Mr. Robot

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Really enjoying it, and it's better than I thought it was going to be.

I am wary that the discussion has to be what is and isn't imaginary. Gonna be a tough line to toe without taking the easy way out or making it distracting or matter too much, because having to constantly wonder what is and isn't real and if we're being tricked as viewers is tiring. Hopefully it stays sort of like an external representation of what he's thinking/feeling inside, which seems to be working well right now, and they never rely on the 'he's just crazy' trope.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The VB GUI reference and the on point terminology were exactly what I used to sell this to my friends when the pilot was put on the net.
That is how my friend sold it to me. Also someone told me that the main character reminded them of me...whatever, maybe like 5 or 10 years ago.

it's the plot of fight club, mixed with the "hacker" coolness of the Matrix, insulated with trendy designer brands.

It's narcissistic, I think. And yet I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
In regards to the teaser for the next episode

looks like elliot is recovering in the hospital for a bit of it, but mr. robot is now showing up at his work. Still calling it that Slater is imaginary.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Great show! Watched both episodes twice, so much to pick up on.

Second episode started and I was having major Kubrick flashbacks.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah definitely getting the Fight Club vibe even more strongly. That said, they're also developing some other plot lines, still great TV.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Once you hear fight club you start waiting for other people to react to Christian Slater. Yeah... pretty obvious now after the work and bar scenes.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Diet Patrick Bateman versus Anonymous Tyler Durden
Better than everything else I'm watching this season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They went full on "fight club" this episode. Between only Eliot reacting to "Mr. Robot", and the flat out street fight sequence, there's definitely some Tyler Durdan shit going on here.

UNLESS They made the fight sequence just so that people would connect the movie and show together so they could "haha, fooled you!" pull a new conclusion or something.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
That one dude had poopoo on his peepe it was gross and I almost gave a shit.

Tiwari the end of the episode his boss was looking over an email with file names what was the significance of the highlighted file was that the file he didn't delete? Who is blackmailing the boyfriend?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The rapper guy that gave him the CD is working with the cyber Yakuza or whatever.

Aside from that, no idea. What was the importance of the 1% of the 1% they mentioned at the start of the first episode? When Eliot walked into the Evil Corp boardroom with all the lawyers, I couldn't help but think of the upper 1%, but that wasn't the case.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Tiwari the end of the episode his boss was looking over an email with file names what was the significance of the highlighted file was that the file he didn't delete?
Elliot edited the access file to show that the CTO had accessed that server, I think that he was looking at that particular line in that particular access log file. Unless I am mistaken.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Boss at the end is reconsidering just how strongly Eliot hates Evil corp now that he knows they killed his dad. He was suspicious before, but only barely looked into it to cover his ass. Now he's on the hunt.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I agree that they're being massively blatant about the Fight Club angle. I desperately hope that is a red herring. Because if they think that is the "clever twist" i will lose the amount of respect that the reasonably accurate hacking and technical details ahve given this in my eyes.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe it isn't really a twist. The whole background of this guy is that he is seeing shit. The reveal would be more of the character figuring it out, not the audience.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still no idea where this is going. Was almost too much shit this episode to be honest, but it almost seemed like they were trying to troll us a bit with the Fight Club theory. Make it look like people were almost reacting to Christian Slater.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still no idea where this is going. Was almost too much shit this episode to be honest, but it almost seemed like they were trying to troll us a bit with the Fight Club theory. Make it look like people were almost reacting to Christian Slater.
He was acknowledged during Eliot's hallucinations(guy outside drug dealers house). I love this show, fucking love it but I don't know what you mean by "too much shit". We had maybe 12 seconds of plot.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
His being acknowledged was just part of the hallucination. Same as when he told the guys to leave the hotel. He's right up Elliot's ass both times.