MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They actually drafted from actual boosters, then they played the games on Arena. PV is unreal, dude just wins so much.
It was fun to watch the games on twitch with high quality. I wish they will do more mouseover of the card text, or a last card played.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deck matching still sucks in arena. Build a green stompy decks and because I put four questing beast in it non stop planes walker decks it puts me against. Which is ok but for fact that those decks also are full of wraths as well. Then I throw together a white decks with four hush bringers just to grind a daily mission and the damn thing is unstoppable. Both decks are probably close in power but green has a 20% win rate while white has 85% win rate.

Arena needs to just stop with the rigged match making!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Deck matching still sucks in arena. Build a green stompy decks and because I put four questing beast in it non stop planes walker decks it puts me against. Which is ok but for fact that those decks also are full of wraths as well. Then I throw together a white decks with four hush bringers just to grind a daily mission and the damn thing is unstoppable. Both decks are probably close in power but green has a 20% win rate while white has 85% win rate.

Arena needs to just stop with the rigged match making!

Its one of the major reasons I stopped playing it. Players who play FNM were not separated based on what deck type they brought to the game. Its just another form of control that takes away from the freedom of play, that revolves around the money making algorithm they have in place.

It also helped that a much better game came out...

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
This nyx lands look amazing.

1582299773810.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Just play ranked like normal people and that shit never comes up.

Just played six games of ranked, 4 out of 6 games were faggots playing blue white control. Counter counter counter, occasionally play a creature. Yay, awesome.

Great fucking fun.

This game is just annoying, think it's time to uninstall. I don't have the patience for this shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just played six games of ranked, 4 out of 6 games were faggots playing blue white control. Counter counter counter, occasionally play a creature. Yay, awesome.

Great fucking fun.

This game is just annoying, think it's time to uninstall. I don't have the patience for this shit.

Lendarios Lendarios Observe, "arena bullshit" in the wild!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Great fucking fun.

I'm done because I'm just tired of random mana issues. It is refreshing as hell to play Runeterra and have the mana I need to play the game every single time I start up a game. The RnG of this game is just as bad as Hearthstone, just in different ways. That's not skill. That's not good deck building. That's just annoying shit.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Take the randomness out of the game and average players will almost never beat good players. They tried to do it with Versus and that didn't work long term because you need small fish playing too.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande

Great fucking fun.

Yeah that's MTG. Autistic faggots slowly playing control decks.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty

Chris

Potato del Grande
Except when agro is strong, then it's autistic faggots quickly playing control decks.
Then they need to play even slower to get a draw, unless they are winning game 3, then they suddenly speed up.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure I like the switch to Mythic Point challenge instead of the old system. Might just be salty because I scrubbed it up and went 4-3.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Tabletop involves a lot of skills which Arena doesn't.

Can't read body language on arena, can't bluff on arena, can't try to make the opponent make stacking errors, can't call a judge to make the opponent tense, can't try to rules-lawyer your way to a win, ..

These are all essential skills which any pro tabletop player has mastered.

Live events are also much more interesting for viewers to watch, compared to a string of Arena games.

Looking at poker, this whole "lets take MTG online" thing has limited potential. Participants and viewers both want big events to be live.

Sterling

El Presidente
Still literally have no idea what to play in the MCQ. Every standard deck seems fine, but they all have bad matchups so nothing stands out. Trying to go 10-1 with any of them just feels bad.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Interest in this thread has really died it seems like. I barely turn it on and play a handful of games anymore about once a week. It seems blah.