NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is where you're taking this? Really?
Are you being intentionally dense? I was incredulous because I thought popsicle was making a silly claim about Harden and I said what I did to highlight how silly it sounded when applied in a similar way to Curry. He already clarified his meaning in a post and I already clarified my revised understanding in a post so I don't know why you're responding to that piece now.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Are you being intentionally dense? I was incredulous because I thought popsicle was making a silly claim about Harden and I said what I did to highlight how silly it sounded when applied in a similar way to Curry. He already clarified his meaning in a post and I already clarified my revised understanding in a post so I don't know why you're responding to that piece now.
Yeah, I quoted before reading the follow ups. Sorry. Your original tone flew completely over my head. Apologies.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just heard this stat in the W's game. Curry is sixth in scoring. He has sat out in 16 fourth quarters this season.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
America believes that Harden is the MVP.

nuH0oWo.jpg

Helluva win by the Rockets today. They are now the #2 seed in the West and are in the driver seat to hold on that position.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Harden is good but I really don't think he is MVP good. Curry does more for his team than Harden.

DickTrickle

Why didn't he lead them to way more wins last year? The team is largely the same. If your answer doesn't have 100% to do with only Curry related changes, then maybe using "most wins" without any other context as a primary determinant is a little bit shallow.

DickTrickle

Harden is good but I really don't think he is MVP good. Curry does more for his team than Harden.
I think Curry is ultimately the better player and maybe MVP, but the entire Rockets team is built around James Harden. If an entire team is built around a player, it's hard to argue that player doesn't do a shit ton for his team.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why didn't he lead them to way more wins last year? The team is largely the same. If your answer doesn't have 100% to do with only Curry related changes, then maybe using "most wins" without any other context as a primary determinant is a little bit shallow.
Or maybe MVP is a single season award and basing it off what a team did last year makes absolutely no sense?

DickTrickle

Or maybe MVP is a single season award and basing it off what a team did last year makes absolutely no sense?
So who should have won MVP last year? Tim Duncan or Kawhi Leonard?

The point of my comment was that the coaching regime play has clearly has a big effect on the record. However, if you're really one of those types that think the MVP must come from the team with the best record, I guess there's really not much to argue.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So who should have won MVP last year? Tim Duncan or Kawhi Leonard?

The point of my comment was that the coaching regime play has clearly has a big effect on the record. However, ifyou're really one of those types that think the MVP must come from the team with the best record, I guess there's really not much to argue.
Not sure why my choice for MVP has you so butthurt that you have to strawman it. When an MVP race is close and one of the players has 10+ wins on the other guy, that's a pretty good tiebreaker.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's been a pretty amazing NBA season for individual performances. Not factoring in the teams and records at all, there are 6 guys all putting up seasons worthy of the MVP in any year where they wasn't so much competition. Curry, Harden, Westbrook, LeBron, CP3 and Anthony Davis. All of those guys are just having monster years.

Any one of those guys could win the award and deserve it. AD is even has the Pelicans in the playoff hunt on a team that starts Tyreke and Eric Gordon.

I still think Curry has the most consistent season of play. Harden is very close and with how much the end of the seasons matters in the voting, he may end up winning it. At this point both deserve it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think Curry is ultimately the better player and maybe MVP, but the entire Rockets team is built around James Harden. If an entire team is built around a player, it's hard to argue that player doesn't do a shit ton for his team.
There have been a lot of great players on average teams that put up good or even great stats and ultimately take their teams nowhere. There's a difference between a team standing back and letting a great one-on-one player go to work, versus a team that designs an entire system around a player especially when that players individual stats may even drop to make the team better. And there's a reason why players on perennial championship contenders are considered all-time greats when their stats may not be as good as some other dude who's the only guy putting up numbers on a shitty team.

Not that the MVP even matters. Only good players on shitty teams really care about the MVP as they know that's their championship. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Harden won the MVP and struggled in another first round playoff loss.