MTG thread

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Standard? Paper? Arena?
Hey sorry. Yes Standard, MTG: Arena. I play mostly on PC.
I am trying the Mono white right now, but could use a good exact list.
I could also use something in red and/or black . Just for when the daily mission is that color.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is what I'm doing currently for white. It's really just a mix of stuff, nothing super organized.
1640125485578.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hey sorry. Yes Standard, MTG: Arena. I play mostly on PC.
I am trying the Mono white right now, but could use a good exact list.
I could also use something in red and/or black . Just for when the daily mission is that color.
Standard Standard or Standard Alchemy on Arena?

If you play Alchemy the clerics deck is a fucking great B/W deck. Okay in regular standard.

Good BW control deck in regular Standard:

Budget versions can replace Lloth with other stuff. You can replace Vanishing Verse with Rite of Oblivion if you don't want to spend rare wildcards on verses.

1640126229266.png

1640126210072.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice thanks I'll check this out. Yeah standard ranked. Not alchemy.
I'm only at Platinum but suddenly everyone seems to be running a white mono deck.
I do have a bunch of wildcards saved so I want a few decks.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I currently have a set of Commander 2018 decks still sealed that I'd like to sell off. Would anyone here be interested in them?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Nice thanks I'll check this out. Yeah standard ranked. Not alchemy.
I'm only at Platinum but suddenly everyone seems to be running a white mono deck.
I do have a bunch of wildcards saved so I want a few decks.
If you get good at drafting you can play any deck you want. :)

1640205809030.png

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Possibly the only company in existence with any relevant experience to ancient C# code from 2002 I guess?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wait, so Daybreak is taking over lifetime support for Magic Online that effectively competes with Arena for the same share of dollars?

Sounds like a very Daybreak thing to do.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like Hasbro was looking to offload a failing product, and found a company who's good at milking a few more dollars from dying games. Match made in heaven.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So... they finally make a SL land bundle where you can get a bunch at a discounted price, but.. it's still $120 for 25 swamps.

I hope to god people stop buying the land from them so they get their heads out of their ass. Not that this has even remotely the same appeal as multiple previous SL lands.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
A look back at how it all started. Definitely worth a watch for anyone that's ever played MTG:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you imagine being one of those players at the first convention. You got so excited about the game that you bought 2 boxes of it just to be able to build that awesome deck.

If only you had set one box aside....

You could have retired on its value. I cannot imagine what an original box of Alpha sealed would be worth. 10 Million?

• 1Rustled

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There are no sealed alpha booster boxes. The cling wrap came later. And the booster packs are easily searchable, which is why the hype openings are Starter Decks, since they were actually sealed so you have a chance of finding good shit.

My dad brought home a starter from doing audit work on the coast when we were kids and that's how me and my little brother got started, we pretty much only got product from dad's audit trips since the distributor allocations were heavily weighted towards a few stores/states those first couple years, so Nebraska got very little of most sets up until The Dark. Ice Age was the first time a product people actually wanted to buy stuck to the shelves for more than a week around here.

Opened Shivan Dragon and Demonic Hordes in my starter, and played a terrible Jund Land Destruction deck for a long time. Dark Ritualing out a Demonic Hordes and then not being able to pay its upkeep cost is peak little kid retardation. Ended up losing the Shivan in an ante game, and that's when I stopped playing ante.

Last edited: