Moon Knight

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get the hate, this is streets ahead of the previous marvels series imo. I nerded out when He turned into Mr knight but it was kind of lackluster sadly.

The acting I will say is fantastic, the villain is so far better than all the other other series so far but we will see. Also a big dick tease of him pulling out the truncheon

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Props to Oscar Isaac, he's a great great example of method acting, not doing shit like ledger, Leto, Shai, or Joaquin

I feel like he is a big part of comedy in future movies

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

On another note, I can't stand Steven and it's obviously the point. I haven't rewatched the episode but I thought I saw him do a force push in one scene, am I wrong?

Also its awesome how Oscar reacts to the kid

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I had liked the first episode, but I felt frustrated by the second. Maybe I missed something, but I don't understand the "rules" for the character. For example, in the first episode it clearly shows Marc taking control when the need requires (trying to hand over the scarab scene, bus scene, etc.). Next episode Marc explicitly requires Steven to relinquish control. So, which is it?

Sorry if someone mentioned this. I skimmed the thread and didn't notice anyone raise this point.

Also, I don't like the Khonshu personality. Doesn't come off as very ancient Egyptiany. Granted, I'm not familiar with the source material at all so maybe it's like this in the comics too?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is the best marvel show on Disney plus made this far imo. Non of the super slow sludge the others had on their first episodes. I like the others after 3ish episodes but I was all over this even on the very first.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had liked the first episode, but I felt frustrated by the second. Maybe I missed something, but I don't understand the "rules" for the character. For example, in the first episode it clearly shows Marc taking control when the need requires (trying to hand over the scarab scene, bus scene, etc.). Next episode Marc explicitly requires Steven to relinquish control. So, which is it?

Sorry if someone mentioned this. I skimmed the thread and didn't notice anyone raise this point.

Also, I don't like the Khonshu personality. Doesn't come off as very ancient Egyptiany. Granted, I'm not familiar with the source material at all so maybe it's like this in the comics too?
i think initially, steven didn't know about marc so it was easier for marc to take control. but then steven even being exposed to all this stuff put him on the defensive. as of episode 2, steven is actively trying to keep marc at bay.

i think part of the mystery is what happened that changed their dynamic in the first place that even allowed steven to get exposed and i'm hoping we find out a little more about that.

khonshu is... i didn't really read the comics but from everything i've seen/been told, khonshu behaves like a petulant child. i think he's considered a lesser god, so even though he's a god and has godlike power, he's on the low rung of the totem pole in the egyptian pantheon. so he's got the diety version of a napoleon complex.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really great episode. Been a pleasure learning about Moon Knight as someone who never did before when I collected comics back in the 80s.

Questions I have now:

So Marc is dead, yes? Did Konshu (sp?) ressurect his "spirit" as his avatar INSIDE Steven after glass-foot man somehow detached Konshu from himself as his avatar? Was Marc already dead when that happened? Or did Konshu already have Marc as his avatar when Marc died and when THAT happened is when Steven became the body to house Marc's spirit/soul?

Can't wait to see! Maybe these will be answered as this onion is unpeeled in future episodes.

It also raises interesting questions about morality and the punishment of evil. It's like how people ask how God could allow evil to happen in the first place if he is a perfect God (I mean, we Christians know why but I understand why/how an atheist is confused about this and this show asks the question in a very interesting way when you compare it to that).

Okay, so, yes, Marc was a mercenary who carried out missions he could morally justify but one day he ends up on a job where these archeologists are to be killed, leave no witnesses kind of thing, so he objects and is shot alongside them. He dies at the foot of a Khonshu statue who in turn resurrects him as his avatar, The Fist of Khonshu.

On the question about previous Fists, Khonshu is a really fickle god and can change them around at will depending on who he thinks will best serve his purposes. He recently chose another person over Marc then cast her aside and picked him back up again. So, yeah, him having Harrow then Marc is totally understandable.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't get the Khonshu hate. He's hilarious.

"SLIT HIS THROAT!!!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
For example, in the first episode it clearly shows Marc taking control when the need requires (trying to hand over the scarab scene, bus scene, etc.). Next episode Marc explicitly requires Steven to relinquish control. So, which is it?
Marc needed Steven to give up control in the bathroom in the first episode as well. Easy enough to say that the more Steven is aware of reality, the harder it is for Marc to take control.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Khonshu just constantly talking shit about Steven is great. What was his first line? Something like "Oh great, the idiots awake"

• 3Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The more interesting question is: Were any of these Egyptian Gods snapped by the great purple one and reappeared like "What in the name of Horus just happened?" LoL~

Cuz if you say lowly, pagan, Egyptian Gods aren't affected by universal balance which is guided and dictated by the literal stones that command reality itself, time itself, space itself, power itself, the soul itself, and mind itself, then...

no-sir-i-dont-like-it.gif

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What in Khonshu's name are you talking about?

• 2Worf

Homsar

Marc needed Steven to give up control in the bathroom in the first episode as well. Easy enough to say that the more Steven is aware of reality, the harder it is for Marc to take control.
I don't know if that's the case or just bad writing but yeah, once Steven became more aware it fucks shit up

Completely agree Knonshu is Great

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Khonshu gives me Venom vibes. Low on the totem pole in their respective races.

• 2Like

Homsar

I never got read the Mr knight stuff much, does Steven fuck with Knonshu and that's why he become more Batman/detective? I did like the they showed Marc is a drinker

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i don't get the whole "how do 2 people have complete and seemingly full lives but... don't know about each other at all for 30+ years?" but i'm sure it'll be explained, the whole thing about grant calling his mom daily and then Layla mentioning its nice he talks to his mom again is probably important and will come up again. I'm sure for MK comic fans it must be cool but also maddening to know all the deets while noobs like me are just having fun at how weird and wild everything is.

meanwhile lol

iInDr1v.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I believe it was in the storage locker scene, but I think Marc mentioned they used to be more or less equals in the body, so Marc could take over when needed, but that balance is broken as Steven learns more about what is going on, the driver has more power now (as evidenced by Steven also not being able to grab control back from Marc)

Homsar

I believe it was in the storage locker scene, but I think Marc mentioned they used to be more or less equals in the body, so Marc could take over when needed, but that balance is broken as Steven learns more about what is going on, the driver has more power now (as evidenced by Steven also not being able to grab control back from Marc)
Marc is drinking/drunk at the end is to keep Steven away. Might be wrong

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I read the Wiki on his powers and abilities. Are there different versions of this character? I got the impression from the Wiki that the comic version has tech gadgets. The TV adaptation is obviously magic or supernatural.