EXIT THIS POST <Y/N> ?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh man, try as might with other weapons I still just god damned love DB's. So easy and fun zooming around. I can't see where to craft palico/palumute armor weapons? Am I missing something? Game is rock solid for me and having a blast. Shit, last thing I need is another 200+ hours in MH.......

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh man, try as might with other weapons I still just god damned love DB's. So easy and fun zooming around. I can't see where to craft palico/palumute armor weapons? Am I missing something? Game is rock solid for me and having a blast. Shit, last thing I need is another 200+ hours in MH.......
Might be unlocked later, there are a bunch of NPCs that don't seem to do shit early on, but haven't really looked into it too much so far.

Interesting that you can pick which quests you do to progress the story, rather than have specific ones. You can pick gathering and small monster killing shit early on and just avoid fighting big monsters if you're a coward, or just focus on the big ones and mostly avoid small monster(first rank you're kinda forced into some random quests but makes sense but already by 2star rank you can grab 3 boss killing quests instead of the other shit). Although I assume there's some shit where you have to do all the quests at least once, either achievement or special quest unlock at high level like in MHW, so will end up having to collect low level herbs eventually anyway.

So far shitting on these early monsters, they're really easy, although I'm sure having played World a bunch is what makes them easier. Really like the mobility between the dog for travelling faster and the jumping shit to go find secrets. Maps seem filled with random shit on top of mountains and what not which is neat, sometimes it's just like village points stuff which is whatever but there's also some other things like those animal things that boost your stats or whatever(I grabbed one but haven't looked into how I equip it yet), the collectibles story things and such, it's neat.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Might be unlocked later, there are a bunch of NPCs that don't seem to do shit early on, but haven't really looked into it too much so far.

Interesting that you can pick which quests you do to progress the story, rather than have specific ones. You can pick gathering and small monster killing shit early on and just avoid fighting big monsters if you're a coward, or just focus on the big ones and mostly avoid small monster(first rank you're kinda forced into some random quests but makes sense but already by 2star rank you can grab 3 boss killing quests instead of the other shit). Although I assume there's some shit where you have to do all the quests at least once, either achievement or special quest unlock at high level like in MHW, so will end up having to collect low level herbs eventually anyway.

So far shitting on these early monsters, they're really easy, although I'm sure having played World a bunch is what makes them easier. Really like the mobility between the dog for travelling faster and the jumping shit to go find secrets. Maps seem filled with random shit on top of mountains and what not which is neat, sometimes it's just like village points stuff which is whatever but there's also some other things like those animal things that boost your stats or whatever(I grabbed one but haven't looked into how I equip it yet), the collectibles story things and such, it's neat.
Pet blacksmith is up stairs in the room you get your food/guild quests from. Little cat blacksmith.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am not good at the whole wirebug thing. It launches where the character is looking and sometimes (a lot of times) I am suddenly looking away from where the camera is facing so I end up going the wrong direction. Probably just something I need to get used to, but having the target reticule ahead of me and then going the other way because the camera is "above" the character so I can't see that their direction is slightly turned to the left so I jump off the cliff instead of continuing to climb is somewhat frustrating.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I am not good at the whole wirebug thing. It launches where the character is looking and sometimes (a lot of times) I am suddenly looking away from where the camera is facing so I end up going the wrong direction. Probably just something I need to get used to, but having the target reticule ahead of me and then going the other way because the camera is "above" the character so I can't see that their direction is slightly turned to the left so I jump off the cliff instead of continuing to climb is somewhat frustrating.

It just takes some getting use too, n/m the fact that the camera controls are complete ass *sigh*

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I enjoyed MHW, but just getting through that initial tutorial mission this feels so clunky to the point that I'll probably watch my time may consider refunding for now. I probably won't because of how much I liked MHW and I've got at least one friend who's going to put a bunch of time into it (and I can always crash Hatorade Hatorade 's crew) , just not a great first impression. Going to poke around for some graphics overrides or any ini tweaks that may alleviate some of my bitching.

I wish i could scale the UI down a little so it didn't feel like I was playing on a 6.2" screen blown up to 32" of my 49" monitor.

EXIT THIS POST <Y/N> ?
Yes the intro sucks, you can’t just jump in and fight a monster. Takes about 30 minutes or so to burn through them, I took the time to explore the map, get a bunch of berries for ammo, few relics, got my wire bug moves down etc.
There shouldn’t be a rush to HR with this one because of all the palico skill hunting. Super important to get the right cats with the right skills and level up whatever you got on the side that you won’t be hunting with. Need them for Argosy and Meowcenary missions.

multiplayer works much better in this one, you can jump right into hub quests if you want but I do recommend getting to at least rank 4 missions in village before you do.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you always manually aim instead of the hotkeys you won’t have that issue, focus more on the wall scaling while sprinting. Wire bug up, sprint up wall, when out of stamnia you jump off, manually aim towards wall then wire bug again. Repeat.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got up to 5 star village last night. Enjoying it overall, but the amount of monster parts you get from riding is crazy. I think I ended up with around 12 lootable parts in one area before I had even killed a monster. The new monsters are pretty neat, but the rampage tower defense stuff is Zzzz. Can't wait to 1 and done all of those.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Love some of the newer monsters so far - the guy that sits on his tail and throws poison in the forest, armadillo etc. Really enjoying this! Best thing about MH to me is fighting new monsters blind and learning weaknesses and strats and there is plenty of that to be had here.