MTG thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not thrilled that they're going to eat two slots of every Commander Collection with a Sol Ring and a Tower, unless I'm reading that wrong. The library and tutor are nice, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not reading it wrong. Rather surprising as both get reprinted in every.fuckin.commander.deck.ever.

Just looked it up cause I was curious. Command Tower has been printed 12x + Judge foil. Sol ring has been printed 16x + Judge foil + Kaladesh Invention + A/B/U/R.

So obviously, we needed to waste more space on these.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's a common commander for draft. Also why it's a Partner. Only common Leg in the set.
So if you draft a bunch of good mono colour cards in two colours, don't get a multi colour legendary in those colours and don't get a partner legendary in each colour... you can use this piece of shit?

Who actually gives a fuck about the power level of card rarity? Give the card a fucking mechanic.

Why not have it let you choose it's creature type too?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'll be amazed if that "$40/$80" for the green commander collection is what the price actually sits at.

OneofOne

I'll be amazed if that "$40/$80" for the green commander collection is what the price actually sits at.

No joke The more I'm hearing, the more it sounds like the foil sets (at any price) won't exactly be raining from the sky. Guess we'll see.

In other fake news, new land cycle supposedly from the same guy who's got a good track record with leaks:

Land
choose a side when it enters
tap add W
//
tap add U

non fetchable

If true, I really like it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No joke The more I'm hearing, the more it sounds like the foil sets (at any price) won't exactly be raining from the sky. Guess we'll see.

In other fake news, new land cycle supposedly from the same guy who's got a good track record with leaks:

Land
choose a side when it enters
tap add W
//
tap add U

non fetchable

If true, I really like it.
Seems like a really obvious and basic dual land design, yet I've never seen anyone bring up this possibility.

It's a great design, why is it not in standard? More powerful than fetch lands and memory issues I guess?

• 1Double Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It'll be in Standard, that's the ZNR rare land cycle.

The only question is "What is the 6th dual maro mentioned, then." Best guess I've seen so far is Waste//Some kind of five-color land, probably ETB tapped Reflecting Pool.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That has to be a double sided card then I assume? No way in the world are they making a regular card that has a permanent choice like that with no counter/indicator of the choice once it's in play.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Twitter person accidentally posted their spoiler early.
Nahiri2.png

OneofOne

That has to be a double sided card then I assume? No way in the world are they making a regular card that has a permanent choice like that with no counter/indicator of the choice once it's in play.

If real, yes.

Also:
jacemm.PNG

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The "kicker jace who makes a copy" was from the same leaker too a while back, so basically everything he said is probably true. So inc Nissa, Compost Queen.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who on earth is the target demographic for this product?

WhoOnEarth.jpeg

• 1Worf