MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ravnica Standard formats are the only time I like Standard.

I'm hoping that whatever Arena Extended (Contemporary?) or whatever they call the next format ends up being a good format after Return to Return to Ravnica rotates out, but right now I'm not seeing what's going to stop it from becoming >50% Mono Red decks.

Same. I know it can get ridiculous but I always enjoy when you can build crazy multi-color decks. Mono-red, mono-black, etc. bores the fuck out of me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Non-white supremacy strikes again?!

Been playing since Alpha. Havent played mtg seriously in a decade. Played a pair of drafts Friday and cleaned up easily. Could use some suggestions.
I just pulled a pair of hydriod krasis in a pack. I have a bunch of ideas for a deck built around them but would like to hear some suggestions on how to play them effectively and efficiently.

Was thinking of using View attachment 204264

for pumping. Not a bad combo.
Amazing value! 3 mana and the turn after you can pump something with one +1/+1 counter if it survives combat. You could have a 3/3 Hydroid Krasus, that's insane.

Sarcasm aside, you want to cast the Krasus for more mana to draw more cards, not add counters to it after.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Amazing value! 3 mana and the turn after you can pump something with one +1/+1 counter if it survives combat. You could have a 3/3 Hydroid Krasus, that's insane.

Sarcasm aside, you want to cast the Krasus for more mana to draw more cards, not add counters to it after.
Reread the text. It doubles each type of counter. So 6/6 becomes 12/12, etc. Check the rule listing if your not sure. Dork.

Yeah, big card draw in a green deck is powwa.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reread the text. It doubles each type of counter. So 6/6 becomes 12/12, etc. Check the rule listing if your not sure. Dork.

Yeah, big card draw in a green deck is powwa.
Fuck. So it's a 4/4 instead? Amazing!

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My fiancé threw some cash for two playmates into Seb McKinnons Kickstarter and was getting me a Growth Spiral mat. I didn’t realize until today when he showed me the final offerings of artwork that there was also a sterling grove and an eidolon of blossoms mat and fuck do I want all three, but the Kickstarter closed. Now I can’t decide which art to get.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Owen Turtenwald silently removed from MPL, being replaced by current mythic point lead Autumn Burchett. He's also deleted all of his social media, pending legal action. MTG Reddit is automatically filtering any post with his name.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Life would be so easy as a tranny in todays culture if it wasnt for their life ending self sabotaging mental illness.

Lets not talk about Trannys in this thread because it runs the chance of summoning "it" to derail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Friend sent me this. I'm sure you guys already know.

For those that play Arena:
Promotional code
In the Store page, you can put these following non-unique promotional codes for extra rewards. All codes are case-insensitive.
PlayRavnica: Three Guilds of Ravnica packs (expires on July 1, 2020)
PlayAllegiance: Three Ravnica Allegiance packs (expires on July 1, 2020)
StarterStyles: Five unique card styles and one card sleeve (expires on July 2, 2019)
SuperScry: One copy of Opt (Ixalan) and a card style for it (expires on January 1, 2023)
ParallaxPotion: One copy of Revitalize (Core Set 2019) and a card style for it (expires on January 1, 2023)
FoilFungus: One copy of Deathbloom Thallid (Dominaria) and a card style for it (expires on January 1, 2023)
ShinyGoblinPirate: One copy of Fanatical Firebrand (Rivals of Ixalan) and a card style for it (expires on January 1, 2023)
SparkleDruid: One copy of Druid of the Cowl (Core Set 2019) and a card style for it (expires on January 1, 2023)
PlayWarSpark: Three War of the Spark packs (unknown expiry date)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
^If you have Twitch prime, there is also a Boros deck as a reward this month. (Response/Resurgance (r), Swiftblade Vindicator (r), Legion Warboss (r), Tajic - Legion's Edge (r), Light of the Legion (r), and Aurelia - Exemplar of Justice (m)). Sadly, no rare lands.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oof, Yuya DQ'd for having all 12 of his Tron Sleeves marked with a consistent pattern of three different marks (for the three different types of land). Kinda makes it real hard to argue that's not intentional. Makes that funny clip from earlier today of him trying to protect his tron lands from land destruction by covering them with his arms age pretty badly.

Sterling

El Presidente
Oof, Yuya DQ'd for having all 12 of his Tron Sleeves marked with a consistent pattern of three different marks (for the three different types of land). Kinda makes it real hard to argue that's not intentional. Makes that funny clip from earlier today of him trying to protect his tron lands from land destruction by covering them with his arms age pretty badly.
Damn.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

I have no idea how they still let shit like arm covering happen.

For tournament play there should be zones that cards must be played in. It is just such an easily avoidable problem. Nobody gives a fuck if you claim your autism is triggered if you play enchantments under your lands or vice versa.

Also, I just read about this Owen Turtenwald stuff. Anyone got juicy details or is this more overreaction started by the Redditors that made its way to the top?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have no idea how they still let shit like arm covering happen.

For tournament play there should be zones that cards must be played in. It is just such an easily avoidable problem. Nobody gives a fuck if you claim your autism is triggered if you play enchantments under your lands or vice versa.

Also, I just read about this Owen Turtenwald stuff. Anyone got juicy details or is this more overreaction started by the Redditors that made its way to the top?

All pros are cheaters some are just better than others. The game has too much variance for a pro to consistently do well with out cheating.

Owen Turtenwald made the mistake of rejecting a known MTG Thot named Mary Louke who's claim to fame is fucking multiple pros and posting on Twitter.

She tanked his career saying he was gross to her at a party one time but it turns out he just rejected her after the fact.

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Owen Turtenwald made the mistake of rejecting a known MTG Thot named Mary Louke who's claim to fame is fucking multiple pros and posting on Twitter.

She tanked his career saying he was gross to her at a party one time but it turns out he just rejected her after the fact.
And you have evidence to back any of this shit up?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I have as much evidence as wotc had when they kicked him off.

There is a reason Owen got Lawyer last week it's going to be an easy Payday settlement for him.

I've got no dog in this fight, but as multiple people in our current government has proved, lawyering up has zero to do with being actually innocent of the charges. I mean, what are the chances that a mtg pro has more money than a random groupie and thus being in good shape to utilize a SLAPP lawsuit.

Last edited: