MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The haircut was an early warning sign.

Still a bummer, he made some fun decks over the years.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
selling off my collection before Standard rotation, anyone want to buy my Esper color dual lands for a better price than Card Kingdom is offering?

don't have many other cards of note, the only valuable cards i have are from my Ravnica Allegiance era Esper Hero deck that i didn't updated when War of the Spark came out, so yeah.

ugh typed up hundreds of card names into the Card Kingdom sell cart, didn't complete the order tho. in the past it's always saved my cart contents for me. this time, deleted. gotta re-enter all those hundreds of cards, most of them worth $0.05-$0.10 or so. questioning whether or not the effort is worth it even haha.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What is rotating out of standard? I'm not up to date. So I wouldn't even know what you're trying to sell.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, and Core 2019 are the sets rotating out in the Fall when Archery comes out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What is rotating out of standard? I'm not up to date. So I wouldn't even know what you're trying to sell.

I ended up already submitting my sale order to Card Kingdom anyway because I figured no one would be interested, so it's too late anyway heh. But yeah, the main cards I had of worth were the Esper color shock and check lands, so not just stuff that is rotating out.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Selling my whole set. Which site should I list it on?
And do any of you want first dibs once I have the collection uploaded?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'd like to see the list. But I play Commander and I look for derpy trash. Hydroid is still way too much $ though, wtf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Selling my whole set. Which site should I list it on?
And do any of you want first dibs once I have the collection uploaded?

i used Card Kingdom to sell mine. was surprised at how decent the prices they gave me were actually. but it was all just current Standard stuff, not sure how it goes for older cards.

the process on Card Kingdom was super easy, just tedious. gotta type out the names of every card you want to sell them, then they show you the list in the specific order they want you to sort it in before you pack it (roughly alphabetized by set then card name).

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
i used Card Kingdom to sell mine. was surprised at how decent the prices they gave me were actually. but it was all just current Standard stuff, not sure how it goes for older cards.

the process on Card Kingdom was super easy, just tedious. gotta type out the names of every card you want to sell them, then they show you the list in the specific order they want you to sort it in before you pack it (roughly alphabetized by set then card name).

I went with tcg cause they have a pretty good card scanner app for input.
But I still want to get top $.
I'll cross reference those 2 sites.
Thanks bud.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I keep my bulk at home pretty heavily organized (or I try to anyway) which makes selling to CK easier when I need some extra Magic money. Then I can just search their buy list by set and pull out what they want and then anything leftover heads to my LGS for their bulk turn-in. All the sorting can be a pita though, especially when my other half wont stop buying packs and boxes for funsies. Other than the listing part though, my CK sell orders have gone pretty fast and when getting store credit, you get pretty good value. I’ve also gotten money from them in PayPal and in physics check and each times been really fast on the turn around.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Magic: The Gathering has revealed the title of its next set, teasing a brand new plane for players to explore. Earlier today at SDCC, ComicBook.com received a formal paper invitation from Hasbro to attend the upcoming Magic: The Gathering panel this weekend at the convention. The invitation stated that "The Royal Courts of Eldraine" requested the honor of our presence at the event, and had "Throne of Eldraine" on its interior surrounded by pictures of fairies flying through the air. It appears that "Throne of Eldraine" will be the name of the next set and will be officially announced this weekend.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Magic: The Gathering has revealed the title of its next set, teasing a brand new plane for players to explore. Earlier today at SDCC, ComicBook.com received a formal paper invitation from Hasbro to attend the upcoming Magic: The Gathering panel this weekend at the convention. The invitation stated that "The Royal Courts of Eldraine" requested the honor of our presence at the event, and had "Throne of Eldraine" on its interior surrounded by pictures of fairies flying through the air. It appears that "Throne of Eldraine" will be the name of the next set and will be officially announced this weekend.

btw lots of articles floating around saying it's a "fairy set" but Maro said on Blogatog that isn't the case, faries are just part of it.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I think people got a bit confused by the early messaging. The set is about Fairy Tales, not so much about faeries, though it'll probably have some.

Stuff like this, where Goldilocks gets some revenge.
Eldraine-Card-216x302.png

Vinen

God is dead
Had Rudy crack a box of Ice Age for me for pure nostalgia. Went into this knowing I had a less than 0 chance of getting anywhere near the money I spent on the box. (Note: I did not spend 10K)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Had Rudy crack a box of Ice Age for me for pure nostalgia. Went into this knowing I had a less than 0 chance of getting anywhere near the money I spent on the box. (Note: I did not spend 10K)

I especially like how he puts shatter aside but leaves portent.