Mr. Robot

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
NbmQbwr.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Black Ninja has some baller taste, he is totally right that Frasier should not have been getting that much tail and Knight Rider is criminally under appreciated.

I was really hoping the two would get through ok, that was a bummer. Muslim chick said she had a program that will email stuff out if she doesn't stop it every day, I wonder if thats gonna come back to bite dark army or if they cleaned that up too. Whiterose is freaking awesome, and I'm pretty sure time travel is still a thing that he is working on - now he can just move his linear accelerator to Congo and not have to deal with interference from pesky Americans. Which pretty much means its not gonna be resolved this season, probably the final episode of the final season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed it, it was definitely a slow episode but the cinematography and the emotional beats I thought were just fantastic. I also love all the little background moments that show the world deterioration, like the internment camps they walked past or the curfews and soldiers and of course the piles of trash everywhere. Felt like the old Elliot who enjoys wielding his cyber powers to get what he wants is slowly coming back too. Rami Malek is just killing it as an actor, can't wait to see his version of Freddy Mercury next year.

All the back to the future stuff has to be a fakeout at this point, its hard to believe Whiterose's plan is still time travel with just SO much BttF shown so explicitly.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed it, it was definitely a slow episode but the cinematography and the emotional beats I thought were just fantastic. I also love all the little background moments that show the world deterioration, like the internment camps they walked past or the curfews and soldiers and of course the piles of trash everywhere. Felt like the old Elliot who enjoys wielding his cyber powers to get what he wants is slowly coming back too. Rami Malek is just killing it as an actor, can't wait to see his version of Freddy Mercury next year.

All the back to the future stuff has to be a fakeout at this point, its hard to believe Whiterose's plan is still time travel with just SO much BttF shown so explicitly.

Yeah lol, "holy my flux capacitor so I can clean my glasses."

Slow and weird episode.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Seems like they just wanted to slow the pace down a bit and reflect on what has happened. The season has been tearing it the fuck up, so it's not so bad to reflect.

Not sure how I feel about this whole "undo the hack" thing. What would that even mean at this point? And towards what end? I'd rather see "Elliot finds a way to take on the Dark Army" than "Elliot reconstitutes a corporation that embodies literal evil." But whatever, I'm on board I guess.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seems like they just wanted to slow the pace down a bit and reflect on what has happened. The season has been tearing it the fuck up, so it's not so bad to reflect.

Not sure how I feel about this whole "undo the hack" thing. What would that even mean at this point? And towards what end? I'd rather see "Elliot finds a way to take on the Dark Army" than "Elliot reconstitutes a corporation that embodies literal evil." But whatever, I'm on board I guess.

I'm sure that's going to be the end game, but this at least accomplishes throwing a huge monkey wrench into White Rose's plans

spronk

FPS noob
Thats the one thing I hope the creator has thought a lot about and has a good explanation - why Whiterose / the dark army left alive Elliot, his sister, blonde chick, swedish guy, and the gorgeous red headed FBI agent. They are pretty good about cleaning up all loose ends so its kind of weird that they don't tie off these people who know about him and could maybe foil his plans. I could think up a few reasons why some of them are alive but not really all of them.

Actually I just can't wait for the episode where Whiterose flashes back to how he put together the dark army and convinced all these people to follow him unquestioning. Like Bobby Cannavale's character is great, but he only briefly explains why he follows Whiterose so obediently when he talked to Angela about "did he show you... do you believe..." and its all very mysterious and spooky. Hopefully good, "we got this shit" spooky and not Lost "fuck it we'll figure it out in 3 years" spooky.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I have faith esmail knows what he's doing. Not sure why especially after nonsense like the 80s sitcom episode but s3 has been a solid bounce back.

Ladro

Anomaly
The Alf episode was an amazing head trip, so good. Not sure how anyone could hate that given the contex but to each their own. I thought this episode was pretty good, especially and yet again for the cinematography and pop culture references. I swear though, I thought the kid was in his imagination or some morphine fueled hallucination.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Binged all the episodes this weekend, show is so trippy. I knew the first few shows he had to be seeing things. It's just feels like its becoming too much of a mind fuck as it goes on though. Constant battle between him and mr robot, where me I was just in it for the hacker shit not the internal batshit crazy stuff.

And man that angela girl has come a long way. And how do these hackers not recognize whiterose as some important asian diplomat? Feel like in real life he would be recognized so fast, but then again soon as you said something youd be dead.

What company does E corpse represent IRL?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Binged all the episodes this weekend, show is so trippy. I knew the first few shows he had to be seeing things. It's just feels like its becoming too much of a mind fuck as it goes on though. Constant battle between him and mr robot, where me I was just in it for the hacker shit not the internal batshit crazy stuff.

And man that angela girl has come a long way. And how do these hackers not recognize whiterose as some important asian diplomat? Feel like in real life he would be recognized so fast, but then again soon as you said something youd be dead.

What company does E corpse represent IRL?

Yeah that is the one that bothers me. Whiterose is literally the Chinese Minister of Security (which I imagine to being like the CIA director or something similar) and nobody suspects him of jack shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How would Elliott or Angela knowing Whiterose's true identity change have any effect on anything?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How would Elliott or Angela knowing Whiterose's true identity change have any effect on anything?

Pretty sure the FBI would be rather interested to know that Whiterose that they're looking for is a public figure and Minister of the Chinese government who orchestrated the murder of a dozen FBI agents in China in broad daylight.

On top of engineering the financial crisis for China's gain. It would likely get the FBI off their tail and onto his. Just a thought.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

You serious? I think it would be a big deal if a major public figure was involved with some cyber warfare, crippling the entire world economically, and responsible for calling the shots for death squads.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like the situation would be that whiterose wouldnt have come to power so easily and thus not an issue. And another thing, if they're some all powerful hacker army why do they continue to rely on elliot/mr robot to do all their work. i know they're covering their end in china but their ever reaching power cant preform tasks in USA and have to rely on protecting elliot?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You serious? I think it would be a big deal if a major public figure was involved with some cyber warfare, crippling the entire world economically, and responsible for calling the shots for death squads.

That makes no sense. Who would believe Elliott and Angela in the first place, both are batshit crazy. Plus, to do that they'd be implicating themselves in domestic terrorism as well. As far as the world is concerned it was all Fsociety and The Dark Army had nothing to do with it.

On top of all that, they have China and the FBI working together to cover everything up.

Not to mention they've seen Whiterose once for a total of 2 minutes in full drag. I couldnt tell you what the Chinese Minister of State Security looks like, and definitely wouldn't be able to put together that it was a drag queen I saw in a dark room for a couple minutes.