Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Caliane

just killing them all is def the easiest. (short of the trade bs) all the reddit posts with "I took over the world" is doing that. kill them, and you don't have to deal with the respawn constantly shit. you don't have to deal with vassals. You personally end up with all the fiefs.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm thinking I'll restart on the next patch. I have 20some mods I want to try out. I know TW has been focused on crashes but it is interesting how quickly the community can recognize and fix basic shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
just killing them all is def the easiest. (short of the trade bs) all the reddit posts with "I took over the world" is doing that. kill them, and you don't have to deal with the respawn constantly shit. you don't have to deal with vassals. You personally end up with all the fiefs.
One thing I liked about Warband is that as you took over the world you could bring peace to the inner areas of your kingdom by letting your lords patrol them without having a marshal ruck them up every week. This let villages stay healthy and brigand free, increasing the prosperity of the region while you continued to increase its borders through warfare.

Bannerlord doesn't quite have that yet. There's some association between the prevalence of looters/brigands and the health of towns/villages but without real patrols and lords staying in their areas it's hard to see what peace looks like. In my current playthrough of supporting the Khuzait the areas deep in our home turf are enemy free but looter / steppe bandit rich.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking I'll restart on the next patch. I have 20some mods I want to try out. I know TW has been focused on crashes but it is interesting how quickly the community can recognize and fix basic shit.
I'm hoping we get the next patch in the next couple days that changes a lot of campaign stuff. Could be delayed though, unintended consequences of tweaking that stuff have to be common. Frankly I think they should let raw changes go out and let the spear hit where it may.

Caliane

One thing I liked about Warband is that as you took over the world you could bring peace to the inner areas of your kingdom by letting your lords patrol them without having a marshal ruck them up every week. This let villages stay healthy and brigand free, increasing the prosperity of the region while you continued to increase its borders through warfare.

Bannerlord doesn't quite have that yet. There's some association between the prevalence of looters/brigands and the health of towns/villages but without real patrols and lords staying in their areas it's hard to see what peace looks like. In my current playthrough of supporting the Khuzait the areas deep in our home turf are enemy free but looter / steppe bandit rich.
indeed. and this should be the big penalty of just murdering everyone. no one is left to patrol, stop uprisings, rebellions etc. if you kill everyone, your 8 man kingdom can't possibly control/protect the world.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
indeed. and this should be the big penalty of just murdering everyone. no one is left to patrol, stop uprisings, rebellions etc. if you kill everyone, your 8 man kingdom can't possibly control/protect the world.

Tuco Tuco Not sure if you have seen this mod, but it allows you, among other things, to keep your companions from being recruited in armies and to command them to patrol villages.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I also bet that another consequence that might be implemented later is that you kill the head of a family because he's annoying and you just don't know how his heir is going to be. Would be really interesting if you could have some control over that by making an informal alliance with a third in line successor and kill the head + the top two successors.

The clan system kind of reduces the resolution of the politics to the clan, but there are splinters in that of course. It'd be an interesting gameplay loop for a ruler to take a powerful but annoying clan and form it into a more loyal one by "adjusting" its internal power structure.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco Tuco Not sure if you have seen this mod, but it allows you, among other things, to keep your companions from being recruited in armies and to command them to patrol villages.
Yeah I saw that.

I'm kind of thinking of using something like that but only giving my children the ability to control parties, or otherwise limiting myself to the number of companion parties I have to the # of companions I should actually have (5 or 6?)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Since none of these mods are in the workshop, are you all using any sort of mod manager? Twitch doesn't seem to support Bannerlord.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Since none of these mods are in the workshop, are you all using any sort of mod manager? Twitch doesn't seem to support Bannerlord.
I'm not. Nexus has their bullshit vortex or whatever manager but I've never used it. I just manually control what's in my modules folder and select stuff in the bannerlord launcher.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Just gave Vortex a try installing about 25 mods I am interested in. I had to disable one that was broken and a few others that I am interested in don't offer management through Vortex. Going to restart at this progress:

2.png
1.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just gave Vortex a try installing about 25 mods I am interested in. I had to disable one that was broken and a few others that I am interested in don't offer management through Vortex. Going to restart at this progress:

View attachment 264871View attachment 264870
Man you're rolling 400 deep? My max party size is just over 200. Is there a breakdown in Bannerlord for party size bonuses like this is in warband?

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Man you're rolling 400 deep? My max party size is just over 200. Is there a breakdown in Bannerlord for party size bonuses like this is in warband?

I was running the Tweaks mod to fix the fief food issue and it gives you a troop bonus. I did have pretty high leadership though. I think I was at about 280 without the bonus.

I found another one that supposedly fixes the food issue so I have tweaks disabled. It has some errors in skillups anyway.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yeah I haven't rolled with armies much, so my leadership skill is trash (75?). I'll have to roll deep with allies when I start playing again.

Caliane

Stewardship is +max party size in Bannerlord.
I do have like 7 int, and 255 or so Steward atm.
party size can get pretty huge even with bannerlord tweaks. I don't enable those options, they are too much imho.
but my stewardship does only account for that 64 as quartermaster. you can set your husband/wife as a noble who will have high stewardship to quartermaster, and get the same results.
there are a bunch of +party size perks in various trees. I do not think any of them currently work.
party-size.jpg

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The community patch mod claims to fix some of the perks. The only one I have confirmed is the longbow on horseback perk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The community patch mod claims to fix some of the perks. The only one I have confirmed is the longbow on horseback perk.
nice, I didn't know.

Current Fixes
  • Perks
    • Athletics
      • Extra Arrows
      • Extra Throwing Weapon
      • Peak Form
    • Leadership
      • Disciplinarian Fixed in e1.0.6
    • Scouting
      • Healthy Scout
    • Riding
      • Bow Expert
      • Conroi
      • Crossbow Expert
      • Filled To Brim
      • Spare Arrows
      • Spare Throwing Weapon
      • Squires
    • Bow
      • Battle Equipped
      • Large Quiver
      • Mounted Archer
    • Crossbow
      • Crossbow Cavalry
    • Throwing
      • Battle Ready
      • Fully Armed
    • Steward
      • Agrarian
      • Assessor
      • Bannerlord
      • Enhanced Mines
      • Food Rationing
      • Logistics Expert
      • Man-At-Arms
      • Nourish Settlement
      • Prominence
      • Prosperous Reign
      • Reconstruction
      • Reeve
      • Ruler
      • Supreme Authority
      • Swords As Tribute
      • Tax Collector
      • Warmonger
      • War Rations

I wonder what perks are broken even with this patch...