Mortal Kombat 11

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I unlocked all of Shujinko's shit in Deception. Woopdie doo, some of it was real grindy or hard.

Grind? Really? Isn't this a community of ex+EQ players?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ronda rousey is such a terrible voice actress... ugh.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Edit: full story cinematic was taken down, unsurprisingly.

And yeah, Rousey leaves much to be desired with speaking lines.

But I'm impressed by the fact they put in 3 hours of cut scenes in a fighting game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Frost Reveal

Also every fatality for anyone interested. Johnny Cage's are both great

• 3Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Apparently, they are going to be patching the Tower difficulty and the Krypt unlocks to be more friendly. This was announced on the Kombat Kast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Apparently, they are going to be patching the Tower difficulty and the Krypt unlocks to be more friendly. This was announced on the Kombat Kast.
Still fucking stupid, the people advocating and showing real love for this game lost all hype after an hour of trying to unlock brutalities. This game wants you to AFK grind out coins...I mean WTF...

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
anyone play? i was thinking about picking up but read the story campaign is only 6-8 hours, which is fine i guess but i probably wouldn't play much beyond that so seems a bit of a waste to pay $60 for that.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
anyone play? i was thinking about picking up but read the story campaign is only 6-8 hours, which is fine i guess but i probably wouldn't play much beyond that so seems a bit of a waste to pay $60 for that.

Imo for a fighting game 6 to 8 hours is a long ass time for a story mode. I'm gonna be playing on PC when I get home from work today. Looking forward to it despite some concerns about grinds.

Worst case scenario on the grind I'll cheat my coin grind for krypt unlocks if it's too awful.

j00t

there's a campaign story that is just over 3 hours of cutscene. 12 chapters with about 4-5 fights per chapter, so your skill will have a direct effect on how long it takes you beyond the 3 hours of cutscenes. there's also the individual story mode for each character, but i have no idea how many fights are in that one. i'd wager if you are ONLY in it for the single player, you could probably get 20 hours out of it

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'd be shocked if there was anything legitimately difficult in the story mode.

This is a big studio and campaigns are made for idiots to face roll and feel good about it rather than be challenged.

j00t

i agree, but i didn't say it was hard. i said your skill will have a direct effect on how long it is. you are forced to control characters you may or may not be used to which could lead to losing a few times. heck, even taking an extra minute here and there adds up.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
3 hours of cut scenes for a fighting game? Did they consult Hideo Kojima for this shit? Man, I haven't played a MK since MK3 on Playstation 1.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
OK the story is pretty freaking good. It's like watching an 80s action movie with the violence dialed up. I really like how it plays as a fighter. I have trouble playing with the brute type characters as they are just slow but if they hit it takes a nice chunk off the hit point bar.

• 1Like

j00t

i like the story in a vacuum, but it's... you have to be VERY clever with time travel and mk11 just... isn't. i don't like how it ends. it's just too... much.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
3 hours of cut scenes for a fighting game? Did they consult Hideo Kojima for this shit? Man, I haven't played a MK since MK3 on Playstation 1.
Pretty sure since nine it has been like that, good shit too.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I always take time travel with a grain of salt. I haven't finished the story yet but I love Johnny cage talking to himself.

• 1Like

j00t

i always hated johnny cage but hes great in this and X

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah my point being no one is gonna get stuck on something. If you jump kick spam 5 matches, one you will eventually win in the story mode.

Then you get online and people are low,overhead/grab masters.

• 1Like