NBA 2014 Off-Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, that Wizards team would be stacked. Chicago and Charlotte probably wouldn't be too bad either.

That Wolves team would be awful, haha.

Szlia

I was surprised to see Marc Gasol and Joaquim Noah in these teams, but the younger of the Gasols moved to the US as a teenager and Noah is actually born in New York.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't think that's how over/unders work. I'd set the over/under at 50 games.

I think the odds of him playing a game are good, but get worse the more he does for Team USA.

Jovec

?
I doubt Pau Gasol signs with Chicago if he didn't have strong assurances about Rose's health. I would think this is a huge year for Rose's career; if he has a strong year then the story will be that he did the right thing taking all of that recovery time. If he can't go or gets injured again, then the talk intensifies about him being Oden 2.0, his toughness/heart, his salary, etc.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Ed Davis to the Lakers for 2 years 2 million is probably the best value signing of the whole offseason (outside of LeBron obviously).

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Ed Davis to the Lakers for 2 years 2 million is probably the best value signing of the whole offseason (outside of LeBron obviously).
Yeah, he really got lost on Memphis's bench after the trade from Toronto. I guess everyone forgot he was good? Sad it was the Lakers that got him.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, he really got lost on Memphis's bench after the trade from Toronto. I guess everyone forgot he was good? Sad it was the Lakers that got him.
I'm a big fan of his. When Colangelo traded for Gay I very loudly proclaimed here that I would have much rather just held on to Davis and given him actual minutes. He has always, even in Memphis with a very limited role, put up very good per minute stats. He must rub coaches the wrong way or have a perceived lack of effort in practice, because from a production standpoint there is no reason whatsoever why he should be limited to less than 10 MPG. I think he's probably capable of starting on half of the league's teams.

Dude is also one of the few defensive minded PFs that even exist anymore. I won't compare him to someone like Taj Gibson, but that has to be a niche skill team's would appreciate with how much that position has flipped the other direction in the recent history of the NBA. He's also big enough to play minutes at the 5 and wouldn't be a liability except against the very few huge centers out there.

2 years 2 mill. Absolute steal.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Well, hindsight being what it is...Gay got us Patterson, Vasquez, and Hayes, so I'll take that. I always liked Davis, though. I was secretly hoping he'd come back to Toronto, but we already don't have enough minutes for Hansborough.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'd take Davis over any of that, but to each his own. We're talking rotation players here, not stars, and Vasquez and Patterson certainly both qualify as decent.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
And now the Lakers got Carlos Boozer, so Davis is going to get buried there, too. Boozer, Randle, and Davis.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I should be happy as a Toronto fan. That means that Cleveland team will only be great for 2-3 years if they trade for Love, before running into the same problems Miami had with trying to avoid repeat offender penalties. I'm not saying one strategy is better than the other...you're taking your best shot at getting a championship now rather than building a sustainable program that's in the mix every year. I'd personally keep Wiggins.

Might make it more likely that Wiggins comes home to Toronto after his rookie contract is up if he's stuck in Minnesota for a few years. (Sorry, Slaythe.)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who is Cleveland going to have around Lebron, Love, and Irving other than Mike Miller?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Depends who else would be included in the trade, but Waiters, Thompson, Varajao, and Bennett for starters.