MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reddit is actually hilarious on this. So many bullshiters. "I was buying this to have one last draft with my friend dying of cancer!!!! Wotc is literally murdering cancer victims!"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Did people expect WoTC to deliver?

Guess they missed the fact about 20 year old cards being higher quality then the current pringle generation.

Funny shit.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Reddit is actually hilarious on this. So many bullshiters. "I was buying this to have one last draft with my friend dying of cancer!!!! Wotc is literally murdering cancer victims!"

I wrote that i was a single father who spent the last of my rent money to buy these boxes so I could resell them to afford medicine for my dying child.

• 1Truth!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Unfucking believable. Second box just got refunded.

The more I think about this the more fucked up the situation is because if I get it right, ebay auto cancelled any order with sales tax at first so it priveledged states/orders without sales tax.

They should have cancelled all orders and redid it from scratch.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I had sales tax or something show up on my 12pm pst order. It was going to ding me for $541 but the payment failed.

So the sales tax thing is bullshit too.

rad

Lord of Guk
My original order @ 12:03 didn't have sales tax, so that was for sure a thing.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Had some mental health breakdown and bought a Japanese box as a consolation. I’m gonna crack packs one way or another!

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
No Lillie’s but got a foil alt art Jace and an alt art Karn and Gideon. Not worth the money but was fun to open anyway. Biggest tease was opening a regular art Ugin. :( didn’t get any alt art Ajani’s that I wanted either.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

"We, Cygames, have conducted a hearing with Yuuya Watanabe about his disqualification during Day 2 of the Mythic Championship London. After sorting through the situation, we strongly believe Yuuya is innocent of any wrongdoing."

Yuuya dindu nuffin

• 1Pants on Fire!

Sterling

El Presidente

"We, Cygames, have conducted a hearing with Yuuya Watanabe about his disqualification during Day 2 of the Mythic Championship London. After sorting through the situation, we strongly believe Yuuya is innocent of any wrongdoing."

Yuuya dindu nuffin
Not going to read that right now but in theory he could have borrowed the deck from someone else and kept the old sleeves on it. But that requires that the scumbag dude with cheater sleeves would leave the deck sleeved and Yuuya not resleeve the deck at any point himself. Whole thing just seems real, real unlikely.

• 1Truth!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Not going to read that right now but in theory he could have borrowed the deck from someone else and kept the old sleeves on it. But that requires that the scumbag dude with cheater sleeves would leave the deck sleeved and Yuuya not resleeve the deck at any point himself. Whole thing just seems real, real unlikely.

he reseleeved during the tournament iirc after he lost some games to boot

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty much the only world where he's innocent is a world where the Judges are in a conspiracy sabotaging specific players.

One of these states is more unlikely and/or concerning than the other.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Yuuya dindu nuffin

it's a Valid chain of events but it excludes one super important piece of information. Yuuyas old sleeves, Where are they? Do they have the same markings as his new sleeves?

I bet if you find his old sleeves they will have the same marks.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Handing over your deck to be checked for the top 8 when you know your sleeves are bullshit is so fucking retarded I'm willing to entertain alternative explanations.

Do you have to get the OK to resleeve or is there otherwise scrutiny from judges? The second I qualified for the top eight I'd be in a bathroom resleeving and tossing those incriminating fuckers in a Subway garbage can. SORRY BROS YOUR SACRIFICE WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
it's a Valid chain of events but it excludes one super important piece of information. Yuuyas old sleeves, Where are they? Do they have the same markings as his new sleeves?

I bet if you find his old sleeves they will have the same marks.

he just happened to sleeve up the mines, power plants and towers with seperate distinct markings?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
he just happened to sleeve up the mines, power plants and towers with seperate distinct markings?

No retard, I'm saying he totally did/is cheating it's obvious.

I'm saying that Cygames chain of events is wrong because it ignores the fact that he probably marked his OLD set of sleeves as well as his new set of sleeves.

If they find his old set of sleeves I bet his tron is also marked in the same exact way.

Yuuya noticed that maybe his old sleeves where becoming too obvious so he decided to re sleeve them (or not obvious enough)

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Always keeps surprising me how mtg pros are absolutely retarded when it comes to cheating.

Besides the fact that one can see these markings from literally 2 tables away, they are also very obviously intentional. As long as there is reason to doubt the intentional aspect of such a thing, the player gets a warning and is asked to resleeve, but instead of being careful these fuckers go all out.

He could have dented most of his sleeves and have blamed it on keeping a few dice in a less then optimal deckbox, instead he pretty much wrote the names of the card on the back of the sleeves instead.

He can't possibly be Asian.