NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
& Mike Miller was doing so good keeping them in and then those gdamn 3's just kept raining them down. 16 fucking 3's on the night. Danny Green 27 pts Neal 24pts I mean fuck. GG

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Good call.
Meh.

Neal/Green were fucking unreal tonight. Will be interesting to see the extent of Parkers injury.

Also, NotBillWalton has to be the best follow on all of twitter during the Finals. Lebrick hasn't felt this kind of "Heat" since 11', and we all know how that turned out.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
anyone have a gif of wade trying to get a foul called and then got called for traveling ?

Jovec

?
You do know that Kobe has 5 rings too, right?
Duncan would be 5 for 5 in the finals, though the knocks against him for me are his minutes (too few, 30mpg this year) and the lack of even back-to-back finals appearances, let alone championships.

It is also to be determined how Duncan performs this series. He should do quite well against Miami due to their lack of size (a-la Hibbert), but so far he's had 1 good game, 1 crap game, and one middling game. Even with a 5th, if Parker carries the load (like he did for #4) it has to factor in somewhat.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Someone drugged the Heat's gatorade.. :-/

Seriously though, it was like anything the spurs even threw in the basket's general direction just went SWOOSH in that 4th quarter. Guys falling off balance, through a double team, under handed floaters from the free throw line.. etc.. however they threw it up it went in every time. Heat get a wide open look? BRICK. for fucks sake..

Szlia

I think it's safe to say that this 3 pts shooting insanity will be difficult to reproduce for the Spurs, but on the bright side for them, this oddity resulted in a lopsided score, not in a close win. You feel like they were still in a very good position would Green and Neal have posted human numbers, despite Miller's very own superhuman shooting heroics.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It should be somewhere in the middle - they weren't hitting even close to their normal percentage on 3s in the first 2 games.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but Pau Gasol carried him to at least 2 of them
I can understand a Patrick Kane fan being able to easily get behind Kobe.

Curious what Pop will come out with in Game 4. The game plan they had with Parker was great, but man Neal isn't going to hit 4 leaner threes off the dribble every game. I'd almost expect them to go back to game 1's dribble drive strategy as Miami is sure to overreact and close out like crazy the next game.

Teams rarely ever win all three in a row at home in the finals though, so I expect the series to go back to Miami. This next game will determine if the Spurs win in 6 or 7 though. IMO, anyway.

To continue the Kobe derail, because I think it's fun and who cares, imagine a world where Kobe didn't get traded to LA and spent at least his rookie deal in Charlotte. We'd end up looking back on him like we do Iverson. Talented scorer that never had enough around him to go all the way. People that love Kobe have reasons for it. He has the rings and he has 16 years of solid production, but if you're examining stats and stats only, there really isn't any evidence to make the claim that he was anything more than an all star but not super star level talent for a really long amount of time. If you think Kobe is one of the greatest ever, you have to be a guy that cares a lot about intangibles. I obviously am a person that cares very little about things you can't define.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
35.6 ppg is crazy in this era. 81 points in a single game is ridiculous too. And what would have happened to Jordan if he was drafted by the Blazers? Or if Magic wasn't a Laker? It's a very strange argument against someone when the only real answer is "Who knows?".

But to more important issues: Lebron had mentally checked out way early in this game. He was shooting 20' covered jumpers with 15 sec on the shot clock. Most of his points were scored when Spurs backups were in there playing zero defense but draining nonstop 3s so Pop kept them in.

Apparently, the Heat were just vastly overrated. They had that win streak, but their conference is terrible. They had a lot of trouble with the Bills who were missing 3 of their best players, and if the Pacers coach wasn't so shitty they would have won in 6.