MTG thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A look back at how it all started. Definitely worth a watch for anyone that's ever played MTG:

I have not had the opportunity to watch this yet but SFDebris has been doing Star Trek reviews for a long ass time. He started doing his Opinionated series on Voyager before branching out to the rest of the franchise and then other science fiction and horror properties and he just puts out solid work.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Reddit is currently working overtime to cancel Seb Mckinnon on every MTG forum there, looks like. Because of the below, he's now an "alt right Nazi". No, I'm not kidding. Truly the world is insane. But you know what, I hope all the WOTC artists get canceled one by one, that'd be pretty awesome. The only way out is through.

Seb Mckinnon:

Yesterday, I traveled to Ottawa with my family to support the Trucker Freedom Convoy. The media and politicians are trying to paint this as “anti-vax” and “white supremacist”. Don’t fall for it, and don’t be like them. This is vile, and insulting to the good people there, unvaxxed and vaxxed alike, from all races and walks of life, taking a stand for the following:

- Freedom of choice and bodily sovereignty.
- Informed medical consent. No coercion.
- A world without QR code passes.
- No mandates; tools of segregation, discrimination.
- End of lockdowns & restrictions, which are damaging to mental health and the lives of ALL, from the elderly to the youngest child.

If you don’t stand for the above, ask yourself why. For those who hold these principles dear, especially if you’re Canadian, I encourage you to take a stand as well at this moment of history. After yesterday, I am compelled to speak out and voice that what is going on in this country is NOT RIGHT. I choose love over fear. And for the first time in a long time, I feel hope.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I really hate mtga now, I don't want online only cards that don't exist in paper, or cards that are different than in paper and there's no format unmolested besides draft or standard and I won't play standard because it's standard. Ontop of being cards I don't want alchemy is a straight fleece too

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really hate mtga now, I don't want online only cards that don't exist in paper, or cards that are different than in paper and there's no format unmolested besides draft or standard and I won't play standard because it's standard. Ontop of being cards I don't want alchemy is a straight fleece too

Yeah I literally just play Standard Brawl to do my quests and then play limited. Alchemy is kind of a trash fire if you ask me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I stopped playing Arena during Ikoria. I don't even really play paper much anymore. Last time I played MTGO was probably 2 or 3 Vintage cubes ago.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I stopped playing Arena during Ikoria. I don't even really play paper much anymore. Last time I played MTGO was probably 2 or 3 Vintage cubes ago.
Arena is still fun, just most of the constructed formats are stale after 2 weeks.

The last Arena cube was super good and the Decathalon event that preceded it was great.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I see that they're actively changing cards on Arena. Makes sense being able to nerf Teferi 3 on a purely digital perspective, but it just feels gross considering that can't happen with the paper versions.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I see that they're actively changing cards on Arena. Makes sense being able to nerf Teferi 3 on a purely digital perspective, but it just feels gross considering that can't happen with the paper versions.
The rebalancing/nerfing of cards is not the shitty part of Alchemy.

The shitty part is all the insanely pushed cards they printed in one set.

These two cards are both fucking retarded and the fact that they're in the same set makes it even dumber.

1643985365719.png

1643985371826.png

And then there's this:
1643985439433.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's funny how they keep acting like they didn't say they'd put pioneer on mtga

We're also aware that by including Alchemy cards in Historic, MTG Arena no longer has a "true to tabletop" non-rotating format. We know this is something players want, and it's something we want to provide, so we're actively looking into how we'll support an additional Eternal format. However, we do not plan to add a separate Historic queue that would exclude digital-only cards or rebalances. Our goal with each format MTG Arena supports is to give players a unique deck-building and play experience, and having two formats that are slight tweaks of each doesn't fulfill those requirements.

Exactly what this upcoming format will be is still under consideration because we want to make the best informed decision that we can. That takes time. There are a lot of things we need to consider and solve before we have our answer, because a big part of supporting an Eternal format is setting it up for long-term success. Part of this does include incorporating player feedback, alongside working with our Organized Play team, and you'll begin to see some early testing of what this format could be in a few of our upcoming Midweek Magic events.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously the correct non-rotating format to introduce is Onslaught/Odyssey/Invasion Super Block Constructed

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Streetfighter mechanically unique cards got leaked, and while I hate that they exist, they really went hard on flavor. I think too much freedom and power have likely been given to someone who loves puns.

Fucking Dhalsim Reach tribal

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Streetfighter mechanically unique cards got leaked, and while I hate that they exist, they really went hard on flavor. I think too much freedom and power have likely been given to someone who loves puns.

Fucking Dhalsim Reach tribal
Slacker

streetf.PNG

Transcription:
E Honda, Sumo Champion 4WW
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 0/7
During your turn, everything deals damage with its toughness instead of power.
Whenever ~ Attacks, up to 100 target creatures get +0/+X where X is the # of cards in your hand until end of turn.

Ryu, World Warrior 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 2/4
Training(Yep, the one from Crimson Vow)
4R, Untap, Discard a card: ~ Deals damage equal to its power to any target. If it deals excess damage to a creature, draw a card.

Ken, Burning Brawler 1RR
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 4/2
Prowess
{R/W}: First strike until end of turn
When ~ deals combat damage, you can cast an instant or sorcery from your hand with MV/CMC less than or equal to the amount of damage dealt

Blanka, Ferocious Friend 3RG
Legendary Creature - Human Beast Warrior 5/5
Haste
~ Has trample if you've cast 3 or more cards this turn
Whenever Blanka becomes the target of a spell, it gets +2/+2 until eot and deals 2 to each opponent

Chun-Li, Countless Kicks 1UW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier 3/3
Multikicker {U/W}
When ~ ETBs, exile up to X nonland cards from your graveyard, where X is the number of times ~ was kicked. Put a kick counter on each of them.
Whenever ~ attacks, you may copy each exiled card with a kick counter on it. You may cast the copies.

Dhalsim, Pliable Pacifist 2GW
Legendary Creature - Human Monk 1/3
Reach
~ Has hexproof unless attacking
whenever a creature with reach you control attacks, untap it and it can't be blocked by creatures with greater power this combat
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, draw a card

Guile is partially obscured, but:
Guile, Sonic Soldier 1WRU
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier 4/4
When ~ Etbs or attacks, add or remove a charge counter from him. When you remove a charge counter this way, choose one:
- ~ deals (?) damage to any target
- ~ gains (?) indestructible until end of turn

Zangief, the Red Cyclone 2BRG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 7/ ?
Must be blocked if able.
On your turn, ~ is indestructible.
When ~ deals combat damage to a creature, if that creature was dealt excess combat damage this turn, that creatures controller sacrifices a nonland, noncreature permanent.

• 1Worf