MTG: Arena

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If your attacker has Trample, it will deal full damage if the opponent sacrifices their blockers, if that's any consolation

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing around with my decks size recently making a lot of 72 card decks and from what I've seen this game is totally rigged! And I mean more rigged then even I had thought. As I said 72 card decks are what I've been making but these deck only have 26 land so there land ratio is lower then a standard 60/24 deck. But game seems to always want me to have three land in my initial draw and it happen 80% of time with 72/26 deck versus about 30% with 60/24 deck. That leads me to believe that arena has separate draw categories for land and nonland cards. It seem like 26 land triggers you to have 3 land opening hand regardless of your decks size.

The other thing is effect of having 72 cards has on opponents draws, in that they never draw perfect opening hands. Unlike if you're playing 60 card deck where they will have one seemly 50% of time. That even when opponent is playing 60 cards you simply playing 72 a card deck seems to alter opponents luck immensely.

So far I've only really tested 72/26 deck so other deck size may produce different results. But if you want a slower game try 72/26 decks, it wont work all of time but it will work most of time.

So I tried this last week. Except I went with 75/27 ratio Cards to lands. I have yet to see a 1 or zero land hand off the start. With 3 or 4 being the average 90% of the time and 2 lands the rest. On the few times I had a 2 land opening hand and choose to mull, I always got at least 3 on the mull hand. So until this changes I am making all my decks 75/27 now.

Thanks for the advice.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Mtg must be really healthy with not one comment about anyone having fun with the new set in here

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Mtg must be really healthy with not one comment about anyone having fun with the new set in here
The new set is pretty awesome for limited. And human drafts is awesome. Companions are really stupid though. Not just uninteresting, but I think that they're actively bad for constructed magic.

• 1Solidarity

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's cause it's same shit different expansion. Haven't played a non-blue themed deck in 30+ ranked games now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
My primary computer went down Wed so I haven't been able to play. Considering they gave BG and Fires decks lots of new tools, I'd say it will take a few weeks to see significant changes.

Edit- on another note, I can still play both Hearthstone and Runeterra. Poorly designed effort considering the player base they supposedly were reaching out to.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played since War of the Spark because that faerie set was so fucking gay.

This set is awesome for drafts but I might be biased because KTK was probably my second favorite draft format, right behind Invasion block.

Sterling

El Presidente
I haven't played since War of the Spark because that faerie set was so fucking gay.

This set is awesome for drafts but I might be biased because KTK was probably my second favorite draft format, right behind Invasion block.
triple invasion was better and had some nice 5c green based decks and the U/B cantrip/probe deck although apocalypse was decent. Planeshift was pretty bad,

Khans was awesome as a 3x format as well. My favorite card to open was Trail of Mystery even if it wasn't as good as like Wingmate Roc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Khans was awesome as a 3x format as well. My favorite card to open was Trail of Mystery even if it wasn't as good as like Wingmate Roc.
I don't think I ever passed a Villainous Wealth. Many BUGx durdles.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I got sick of the matchmaking system matching me nearly exclusively to mirror matches or the rock to my scissors.

also not interested in the new mutation mechanic.

taking a break until the next set

honestly, not having daily frustrations has done wonders for my attitude

• 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Wow I'm actually having a really fun time with brawl, Kinnan is fucking fun and bonkers.

Rime

<Donor>
Wow I'm actually having a really fun time with brawl, Kinnan is fucking fun and bonkers.

U/G is super aids due to Agent of Treachery crap. If not for that card, the meta would be significantly more fun in my opinion. Not nearly as bad as Elk-shit, but still really anti-fun.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I got sick of the matchmaking system matching me nearly exclusively to mirror matches or the rock to my scissors.

I understand your frustration, but this statement can't objectively be what is happening across the board.

Sterling

El Presidente
I understand your frustration, but this statement can't objectively be what is happening across the board.
Yeah, it's zero sum. It's like when people complain about going 2nd 70 percent of the time. Which can be true on a small sample, but can't be true longterm.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
U/G is super aids due to Agent of Treachery crap. If not for that card, the meta would be significantly more fun in my opinion. Not nearly as bad as Elk-shit, but still really anti-fun.

I still watch several streamers on YouTube:

there are now so many ways to cheese Agent onto the the battlefield and blink it to get the effect twice per turn, the card should prob be banned

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
And yet very few competitive decks even play agent now. The ramp decks largely all shifted to Gyruda instead.