MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even Timmy can love Smokestack with enough Rancors and Weatherseed Treefolk!

Sterling

El Presidente
I've always been more of a Stasis person than a Smokestack person specifically, but I do enjoy me some prison style decks.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Old school Stasis is the tits. Time Vault becomes a straight up powerful card rather than a combo piece.

Sterling

El Presidente
I was really sort of hoping it would become a thing when they unbanned Vise in Legacy, but it was too much to hope for. Very sad since i have a nice Korean 4th playset.

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
Enemy filter lands, no celestial colonnade or fetches it looks like. My excitement is now at iconic masters levels.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea this set is booty for sure. I can't see a reason that I'd even draft it at this point.

No Colonnade is a huge, huge blunder, unless they plan on putting those lands back in to standard with the core set this summer which I very much doubt they would do.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Are ya'll daft?

If they made the set you guys want they wouldn't have anything left to salt the new Vs deck, the new Commander decks, and the 2HG thing Battlebond and the new core set AND that still leaves out the entire last quarter AND Masters 26 which is only 13 months away!

Sheesh, L2cardgames.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Man, fuck this set.

treeofredemption.jpg

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Y'all act like you've never seen a master set before. Recruiter and jace are fine. Port at rare is fine.

If Crucible gets spoiled tomorrow, I'm willing to call it a win. Fuck manlands, they suck anyway.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The set is fine in that it will lower the prices on some cards that people are interested in picking up. As something to go and throw Alexander Hamiltons at on a one for one Alex to pack ratio it's ass.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm pushing for Chimeric Idol to be in Crucible's slot on the crunch, because it was fucking boss in its day, and because the rage will be splendid.

Allied Manlands are going to see a nice price bump now that they're crunched out of the set. That is until April, when on announcement day they announce 15 more masters sets releasing over a 3 month span.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm pushing for Chimeric Idol to be in Crucible's slot on the crunch, because it was fucking boss in its day, and because the rage will be splendid.

Allied Manlands are going to see a nice price bump now that they're crunched out of the set. That is until April, when on announcement day they announce 15 more masters sets releasing over a 3 month span.

More like Core set will be named "Core lands" and be a full set of non-basic lands.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Crucible is out, we get coalition relic instead.

This might actually be worse than Iconic Masters.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Glad to see a Relic reprint, with this shit being in Walmart the prices of any rare in the set are going to be bombed, and I want like, 9 more of those :D

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Spoilers today look like the final nail in the coffin, I'm out. Maybe I'll buy chalices if they fall far enough, but Masters sets clearly are no longer designed with me in mind since I don't play EDH.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Somehow we managed to have both "Iconic" masters *and* Nostalgia Masters without a Shivan Dragon. Sad day.