Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord teases its gorgeous Calradian Empire in new screens | PC Gamer

4vb8GmdQ8oV79tgPVju4gF.jpg

qQUWZcWJBEJb2Mm5QYitiF.jpg

unrelated: I started playing Perisno:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,341.0.html

recently and am really liking it even if it's basically the same as all the other good mods.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's looking good! I just wish they published news more often than once every 4 months.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
did they ever expand from the 2 people that made the original game or whatever? excited for this, M&B is awesome

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This is a day one purchase for me and I almost never do day one purchases. I feel that they have earned it with the play time I have gotten out of Warband. In fact, I'm currently balls deep in a game using the PoP mod. So engrossing.

One of my big hopes for this is that they make some substantial improvements in the UI. Way too cumbersome to do some stuff.

Would love to play this in PS4/Couch mode but mod community is just too good to not take advantage of it.

PS - TaleWorlds lurkers, PM me beta keys. I should have a PhD in M&B with the time I have put into it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm about to finally finish this game of PoP. I took it really slowly, partially because it took forever for war to break out and the only reason it did was that I finally started one. The king initially kept giving me all the fiefs I requested so by the time he denied me one, my faction was too powerful to rebel against; all of my friends had plenty of fiefs and were happy to come beat my ass for being rebel scum.

Up to about 3500 renown now and I'm tearing shit up as the Marshal, doing quick mode on all of the fights.

Cool mod but I didn't really understand knighthood orders and some other stuff until late in the game. If I play again, I'll probably try going King early.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Kind of disappointed no one is posting anything on this from E3...

Extended mixed unit battle

Looks like combat has been mostly untouched - not sure I can tell if the AI has been improved or not though.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think most people are super excited for this game, but with no (even tentative) release schedule, the hype train has long since departed. I can't wait for this game, but people don't want another gameplay video, they want to know when they can play it.

• 1Solidarity

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, that is basically where I am. I love the franchise. It's the only game in years that I have said will be a day one purchase but I am starting to wonder if they are polishing a turd at this point.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, that is basically where I am. I love the franchise. It's the only game in years that I have said will be a day one purchase but I am starting to wonder if they are polishing a turd at this point.

A grindy buggy turd that we all will still dump 100's of hours into!

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
True dat. I would be happy with:

1) Improved graphics.
2) A few new mechanisms.
3) An interface that doesn't make me want to kill kittens.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
New video from Gamescon on a multiplayer mode: 5v5 "Captain" mode where each player seems to control a small detachment of customizeable troops.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Started playing this over the weekend:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,333.0.html

gsanders is actively working on it when he's not busy sperging out on forums, so I don't know if I can recommend people jump into it now. But it's pretty fun. It is a high fantasy mod and throws in a bunch of OP magic/cleric/paladin stuff, and a bunch of relatively easy to get magic items.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Well fuck you. I got excited for a second when I saw a new post in this thread.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This might be something to keep an eye on until we get more Bannerlord news, it looks like M&B (almost exactly) but with guns instead of mounts or blades.

Freeman: Guerilla Warfare
Looks cool, but I wonder if I won't get quickly bored of a run & gun combat like I've played so many times before. M&B is basically the only game I've played with satisfying mounted combat.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Started playing this over the weekend:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,333.0.html

gsanders is actively working on it when he's not busy sperging out on forums, so I don't know if I can recommend people jump into it now. But it's pretty fun. It is a high fantasy mod and throws in a bunch of OP magic/cleric/paladin stuff, and a bunch of relatively easy to get magic items.

Link just goes to the forum. Is it a mod? What is it called?