Mortal Kombat 11

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah because men aren't crying about it(?).

These people need to be told to shut the fuck up and make their own game, not coddled and appeased. It's never enough for them.

It's not about the cohesion of story elements or whatever in the game. It's simply another annoying reminder of the rainbow haired screechers changing what we see and play. That's enough to dislike it.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
D4ygWnGWAAIpxNC

D4ygWnLX4AApYcg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Tarisk Tarisk

can you out yourself as a gay or muslim already? i'm fine with either, just not with you being in the closet of denial

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Just looking at that vid earlier in the thread I think that MKX still has the best models for dudes but MK IX has the best ladies out of the 3 in the video.

I don't know. I think people confuse the cosplays and the fan art with the actual game, because in MK9 the ladies gave off a real... tranny vibe. Giant shoulders and biceps with tiny hips.

That being said they definitely should have included some of the previous game costumes for the women since, you know, the whole fucking game is a time travel mashup and all the male characters have oldschool costumes. It was a deliberate choice to retcon the costume history of half the cast and they missed the obvious comedic opportunities to have them rag on each other for dressing like ninja hookers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

You guys clearly don't understand how this works. MK11 has microtranscations and skins to unlock, right?

You release some female skins later on that show more skin, people buy them up. EZ money. Even Blizzard has done that. Learn2Capitalism guys lol

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Can't they do bikini/nude mods for PC MK11 like they do for Street Fighter V? Let the aftermarket provide.

I haven't played it or anything but watching vids, this game really does look incredible. Comparing the facial features of the women in this compared to Injustice 2 for example, this game is way better. The only thing I'd nitpick is "fatal blows" being a bit toooo fatal for people to go on fighting afterwards. Taking a spear or 3 all the way through the head and then getting up to keep going 2 seconds later is a bit hard on the suspension of disbelief for me. Ya, rule of cool and 'it's Mortal Kombat!' and all, but still.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
the weird thing is stories are leaking about how working at Netherrealm is super toxic with dev leads calling all women bitches and sexual harrassment charges and all kinds of stuff, but why does the actual game feel like it was written by Muslim devs
‘Mortal Kombat 11’ Game Devs Allege Toxic Work Conditions at Warner Bros. Interactive’s NetherRealm

we're in such a weird place where guys act like guys behind closed doors but pretend to be liberal trans hippies everywhere else
That's because "wokeness" is a product being sold by corporations. The money men don't give a shit about SJWs, they care about the $$$. Which makes SJWs that much more pathetic.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well, they got around to fixing the major elements of the grind, though the soul grind is still a bit of a chore for the 10k chest. The towers got majorly toned down in terms of the spammability of the consumables by the AI, but more than half still are packed with annoying effects on the AI. But, its at least somewhat playable now if you want to grind the SP stuff.

The game itself? Well, a lot of current competitive play revolves around pokes into throws, which has almost entirely replaced the 50/50 shit that permeated all of the previous MK. The projectile spam of Injustice is nerfed to the point where zoning is basically impossible for anyone other than Noob. The speed is a touch slower, which helps cut down on the mash and rewards good reads or hit confirming. I like most of these adjustments, but the community reaction is somewhat mixed. The main issue is that there a couple of characters who still kind of play by the MK10 rules in certain ways and/or have key tools that the bulk of the cast lacks. A good example is Lui Kang (by no means top tier) having both overheads and easily spammed combo strings that start mid with good frame speed, but then you have Jade with nothing that starts mid except with ludicrously punishable startup times. A handful of characters with quick starting mid strings combined with descent overheads are fairly dominant at the moment, namely Sonya, Erron Black, Scorpion, Scrub Zero, and (strangely) Gerras. Outside of the Gerras, the big bruisers suffer from their big hit boxes and a lack of options that the seemingly more flushed out characters have. This is further magnified by them only having two presets of each character, one of which is always hot garbage.

I think if they tweaked down frames on a couple of the mid openers on the five upper guys a bit and allowed full customization, the game would have as close to balance as you could hope for. As it stands now, everyone is playable for the most part (only Shao Khan and Cetrion are hot garbage) but some characters definitely play with more tools on the table than others and are at the top of the heap as a result. In particular, Scorps teleport and Sonya's front punch frame data need to be nerfed (along with some of Noobs teleport startups) for online to be long term viable.

They are close, though. Its fun and methodical enough that you know that when you lose its generally due to a bad decision, not spam or dropped execution. For me, that's a better fighter for the masses of casuals and its interesting to watch. Some of the community feel differently, however.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Started I think 2 days ago, finally.

I don't see anywhere I have to rmt to unlock anything except for Shao Kahn for 6$. Frost is easily unlocked.

I have the Krypt guide started and almost to the noob Saibot stuff I want to unlock. I finished his second challenge tower for a brutality I wanted. Rest are in Krypt I think and I'm close to those.

While I haven't beat the game with Jax yet, I'm still yet to see flagrant SJWism.

Really good MK for me.

After I finish the brutality unlocks, I'll check out online play.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It looks like they intended skin incentive to be the money sink, which is kind of clever since the competitive folks who stick to online would never be earning in game currency to unlock anything. Problem is they way overdid it and the backlash was real. I know their numbers cannot be good, because two weeks in and I have been in the top 2% on towers both weeks while maybe putting in an hour a day at most.

As for the SJW stuff, count the number of times you see burquad up Jade or Skarlet vs shirtless Baraka and you start to notice it. Its the number two guy in NRS who has been pushing that shit into their material, but Boon has done nothing to keep the game in its anti-PC roots.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PS- They are holding back on major balance changes until EVO (not really any choice there). I am predicting that the four most common characters will be Sonya, Geras, Scrub Zero, and Scorpion, probably in that order of representation. I would be very surprised if Cetrion or Shao Khan are even played at all or if anyone other than a Geras player won. Sonya is playing by the MK10 rules, but the bugged hitboxes and bullshit sandpit spam for Geras are pretty hard to stop in a lagless environment.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
You're playing the PS4 version, right? I skipped almost all of last weeks ToT and came back for the last two days to see if I could land in the top 5% for the Baraka skin and after 100 towers and close to 15 hours of playtime I was only able to place 9.6% and ranked somewhere in the 5,000 range. You would think the console version would have more players than PC in ToT, especially considering PC is still behind the consoles in ToT patches. Last week 140ish towers got me in the .6% range.

Started I think 2 days ago, finally.

I don't see anywhere I have to rmt to unlock anything except for Shao Kahn for 6$. Frost is easily unlocked.

I have the Krypt guide started and almost to the noob Saibot stuff I want to unlock. I finished his second challenge tower for a brutality I wanted. Rest are in Krypt I think and I'm close to those.

While I haven't beat the game with Jax yet, I'm still yet to see flagrant SJWism.

Really good MK for me.

After I finish the brutality unlocks, I'll check out online play.

It's almost as if a large percentage of people who shit on the game never played it or intended to and used misleading or blatantly false information in their criticism, isn't it? Some of his brutalities can be found in the ToT, too. Just look for Noob as the end boss of the tower and the rewards on the left will usually always be a Skin, Brutality, and some equipment pieces.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
As for the SJW stuff, count the number of times you see burquad up Jade or Skarlet vs shirtless Baraka and you start to notice it. Its the number two guy in NRS who has been pushing that shit into their material, but Boon has done nothing to keep the game in its anti-PC roots.

Except these are the default'ish skins and there are better skins for both characters. I think you're only noticing it because you want to.

But I won't deny that SJW shit is plaguing games/movies/etc these days. I just don't think it should be the first assumption

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It only recorded 2 of the at least 20 krushing blows I did towards tower completion. Not sure why.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thought I remembered on release day Floe trying out a bunch of different crushing blows and certain ones were only counted. That could have been patched in all the changes or he was just doing it incorrectly.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The crushing blow thing is a known bug it only counts the ones that are shared commonly between all characters for the most part. So the counter uppercut one counts and if your character has a throw based crushing that will count as well generally. It's a crapshoot for which one's count outside of those however.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Think you got it solved cuz I was landing the uppercut ones but trying to farm the completions using the projectile one.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
only real "wtf am i gonna do against this" fight I've had is against a Sonya so far. Just constant spam combos of high low mixups I couldn't punish after blocking.

There's a lot to be said about taking control of the fight in this one and putting ppl on "guess high/low" defense. Can be real hard to stop their momentum, esp this Sonya spam shit lol. Her projectile is brutal to play range games against too.

Finally got this beast of a combo down

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Sonya is definately on the op list, due to the mixups and all the frame advantage on her strings. Having two non techable command throws is some serious horse shit on a rushdown character, too. And she probably has some of the easiest high damage combos that are viable online, too. Only reason Erron and Geras are worse is all of the unpunishable bullshit that breaks core game rules, aka acid pool and the sand pit. Scorpion has the same issue as in 10, namely his TP is too good in online but ok in local, no way to unfuck that situation. Scrub Zero just plain has too many frame advantages and easy KBs for a character with his damage output and reach. Those are the elite of this game atm.

They should fix the bugs, then nerf or buff everyone to tune them around Jade, Kung Lao, or Raidens level. Those characters are decent with enough tools but dont feel cheap to use or face.

• 1Truth!