Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think it would be a hard choice to make to go with used when you've been looking at new. When I was looking at the 390/690/310GS, in the back of my mind I wanted the Street Triple the moment I sat on it. Took me a few weeks before I finally decided to get her. Super glad I did.

Found these Klim gloves that are the best fricken things since sliced bread. They are definitely winter gloves but damn they are comfortable. They will also do double duty for skiing. Come next spring i'll be looking for similar pair for warmer weather.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2018 Kawasaki H2SXSE.jpg

Well that was a terrifying ride home on the new bike after dark. Completely different riding position it's almost like starting all over learning. Dark corners when you arn't comfortable with the balance yet sucks. Also stop and go traffic for 3 miles because a lights out also sucked but got me some low speed practice. Really hates 1st gear sub 10mph stop and go though. Forgot about grip heaters and froze mah hands.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
My rear left turn signal (at least I think it was rear) got dinged and now my rear left turn signal doesnt work. When I try to use it, the light lights up on the dash, but instead of blinking, its just a solid amber color. Fromt left turn signal doesnt work either.

Front and rear right turn signal work just fine

What should I look at first?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
My rear left turn signal (at least I think it was rear) got dinged and now my rear left turn signal doesnt work. When I try to use it, the light lights up on the dash, but instead of blinking, its just a solid amber color. Fromt left turn signal doesnt work either.

Front and rear right turn signal work just fine

What should I look at first?

if one side flashes the module that controls pulse isnt broken, probably broke a ground wire when it got dinged.

78616.jpg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
if one side flashes the module that controls pulse isnt broken, probably broke a ground wire when it got dinged.

78616.jpg

Thank you sir.

And since its the front and the rear left turn signal that doesnt work, its not a groundwire near the turn signals - so where should I start looking?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can't take much credit with no options. Do like the chromish silver of the h2 R.

Need to get it ceramic or 3m filmed

I've never used either, is it worth it? Seems like half the internet loves it while the other half calls it snake oil.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I've never used either, is it worth it? Seems like half the internet loves it while the other half calls it snake oil.

is that like rust proof under coating for cars?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Thank you sir.

And since its the front and the rear left turn signal that doesnt work, its not a groundwire near the turn signals - so where should I start looking?

that 12V tester in the pic is what I use to chase down shorts (probably $10 at a NAPA). I start from the bulb socket and work my way back at any connections till I reach the fuse box. I also look at any places where wiring is fastened to the frame to look for broken insulation. you can stab that tester thru the insulation to hit the wires and test. I reseal any holes I have to make with (liquid black tape aka liquid neoprene. I would also be looking for corrosion in the light sockets. turn signals tend to leak and take on water in older bikes.

Youtube has to have videos on using a 12v tester to chase shorts.

liquid-electrical-tape-thread-locker-blackImageMain-515.jpg

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
turn signal problems can also be the switch.

edit- chasing down electrical problems are a chore and can take a while, starting at one end and working back toward the fusebox / battery is advised instead of willy nilly looking all over.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I already got a tester (ive used for car batteries, etc.) so I'll probably try to chase down that short tomorrow

thanks for the advice

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I already got a tester (ive used for car batteries, etc.) so I'll probably try to chase down that short tomorrow

thanks for the advice

Biggest advice is check / double check as you move along the circuit. Folks who arent methodical and paitient pull their hair out doing electrical diags

Also websearch for the wiring diagram can help a ton.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
is that like rust proof under coating for cars?
No, it's a surface coat that is supposed to protect and also makes water cascade off. Dust etc will still get on surface but it's supposed to basically just rinse off rather than need a thorough brushing.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Before you start stabbing your wires and pull on stuff trying to trace cables, check your bulbs and clean your connections. Unless they've been stabbed or pinched, wires rarely go bad but bulbs and connections do go bad regularly.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Place I'm moving into has a garage but its super narrow and long. So I ordered a set of these Dynamoto stands, hope they work as well as the video shows. 30 day guarantee so can send them back if need to.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
why didnt they just put heavy duty caster wheels on it?