Moviepass: pay $10/mo, see one movie a day in theaters

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If it works for Alamo there's one like 5 blocks from me, I might not even have to leave :p This is mighty tempting if it works, but I don't think buying tickets is why I haven't been going to the movies much either

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bah, crapped out on me again. Wonder if it works for Cobb (that's the close one for me - got plenty other ones relatively close though)

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
on the other hand scumbags like me are going to fuck them over hard buying a ticket every day just for the reward points, so either they will put in steps to curtail that kinda shady shit or this company will burn through that $27m and go out of business in a few weeks

They also may be relying on the General User base who sees a movie once every one or two months to support Whales who powergame theater tickets.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Got through but when I submit payment on the start page it seems to process but then button turns back to Start.

I probably signed up like 12 times, oops
Same here. When I finally got back in it asked me to log in and there was a button to press if I got my card in the mail. So, hopefully everything went through. I've got a brand new Cinemark theater with reserved seating and fancy reclining seats about 2 miles from me, hopefully it works there. It is almost $20 a ticket for the XD theater they use for opening nights. Even just one of those every other month is saving me the cost of the card. I can't get the page that would tell me where it works to load, but for $10 (and a free first month) I can risk it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Same here. When I finally got back in it asked me to log in and there was a button to press if I got my card in the mail. So, hopefully everything went through. I've got a brand new Cinemark theater with reserved seating and fancy reclining seats about 2 miles from me, hopefully it works there. It is almost $20 a ticket for the XD theater they use for opening nights. Even just one of those every other month is saving me the cost of the card. I can't get the page that would tell me where it works to load, but for $10 (and a free first month) I can risk it.

I did get a confirmation email even though it never moved past that screen, so keep an eye out.

Vaclav

www.moviepass.com/register/map?zip=XXXX

replace XXX with your zipcode to see the list, but as keg said its pretty much any chain theater - AMC, Regal, etc are all covered. Even the local premium Galaxy theaters is covered in my area, and thats a tiny nationwide chain.

Is this actually working for anyone? I got through and got one of our subs going but this still doesn't work to bring up a map of locations - nor does the in app one.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, thanks for the heads up. I checked my spam and there it was!

Did you get the app to work? It won't accept my login / pw toothache I signed up with and the password rest page is hosed.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
[QUOTE="spronk, post: 2151354, member: 90"
There are some decent movies I'd watch a few times a week this fall

Tyler Perrys Boo 2: A Madea Halloween[/QUOTE]

katt-williams.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Did you get the app to work? It won't accept my login / pw toothache I signed up with and the password rest page is hosed.

I was able to login with the PW/Email I set - I didn't use the Facebook link if you used that one and it's FUBAR - the app is basically empty space inside from what I can see currently though.

Vaclav

[QUOTE="spronk, post: 2151354, member: 90"
There are some decent movies I'd watch a few times a week this fall

Tyler Perrys Boo 2: A Madea Halloween

katt-williams.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I might MST3K it if it's free... free is free, baby and a smart enough person can make their own fun with almost any material

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was able to login with the PW/Email I set - I didn't use the Facebook link if you used that one and it's FUBAR - the app is basically empty space inside from what I can see currently though.

Ah, I didn't go to Facebook link. I'll try again in a couple days, maybe when I get my card.

spronk

FPS noob
nothing wrong with a wholesome judeo-christian family movie like Tyler Perry's Madea Halloween

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
TBH I'm a cheap fucker, having a movie pass for $10 / mo means I'll probably buy a popcorn and Dr. Pepper. As it is now my money goes for dinner before and we sneak in a bottle of water or something in the purse.

Goatface

Is moviepass paying a discounted price?
didn't seem like it
could totally see companies locking them out of reward programs
which would cost them money
did a quick look at Regal's rewards, looks like could get 3 free tickets or couple t-shirts fairly easy each month