Most underrated and overrated movies ever

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to go specific genre and say for underrated horror movies: Frailty, As Above So Below and Tucker and Dale vs Evil fit the bill.

Overrated horror movies: It Comes at Night, Hush and Paranormal Activity

Edit: So I am a complete idiot and the replies got me thinking. I mixed up It Comes at Night with Deliver us from Evil. No clue how, but I mean Deliver us from Evil is overrated. It Comes at Night was solid throughout and a good movie imho.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Decided to go specific genre and say for underrated horror movies: Frailty, As Above So Below and Tucker and Dale vs Evil fit the bill.

First Paranormal Activity with the possession ending was pretty legit, but certainly not worth the hype.

I feel like Frailty has already, correctly, been mentioned in this thread.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
First Paranormal Activity with the possession ending was pretty legit, but certainly not worth the hype.

I feel like Frailty has already, correctly, been mentioned in this thread.
My bad, I missed it. I will search next time np.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just a reminder... Yup it was bad lol

It's on par with Brad Pitt's"what's in the box?"
Fuck... It's the only thing negative about Se7en.
i always thought of Se7en as a dark comedy. no way thats a serious movie. there are jokes throughout the film. "whats in the box!!!" is the director just telling you flat out its a big laugh. Spacey hams it up the entire time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
i always thought of Se7en as a dark comedy. no way thats a serious movie. there are jokes throughout the film. "whats in the box!!!" is the director just telling you flat out its a big laugh. Spacey hams it up the entire time.
Yeeeeeeah.

Didn't realize you were so popular on TikTok Astr0...Tell us more how you are not like the other girls.
Autoplay video in spoiler.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess "overrated" is very subjective, but for my taste, Deadpool was a complete miss. It fell flat so hard I can't even recall the plot. And I was hyped as fuck before seeing it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I guess "overrated" is very subjective, but for my taste, Deadpool was a complete miss. It fell flat so hard I can't even recall the plot. And I was hyped as fuck before seeing it.
the hype on this board was ridiculous. i saw it, it was ok. it wasnt bad and it had some good moments, but i couldnt really appreciate why everyone was losing their minds over it. i didnt read Deadpool comics, so maybe you had to have some knowledge of the IP to enjoy all the details.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I thought It Comes At Night was pretty damn good. If you are a parent the ending is devastating; if not it is just brutal.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought It Comes At Night was pretty damn good. If you are a parent the ending is devastating; if not it is just brutal.
The ending was solid but the move was so slow and tepid in getting there imho.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit I was thinking of the wrong movie entirely wow. I have no idea how I mixed these up but I actually meant Deliver us from Evil as super overrated at the time. It Comes at night is solid and suspenseful and the ending is crushing.

No idea how I mixed those two movies up in my mind at all.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It Comes At Night is the only extremely disappointing horror flick out of A24 for me, so far. Didn't think it was even close to The VVitch, Hereditary, or Midsommar.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Extremely underrated:

final_fantasy_vii_remake_is_jessie_alive_or_dead_can_you_save_he_1542763.jpg

And wouldnt you know? Its getting a blu ray release finally

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the most overrated movie.

The winner is

1610402917962.png

This was the dumbest movie that had way more press than it should have. The movie was just stupid and yet the hype behind it was phenomenal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

The winner is

View attachment 328469

This was the dumbest movie that had way more press than it should have. The movie was just stupid and yet the hype behind it was phenomenal.

You're so right. It wasn't just that the movie was dumb, the people in the movie were dumb. "You lost the map. Here's a river. We know it goes in to town. We could follow the river. No, let's run around like idiots." Then more dumb things happen.

Stupid people. Stupid movie.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

The winner is

View attachment 328469

I think it was the first successful viral marketing of the modern era. I remember, in pre historical internet, everyone was talking about this.
Saw it years afterwards. Good God, fuck hand helm camera shot films. I was feeling pretty nauseous and bored at the end.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah that movie got an absurd amount of hype. Was kind of coming off of Clerks having success so people were all about these low budget movies at the time. Difference is Clerks was actually a funny movie with good character interaction and Blair Witch just sucks.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Good God, fuck hand helm camera shot films. I was feeling pretty nauseous and bored at the end.

Yeah I nearly barfed in the movie theater. It was nothing compared to Cloverfield though. At least I could watch the Blair Witch Project and just felt sick by the end. Cloverfield I was staring at the floor through the whole thing and still had to go outside a couple of times during the movie to keep from puking. I even got sick watching cloverfield on a small screen years later. Definitely never seeing another shaky cam movie in the theater.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never got nauseous or a headache from Cloverfield. i did get a fucked headache from watching Avatar in 3D though. Cloverfield was entertaining, was funny watching with my dad who worked in Manhattan at the time shitting all over the movie for getting their geography wrong. it took me a long time to realize that the reason there was never an acual sequel to it was fucking Abrams playing his mystery box game to cover for his lack of story or explanation of the monster. just, "look, here's a monster in NYC busting shit up. don't ask why or how, just watch it!" eh ok. he's been getting away with that for 17 years.