MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vinen

God is dead
My opening was the last one.

2 Force of Will (1 Foil Box, 1 Normal Foil)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
$30/$40
zendsd.PNG

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
MTG: Arena has been down on and off all day, with thousands of reports by people that all they get is a 'black screen', myself included.

For a 'flagship' product that is printing money during the Covid-19 pandemic, you would think they would try to run a product that was not a dumpster fire.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was obvious this was broken out of the gate. But watching YT videos of what people are doing with it in a few short turns, jesus. Ban inc in 3, 2, 1...

scute.PNG

Haha who are we kidding! But this just goes to show you how unplayable the game would be in paper, with all the triggers to keep track of, and stacks of tokens needed.

Saw a game where it was muted with the Greathorn so you got a 3/4 every clone AND got some more free land pulling. It honestly makes you wonder if their testers are just monkeys in a basement. And that's to say nothing of how Lotus Cobra has sped up the ramp. Shit's just crazy. Maybe I'm just an old fart, but I preferred it when the game was slower. And this from a guy who once won a LGS tournament in part with Channel/Fireball.

migra.PNG

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I decided to sell all my stuff, reserved list included.

MTG has become a scene I want to actively distance myself from.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I shall sit upon my throne of Gaea's Cradles until Timmy himself comes to shove me off.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It was obvious this was broken out of the gate. But watching YT videos of what people are doing with it in a few short turns, jesus. Ban inc in 3, 2, 1...

View attachment 303292

Haha who are we kidding! But this just goes to show you how unplayable the game would be in paper, with all the triggers to keep track of, and stacks of tokens needed.

Saw a game where it was muted with the Greathorn so you got a 3/4 every clone AND got some more free land pulling. It honestly makes you wonder if their testers are just monkeys in a basement. And that's to say nothing of how Lotus Cobra has sped up the ramp. Shit's just crazy. Maybe I'm just an old fart, but I preferred it when the game was slower. And this from a guy who once won a LGS tournament in part with Channel/Fireball.

View attachment 303293

There are a ton of cards that have ban potential in this set depending on how the meta plays out. Wizards doubling down on retardation

Chris

Potato del Grande
There are a ton of cards that have ban potential in this set depending on how the meta plays out. Wizards doubling down on retardation
I know that are breaking things in standard too, but they should have the supported eternal format be limited to decks which were previously standard legal instead of a free for all. At least then the decks were tested at the time.

Like you have to choose a time period when your deck was legal to use it in "Modern".

• 1Dislike

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I know that are breaking things in standard too, but they should have the supported eternal format be limited to decks which were previously standard legal instead of a free for all. At least then the decks were tested at the time.

Like you have to choose a time period when your deck was legal to use it in "Modern".
Do you even play this game? That sounds fucking awful. I mean maybe as a meme variant format but not a real format.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do you even play this game? That sounds fucking awful. I mean maybe as a meme variant format but not a real format.
You can use all your old decks in an eternal format instead of having to upgrade them with shocks/fetches or have them straight up not be competitive? Sounds good to me.

• 1Dislike

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You can use all your old decks in an eternal format instead of having to upgrade them with shocks/fetches or have them straight up not be competitive? Sounds good to me.

Ah yes, lets turn every eternal format into a static one, which only has a few competitive decks.

What a complete shit suggestion.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Because that doesn't describe eternal formats right now?

This top 8 doesn't seem to contain a single deck without relatively new cards, it has 3 hogaak decks, ...

You've obviously never played eternal at any kind of competitive level.

• 1Solidarity