MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The mechanics and interactions sound like a transvestite's fever dream.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright I read the actual release, and it's as bad as it looks.

Actively and maliciously trying to ruin Legacy at this point is the only thing I can come up with.

Chris

Potato del Grande

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
highlander is coming to arena (arena card pool)

oblig pronouns
In the Gladiator Community Spotlight next week, players can use ten preconstructed decks. Provided by members of the Gladiator community, the decks are as follows:

• Azorius Control – SupremePhantom (He/Him)
  • Belzenlok Combo – JokerBoney (They/Them)
  • Boros Control – Aiamethyst (She/Her)
  • Esper Reanimator – ElleMNOP (She/Her)
  • Gruul Monsters – Wooormy (He/Him)
  • Jund Sacrifice – BenjaminWheeler (He/Him)
  • Mono-Blue Skies – BenjaminWheeler (He/Him)
  • Mono-Red Aggro – DwaginFodder (She/Her)
  • Mono-White Aggro – Rootpotato (They/Them)
  • Rakdos Midrange – Blightning (They/Them)

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got myself set up on Arena and used my wildcards on a Selesnya Enchantment Aggro deck using mostly Kamigawa cards, so should be rotation proof.

I'm missing the dual lands which is leading to mana problems, but even so I stomped bronze/silver with 90%+ win rate and now in gold 1 progressing nicely.

Made a few changes but this is what I started with minus the legendary lands: Arena Standard Metagame Selesnya Enchantments

It's a really nice mix of removal, card draw and getting value from interactions between the cards.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got to Diamond with the Enchaments deck, now starts the grind to Mythic.

Running this now with minor changes to the lands and Oblivion Ring mix:

Reminds me of my old Modern Affinity deck, there are lots of interactions you don't see at first glance and I find that opponents very often use removal on the wrong creature. I'm also surprised at how resilient it is to removal.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Apparently today is start of spoilers once again. Seems to happen so often anymore. That said, these Warhammer Sol Rings look pretty sick.

solrings.PNG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Standard set + masters set at the same time. Open your wallets nerds. Oh also a commander release of course.

Every card spoiled so far is a big stupid multicolored legend for commander. Fuck this game.

WHO'S HYPED FOR THE DOCTOR WHO MAGIC SET GUISE I CAN FINALLY MAKE A DECK THAT MATCHES MY FUNCO-POP COLLECTION

b49.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Standard set + masters set at the same time. Open your wallets nerds. Oh also a commander release of course.

Every card spoiled so far is a big stupid multicolored legend for commander. Fuck this game.

WHO'S HYPED FOR THE DOCTOR WHO MAGIC SET GUISE I CAN FINALLY MAKE A DECK THAT MATCHES MY FUNCO-POP COLLECTION

View attachment 428730
Gotta milk those nerds to fund Californian activism/cultural vandalism.

Diversity as one of the two LotR themes.

Black Doctor Who cards.

Please look forward to it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 428730
idk Sphinx or Fiction is pretty neat.

1660848856502.png

Liliana of the Veil in standard again is something, and in combination with new Braids is possibly even more insane.

1660848908454.png

1660848919026.png

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
idk Sphinx or Fiction is pretty neat.

View attachment 428743

Liliana of the Veil in standard again is something, and in combination with new Braids is possibly even more insane.

View attachment 428744

View attachment 428745

They print some version of that sphinx in every standard set. 5-7cmc, big flying body, irrelevant attack trigger, completely unplayable.

Sheoldred is worse than mindwrack demon, change my mind.

Braids kinda cool but at 3 mana and no immediate value I suspect won't be good enough to do anything important. Maybe pioneer oni anvil piles like it a bit?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The other Sphinx that turns the first blue Mana in each spell into Phyrexian Blue is a lot more interesting to me, an absolute vomit of cantrips and counterspells for life.

Sivitri Scarzam found pants and a shirt, pre-teen me is heart broken

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The other Sphinx that turns the first blue Mana in each spell into Phyrexian Blue is a lot more interesting to me, an absolute vomit of cantrips and counterspells for life.

Sivitri Scarzam found pants and a shirt, pre-teen me is heart broken

He's only phyrexian mana for permanents

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do the jund Boomers move to Pioneer now that their modern retirement home is wrecked and Lili V is reprinted into Pioneer?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Seb Mckinnon not black listed by Wizards of the Coast for his particpiation in the Canadian trucker protests. New art revealed for the new set. But weird they would have one of the most popular artists just do land cards.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who says he's not blacklisted? These cards were likely already printed up when that shit went down. I hope he's not, but this release means nothing (other than he's a fantastic artist).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm looking for cheap storage options for a bunch of objects roughly the same height and length as a graded card case. BCW has one about the size of a shoebox but I'm looking for something more the size of the big 5000 count boxes, except with the larger row sizes that the graded shoebox has. So far the only larger stuff I've found is heavy duty cases or custom shit off of etsy but all I want is plain old cardboard. Any suggestions?