MTG thread

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Targeting a more "urban" demographic?

Not a single black person in history has ever bought a K-Swiss sneaker.

May as well be the inhouse Costco brand that is 20$ and stacked in pallets when you walk in.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, distributor guy saying that the boxes have a boxtopper-pack that contains one of a set of expedition-style lands, of which Fetches are a sub-set. The draft/set boxes come with one non-foil expedition boxtopper, while Collector Boosters come with ~2 Foil Expeditions per box (12 packs, so about 1in6 packs). Dunno how big the list of expeditions is, but I imagine at least 20-25, so this ain't a meaningful fetch reprint, so prepare for the internet to go berserk.

And enjoy opening Expedition <Whatever $2 land they put on the list>.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Seems like a really obvious and basic dual land design, yet I've never seen anyone bring up this possibility.

It's a great design, why is it not in standard? More powerful than fetch lands and memory issues I guess?

Thanks, I made the comment below in 2015. Maybe WoTC has infiltrated FoH.

they will print expedition basics before these ever gain value, its just to easy of a cashgrab while also popular

i wonder when they will start printing fliplands btw, one basic land on either side, does not enter play tapped, can be fetched

new 80$ modern lands right

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Not in the short term. Even at a quarter each we've really slowed down on sales of them. 5 years from now? They'll probably be a dollar each or something.

Was clear back then they'd keep printing "special" basic lands, so they never really gained much value.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Video is private?

Huh, looks like it got taken down.

tldr: Main face is usually creature/instant/sorcery/etc. and second is usually land, but you can play either side of it (hint text for opposite side on the bottom left of each face). Preview card was face 1: either instant or sorcery, ditch hand to bottom of library, draw that many cards +1; face 2: land enters tapped, tap for red.

Cards in graveyards, hand, etc. are treated as the main face (usually non-land). So if preview card is in GY, could be grabbed by a get instant/sorcery card from graveyard, but not a get land card from graveyard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Great one of the most annoying things every done in paper magic....double faced cards.

1598973586532.png

1598973640397.png

Last edited:

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
New borders (and art) on the fetches is hot. Really really like them.

Also, parties lack Ranger, fuck WOTC! haha

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
2021:
Kaldheim
Strixhaven: School of Mages
MH2 (with enemy fetches?)
DND: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms (standard legal DND themed set)
Innistrad: Werewolves and Vampires (2 different sets? Same quarter release)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Those fetches are box toppers and chance in collectors boosters.

1598975041548.png

Time Spiral remaster will have "shifted cards" with old borders, examples they showed were chalice of the void, relentless rats and path to exile. (I want old school artifact border for chalice)
Modern Horizons 2 will have enemy fetches.

Edit:
1598975662588.png

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Old Border cards=they figured out how to empty my bank account. I am weak.