NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Always seemed like a good player, but seemed to lack any drive to do anything but stand around and do nothing.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if I've ever had a player make my blood boil quite like Josh Smith.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_80893.jpg

HoopsHype - NBA players in epic Halloween costumes

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
And Roberson is now out for the Thunder (probably just a sprained ankle). But wtf injury plague.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Perry Jones III injured his knee tonight (probably just a bruised knee). But wtf injury plague.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
They now have 7 healthy players and one of those is Kendrick Perkins. Seattle should be happy they won a SB. They should back off; they are already going to see KD leave OKC in a couple years.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Hmm will the Wizards have to shed Beals upcoming extension or will the new TV deal let them afford both. Damn straight I am driving the "KD to the Wiz" choo choo train!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Beal is the next Eric Gordon where he's going to get a massive contract and never live up to it. I get the infatuation with him. He's still super young andlookslike a much better player than he actually is. Silky jumper, great 3 point range and he still carries on his rep from college as a 'do everything' stat stuffer even though that hasn't translated at all. If he played more like a 3 and D guy he'd probably be a lot more valuable, but 40% from the field and 2.5 free throws a game. That's just shitty production.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's amazing how bad Eric Gordon has been so far this season. 0-6, 4-14, 0-6, 3-8, 5-14. If he could just play at 75% of what he should be giving for that contract, that team could be playoff bound. Heck, they might be anyways since AD is about to take the spot of most valuable player in the game. I won't be surprised if NO "bumps" somebody out of the playoffs this year. Injured OKC, Portland, Memphis, somebody like that.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That division is stacked, though. NO or Memphis could finish last in that division with 50+ wins. And forget about AD's unibrow...boy needs to use some of that money to get his teeth fixed.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
The Lakers are one of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen.

If they don't win their next game vs. Charlotte, things could get ugly. They won't have another winnable game until the end of the month, depending on your opinion of ATL.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wolves are such a fun team to watch! Rubio was two rebounds away from a triple double.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Roy Hibbert 0-7, 2 pts. I know it shouldn't even be surprising at this point but how can you be 7' 2", play 30+ minutes of basketball, and not score one basket?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the most logical explanation is that cartoon space aliens stole his basketball talent in order to defeat the looney tunes.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Roy Hibbert 0-7, 2 pts. I know it shouldn't even be surprising at this point but how can you be 7' 2", play 30+ minutes of basketball, and not score one basket?
The craziest thing to me about Roy is how shitty of a rebounder he is for that size. We've seen completely uncoordinated big man with no touch on offense before and Roy even fits the mold of being a good defender. But how many 7+ footers out there end being bad rebounders?

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
The craziest thing to me about Roy is how shitty of a rebounder he is for that size. We've seen completely uncoordinated big man with no touch on offense before and Roy even fits the mold of being a good defender. But how many 7+ footers out there end being bad rebounders?
I believe Grantland did an article on the subject. If I remember correctly the issue isn't that he is a shitty rebounder, it's how the Pacers utilize him to move opposing rebounders out of the way so the wings can swoop in and get the rebounds.