Morbius (2020)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
And that's just Marvel Studios movies which are on a different tier
Well that's why though. I agree, Thor 2 itself wasn't bad at all, but that's only in the context of the fact it's a Marvel movie. It's like how Godfather 3 was considered "bad". It really wasn't at all, but when standing next to 1 and 2, it pales in comparison. That's all that it is with Thor 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't understand the hate for Thor 2
It's bland, bland is worse than bad. Plus it really wasted Malekith and Kurse, and in particular wasted Christopher Eccleston who normally makes for a very entertaining villain in movies.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I don't understand the hate for Thor 2. I liked it better than Thor 1, Hulk, and IM2/3. It released between Avengers, Winter Soldier, and GotG which are all S-Tier Marvel Studios movies, so it pales in comparison to them, but compared to the ones I mentioned, Captain Marvel, and Eternals...the hate doesn't seem warranted. And that's just Marvel Studios movies which are on a different tier than the crap other studios were putting out.

because other than introducing the reality stone it contributes absolutely zero to the MCU as a whole

Djay

Trakanon Raider
because other than introducing the reality stone it contributes absolutely zero to the MCU as a whole
That doesn't put it in the territory of Catwoman and Eternals. I don't care if people dislike it or think it's one of the weaker Marvel Studios movies, but putting it in the same breath as the worst comic book movies ever doesn't make sense.

And if you think it's bland...and that bland is worse than bad...fair enough. I disagree, but thanks for answering the question. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, but it keeps being brought up with movies I could barely sit through once, let alone multiple times.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
That doesn't put it in the territory of Catwoman and Eternals. I don't care if people dislike it or think it's one of the weaker Marvel Studios movies, but putting it in the same breath as the worst comic book movies ever doesn't make sense.

And if you think it's bland...and that bland is worse than bad...fair enough. I disagree, but thanks for answering the question. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, but it keeps being brought up with movies I could barely sit through once, let alone multiple times.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree with you it's not in the same shit tier as those you listed. However, in the grand scheme of MCU movies it's still pretty close to the bottom. Only the true wastes of time like Captain Marvel, Eternals, and Black Widow are really worse. At least Black Widow gave us Yelena.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
A pattern I notice when people talk about bad superhero movies is that the antagonist is just as important as the protagonist. Think about it.. every "bad" Marvel movie or series that should have been good has had one glaring thing go wrong: an antagonist that is shitty. Taskmaster, Malekith, The Flag-Smashers, Abomination, Kro/The Deviants, Xu Wenwu/Dweller In Darkness/Soul Eaters, etc etc.

...and here we are with Morbius. Who's the villain again? LoL!

Which then leads me to this thought since I was just talking about the depth of shittiness that was Fantastic Four 2015... the only way to redeem those characters is to cast Doctor Doom properly. 3rd times a charm. ...and the path to that is:

Leo as Victor Von Doom. Hell, he's already worn an iron mask in a film, it's like an old glove to him haha

Man-Iron-Mask-5.jpg

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But how does it rank compared to Birds of Prey..?
The one and only "superhero" movie I turned off and didn't finish. God I had oirfed that piece of shit from my memory. I would rather binge watch WW84 over and over before watching that trash.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys are either too young to remember or memory blocked some truely bad movies under the superhero banner that came out in the past. Catwoman is indeed bad and probably the worst movie made with top tier talent (Stone and Berry were still pretty solid draws at the time), unless you want to count The Spirit (which I think is worse wasted potential). The 1970s Spiderman where he had a fucking spider car was cringe bad even for that era. Quest for Peace ended the seemingly invincible run of Reeves Superman movies. And did everyone just plain forget Tank Girl? I don't even think Mobius is one of the worst ten comic book movies in the modern era, honestly, or even one of the worst five Marvel IP movies (Captain Resting Bitch Face, Eternals, Iron Man 2 aka Black Widow 1, the Ang Lee Hulk movie, Thor 2) for that matter. Its not good, but its watchable and I might watch it again to see Matt Smith do his thing. I cannot say the same for about ten other comic movies from the last decade.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys are either too young to remember or memory blocked some truely bad movies under the superhero banner that came out in the past. Catwoman is indeed bad and probably the worst movie made with top tier talent (Stone and Berry were still pretty solid draws at the time), unless you want to count The Spirit (which I think is worse wasted potential). The 1970s Spiderman where he had a fucking spider car was cringe bad even for that era. Quest for Peace ended the seemingly invincible run of Reeves Superman movies. And did everyone just plain forget Tank Girl? I don't even think Mobius is one of the worst ten comic book movies in the modern era, honestly, or even one of the worst five Marvel IP movies (Captain Resting Bitch Face, Eternals, Iron Man 2 aka Black Widow 1, the Ang Lee Hulk movie, Thor 2) for that matter. Its not good, but its watchable and I might watch it again to see Matt Smith do his thing. I cannot say the same for about ten other comic movies from the last decade.
Tank Girl. Holy shit bad. Lori Petty was near peak hot though.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Tank Girl basically ended Lori Petty's entire mainstream career. Same thing for Billy Zane with Phantom or Reeves in Quest for Peace, honestly. Those are movies you know are impressively bad, when entire careers are tanked in the blowback.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Tank Girl basically ended Lori Petty's entire mainstream career. Same thing for Billy Zane with Phantom or Reeves in Quest for Peace, honestly. Those are movies you know are impressively bad, when entire careers are tanked in the blowback.
She was also a co-star on Booker. She had a brief period when she was moving. Alas, poof... She was gone.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Tank Girl still better than In the Army Now.

MV5BOWU5MDMzODQtMmM0ZS00MjU5LWExMzMtZjBlOTczY2NjNTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY3MjUzNDk@._V1_.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
disney would prefer you not see it since its 100% owned, made, and profited by Sony. If Sony gives up they could sell Spiderman back to Disney.

Its never happening though, Sony will continue pumping out shit tier Spidey adjacent movies. I'm pretty sure though they are gonna fold in Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield into these things, its a huge box office bump to toss in a spidey into these movies. Doesn't matter which spidey really.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
disney would prefer you not see it since its 100% owned, made, and profited by Sony. If Sony gives up they could sell Spiderman back to Disney.

Its never happening though, Sony will continue pumping out shit tier Spidey adjacent movies. I'm pretty sure though they are gonna fold in Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield into these things, its a huge box office bump to toss in a spidey into these movies. Doesn't matter which spidey really.
Tom Holland should be a little nervous that Garfield and Mcguire were so well received in No Way Home. if he has any contract disputes with Sony, they could always ditch him and toss in one of those guys at the drop of a hat or split his appearances up in other Spidey movies he would otherwise be cast in. my favorite is still Tobey and Andrew Garfield now that he's a bit older has grown on me. Tom Holland isnt that great in comparison.

Caliane

rotten tomatoes scores can be baffling. how the fuck is Birds of Prey, 79%/78%? they MUST have culled the scores.

bland IS worse then bad.

How the fuck does anyone call Darkman bad? that shit is fantastic. Sam Rami, Liam nelson.. the sequels however.. those are real contenders for worst.

Supergirl is classically considered one of the worst. theres also alot of low budget ones in the 80's largely forgotten. made for tv/straight to dvd/vhs ones. or, rip offs. things like Meteor man. 1979 captain America? 1990 captain America? Blankman?

Elektra was awful.
Legend of Chun li was awful.
Ultraviolet, Aeonflux, barb wire...

Last edited:
  • 1Like