MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Oh no, Ajani got a new pridemate!
the combo with ballista is instant kill, and it only requires 4 mana, and the bigger the ballista the harder is to stop it( if it has two counters, you can time it and kill the ballista in response when the first counter is removed).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm still shocked that dig and tcruise are not banned yet or even seem particularly degenerate.

Also shocked that certain staples like Siege Rhino or Reality Smasher are nowhere in the format.

Lack of Fetchlands are the major cause of that combined with a lack of 0/1 mana cantrips and removal really make delve cards fair.

At the same time Siege Rhino is suffers from a lack of color fixing and devotion strategies being powerful. Reality Smasher just costs 5

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heliod or Ballista will be nearly immediately banned in Pioneer, so don't go rushing out buying shit on launch.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Heliod or Ballista will be nearly immediately banned in Pioneer, so don't go rushing out buying shit on launch.

It's really a shame because Ballista will be the one that eats the ban messing with other decks.

Copycat got a ban in pioneer and was a turn faster and more consistent but wotc hates combo so who knows.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
FFG does that in their games. It generally ends up working the same as a ban, but with more fiddly bullshit to remember

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that will never be an official ban. The closest they ever got was that shitty modern event deck that stoneforge in it that was legal to play if it was only in the original configuration it came with, and even that was stupid.

Heliod combo is a single color and can be worked in to almost any deck. There is 0 chance that sticks around.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yea that will never be an official ban. The closest they ever got was that shitty modern event deck that stoneforge in it that was legal to play if it was only in the original configuration it came with, and even that was stupid.

Heliod combo is a single color and can be worked in to almost any deck. There is 0 chance that sticks around.

I'm thinking its going to slot in a collected company shell so G/W

it also required a single white just like Copycat so it would probably be a 4 color pile.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Swap Guardian with Ballista, Saheeli with Heliod and uh Oko with....i dunno Idyllic tutor or something.

Boom Decks done.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Company hitting ballista is pretty bad so I doubt it's a company deck.

I suspect you could run it mono-white devotion style with a ton of Chad's, silkwrap type cards, wrath etc.

Vinen

God is dead
Trying to decide how many Collectors boxes I open for cracking. I did 3 of the Eldraine and came out + 100 USD. (thx Full art Foil Brazen x2)

Traded everything in to a store + some other cards and picked up a Mox Sapphire.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Fucking LSV knows nothing about magic.

NOTHING

1579318708792.png

Go into the Magic hall of fame with your shittier opinions and skills.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Fucking LSV knows nothing about magic.

NOTHING

View attachment 244044

Go into the Magic hall of fame with your shittier opinions and skills.
It's a limited rating. If you cast it in sealed/draft you end up getting like 3 lands and 2 low drops and your opponent gets a dragon that probably gets to attack you before you even get to play any of the cards or a removal spell that costs them no mana. Good luck winning that game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At a FNM I'd totally run that shit. Small stakes big hilarity if the gods of variance are on your side that evening.