Mr. Robot

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I really liked the ending. I liked how they resolved the whole FBI thing, and I liked how we see Elliot reconciling his halves and realizing what a mistake 5/9 was and who it really hurt, but also reaffirming his mission. Next season should be pretty kickass.

Only thing I didn't get was at the end when Macklemore shows up, like wtf. I forgot about that guy completely. I love the idea of Elliot creating his own dark army.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This season was sick. Completely redeemed last season - though now last season makes much more sense and I should rewatch it given what we now know.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This season was sick. Completely redeemed last season - though now last season makes much more sense and I should rewatch it given what we now know.

This was pretty much my train of thought when discussing this season with coworkers. Basically said season 2 almost lost me, but this season made up for it. I then realized after thinking about everything that happened in season 2 and now understanding more of it, it wasn't that bad after all.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I have a pal that looks similar to this dude. Posted cuz ot weirds me out

29354711_1744004642304617_6496281928864407879_o.jpg

• 1Dislike

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
he posted a vid. reminded me of show again.

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Makes sense to end soon though. The story feels that it's about run its course.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Fuck they havent even started filming? Figured this would be starting in oct or nov.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season 3 was really good, especially compared to season 2. Hopefully they keep it up and finish strong.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'm a fanboy, but I feel like the showrunners will do it justice putting it down.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Came across this - “Typically how [British shows] wrap up series, like the British ‘Office,’ you tend to do a Christmas special. So the final season of ‘Mr. Robot’ is one very long Christmas special that will last about a week over Christmas of 2015.”

Need this show back in my life.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love Mr Robot. There's just one problem. It feels like the entirety of the main characters are just caught in the web of Whiterose and Philip Price, and the main characters have utterly no power over the outcome of the show. We're just witnessing Elliot and co. play their roles as pieces in a game.

Ya know, he looks a little like Freddie Mercury.

Yeah. Maybe they should make a movie with him as Freddie Mercury...

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I love Mr Robot. There's just one problem. It feels like the entirety of the main characters are just caught in the web of Whiterose and Philip Price, and the main characters have utterly no power over the outcome of the show. We're just witnessing Elliot and co. play their roles as pieces in a game.

Yeah. Maybe they should make a movie with him as Freddie Mercury...
I think it's meant to look like that at this point. White Rose and Price and Evil Corp etc, they're the enemy, and they're meant to look unfathomably powerful at this point. Elliot's first go at taking them out with 5/9 actually just played into their hands and made them more powerful. But, it also removed the mask and revealed them. So now Elliot has another angle. I don't even have a clue where they are going with this season, but I can't imagine any ending that doesn't bring the antagonists low.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Really? I can totally see this ending with the antagonists winning.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I don't think so. I think that kind of an ending would be incredibly cynical, and Esmail doesn't strike me as that type. He's been building towards Elliot's redemption and ultimate vengeance. If it does, it could still be good, if done well, but it doesn't feel right for what the show is to me.

I planned on rewatching the show before the new season but then wow classic happened and everything's fucked now so who knows.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No discussion yet? Bold move to go where they went in the first 5 minutes

End scene meme:
mrrobot_samurai.jpg