MTG thread

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I have 5 Standard decks. None of them are, like, PTQ quality or anything. I suck. I can do okay at FNM sometimes and that's about it. That being said, Simic and U/G in general has always been my favorite. It looks like the 'ole Nature/Brain decks are going to get a little love in Born of the Gods. I'm glad to see it!

I'm not sure exactly what Rosewater-ian player type I am, but the first card I thought of when I saw Kiora's Follower was Vorel of the Hull Clade (who would exist in a world of Master Biomancers, Experiment Ones, Ooze Fluxes, Corpsejack Menaces and Crowned Ceratoks.)

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Mogis sooo nice. Really wish I played at home. He drops straight into my Purp/Rakdos, Lord of Riots/Exava terrible terrible deck I can't be bothered to build because I only play on vacations.

Well the black board wipe wasn't as awesome as I was hoping (wanted something like Dismember), but it's still not bad.http://i.imgur.com/ccQgaKi.jpg

Drown in Sorrow 1BB
Sorcery

All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn. Scry 1.
Dismember is not a board wipe at all. It's targeted removal. If you meant something that gave all creatures -5/-5 then yes that would be pretty sick.

I think this card is OK (strictly better than infest), but I don't think it's the board clear that mono-black needs in standard. It is better than Shrivel that has been the sideboard tech against MonoBlue and White Weenie and it will clear an army of Satyr tokens from Xenagos. These alone will make it worth playing, but it's no Damnation or Mutilate. It doesn't do a lot against GR Monsters, Selesnya agro, or an opposing army of pack rats, which are what, in my experience, MonoBlack suffers the most from. I guess it does work against MonoRed Devotion, unless they have the turn 3 hammer...

businesscats_sl

shitlord
Dismember is not a board wipe at all. It's targeted removal. If you meant something that gave all creatures -5/-5 then yes that would be pretty sick.

I think this card is OK (strictly better than infest), but I don't think it's the board clear that mono-black needs in standard. It is better than Shrivel that has been the sideboard tech against MonoBlue and White Weenie and it will clear an army of Satyr tokens from Xenagos. These alone will make it worth playing, but it's no Damnation or Mutilate. It doesn't do a lot against GR Monsters, Selesnya agro, or an opposing army of pack rats, which are what, in my experience, MonoBlack suffers the most from. I guess it does work against MonoRed Devotion, unless they have the turn 3 hammer...
Yeah I was hoping for an 'all creatures' effect. After seeing that white board wipe I was expecting black's to be much better than -2/-2 scry 1.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting for the rares and mythics in BotG to start looking good. So far there's some relatively powerful uncommons and not much else.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Still waiting for the rares and mythics in BotG to start looking good. So far there's some relatively powerful uncommons and not much else.
Is there a routine or something they do with reveals and spoilers? Like first they show the flavour then later the meat and potatoes or what?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Brimaz seems pretty good. I'm happy to see a good mythic. It's not enough to sell me on a box yet, but it goes a long way towards helping get me to the prerelease.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Brimaz seems pretty good. I'm happy to see a good mythic. It's not enough to sell me on a box yet, but it goes a long way towards helping get me to the prerelease.
More good uncommons though, Reap What is Sown looks fun for Heroic decks.

Felhide Spiritbinder could be cool if the copied creatures Tribute is triggered upon copying.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have to give props to the new instant cast clone for 3 Blue. It is self target only, but wow did blue devotion get a powerful card. "I kill your Master of Tides"........." I clone him, still your turn".....