MTG thread

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you guys sure are taking this "I'm going to pretend that they aren't going to cover this floor in an inch of epoxy." rather far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"Per MVP's direct sales site today:

*8/20 Update: Pok sold out of Ablaze boosters, 4+weeks for reprint? Also, MTG ZNR Collector's appearing TRIPLE printed i.e. WOTC expecting huge demand."

This would lend credence to the idea that they'll have fetchlands in them. Not a guarantee, but... /shrug

Vinen

God is dead
"Per MVP's direct sales site today:

*8/20 Update: Pok sold out of Ablaze boosters, 4+weeks for reprint? Also, MTG ZNR Collector's appearing TRIPLE printed i.e. WOTC expecting huge demand."

This would lend credence to the idea that they'll have fetchlands in them. Not a guarantee, but... /shrug

Triple Printed. FETCHLANDS BOIZ
I'll do my normal sealed case for keeping + 2 spare boxes for opening

Also the question is what triple printed means. There has been considerable variation in print runs across the collectors boxes so far.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Because I know when I think "collector" I think "people who want print runs tripled in size."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4c4rb7.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In a standard set? didn't they say they'd never do that?
Not in a standard set, in a special slot in collector's boosters. Just like masterpieces didn't affect their reprints legality last zendikar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Triple Printed. FETCHLANDS BOIZ
I'll do my normal sealed case for keeping + 2 spare boxes for opening

Also the question is what triple printed means. There has been considerable variation in print runs across the collectors boxes so far.

Yeah you got me there. All I've heard is M21 Collectors had a 15% or so smaller run. But smaller than what? Who knows. Even so, if MVP is noting this, I'm going to assume it's far above the averages we've seen.

Vinen

God is dead
Yeah you got me there. All I've heard is M21 Collectors had a 15% or so smaller run. But smaller than what? Who knows. Even so, if MVP is noting this, I'm going to assume it's far above the averages we've seen.

I love me some M21. Favorite set outside of Ikoria that has collectors.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I actually like that they're giving a choice between foil or unfoil. Of course, liking that is contingent on how shit they are at making foils now, which is itself a negative thing.

Vinen

God is dead
I actually like that they're giving a choice between foil or unfoil. Of course, liking that is contingent on how shit they are at making foils now, which is itself a negative thing.

The foil secret lair are hands down the most garbage cards they have made quality-wise. I've never seen cards curl that fast. It's why I stopped buying Secret Lair.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's why I stopped buying Secret Lair.
Your problem is that you started buying Secret Lair, the most blatant money grab by Wizards (with stiff competition with hundred dollar VIP boosters and the upcoming collector edition with special lands exclusive)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OneofOne

Single presale I've seen (sold out) was $40/$80 for this. And apparently the Sol Ring and Command Tower will be in the other Commander color sets. Looks to be available at the normal MTG retailers.

Gotta say I'm actually very surprised what's included, but confirms that they are going to reprint anything and everything that hits X value, to suck in as much money from the secondary market as possible. That's either awesome or shitty, depending upon where you stand.

commandergreen.PNG

• 1Worf

OneofOne

And once again, Rudy was correct. There's a new type of foiling being introduced in Commander Legends:

Spoilers are coming out for the set. Enemy Battlebond lands are in. Also shit like:
prismatic.PNG

sengir.PNG

kessig.PNG

Not going to link everything, but just an FYI for those interested.

Also:
nomsrp.PNG

Last edited:
  • 1Worf