MTG thread

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't know how or if they deal with it on a mass scale, but I'd imagine their stance is something along the lines of feedback etc etc.

I stopped buying mtg anything on Ebay years ago (even when I was still playing for real) because it's such a shit hole.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, apparently. Lesson learned, I guess.

It's not even something that expensive, at least.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In Today's Magic Drama: Random Blogger bitching that Kaladesh isn't India-enough. And shrieking appropriation and not-appropriation at the same time.

Magic can't win. Change the setting to contain people of all races on each plane? NOW THAT'S OFFENSIVE BECAUSE THIS PLANE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That seems pretty malicious and exploitable though. What stops someone from just listing an item twice, and then canceling the lower value sale?

At some level eBay actually benefits from such behavior since they claim their listing fees regardless. The only reason they care at all is that should such behavior become too rampant, they'll lose PR and buyersa

I buy and sell on eBay a lot, particularly MTG cards.

If the seller cancels, not much you can do.

As general advice, I do strongly recommend never pre-order something on eBay that won't be shipped to you within 30 days. Chandra should be o.k given how soon Kaladesh is coming out, but some people pre-order cases / boxes / singles far ahead of time, and that is very risky. When you buy something, eBay will create an expected delivery date based on the purchase date, handling time, and distance it has to travel. If you don't file an issue within 30 days of the expected delivery date, you lose all rights to buyer protection on eBay. If you pre-order something that is coming out in a month or two and the buyer never sends it, even though they put in the auction that it won't ship until "x/y/z", eBay will not back you. Paypal will, if you've paid with them and it is within their buyer protection period - but you need to be careful with the dates.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Seller contacted me back saying he got another distributor and it should ship as expected. I'm as surprised as anyone.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, good news, Expeditions are now a baseline "thing" for Magic sets. Should mean slightly cheaper singles in general for people who don't care about bling, as the set's EV absorbs alternate art Mana Crypts and shit; while people who care about bling get 90s-Score-CCG-Style Wacky Bordered Alt Art Promos.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
3 swords are in this expedition thing. Can't wait to randomly lose limited games to those.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
EDH Bling Holocaust.

The new Sword of X & Y art is tight.

Wouldn't even be mad about opening one of the Gearhulks, since the art is nice.

Expedition Aether Vial: For when you want to play a budget deck in modern, but want your opponent to know budget isn't the reason.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Love the inventions, the frame and art for most of them just look great. Too bad they are foil only, I hate the warping effect you get with those.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Agree, you can almost cut to an FTV foil in a commander deck.
FTV foils cup a lot worse than regular foils.

Regular foils will remain uncupped as long as they are kept sleeved in a stack with other cards.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I got the latest FTV as a birthday gift and threw the Dark Depths into my Gitrog commander. Who needs tutors, i can pretty much see where it is. :)