NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
MJ called out people on the court, in game and practice, way more than LBJ ever has. And yet MJ is revered for it.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Well, Michael Jordan didn't act like a woman when he was calling people out.

The GOAT said:
“You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.” – Michael to Horace Grant
“I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don’t get you the ball.”
“They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that.” – Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

LBJ just posts passive aggressive tweets and insta stories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

One of the moments that was referenced in all this was was LBJ berating Kyrie to his face in overtime in a game at Atlanta in April in 2016. Kyrie just stared straight ahead then smirked when he left, but Lebron was definitely in his face.

I bet if social media existed back then Jordan would be dropping subtweets all the time.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MJ called out people on the court, in game and practice, way more than LBJ ever has. And yet MJ is revered for it.

I'm not sure MJ is revered for the actions themselves. There's a lot about how he was off the court that came out with his gambling and competitiveness in EVERYTHING with teammates that hasn't been very flattering.

People just praise the results. 6-0 in Finals with 6 MVP's is pretty loud.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea Jordan's position is unassailable.

Not only because of his basketball acumen and accolades but more so because of the brand he has built. He has a ton of capital, both monetary and reputation wise.

So he gets a LOT of wiggle room when it comes to his behavior. Did you watch his HOF acceptance speech? The guy isn't nice and he doesn't give a fuck about anyone else, even his most successful teammate Scottie Pippen wasn't good enough in Jordan's eyes.

Speaking of Pippen, does anyone remember that Sega CD game he released? I forgot the name of it but it was a FMV based game much like Night Trap and you had to beat like 4 dudes in a one on one pick up game before playing Pippen. I actually ended up beating that game, and no I'm not ashamed.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty much this. Hell Chris Paul is a "Nightmare" teammate by today's new standard.

Lebron is nearly polarizing as Tebow when it comes to love him or hate him, only the people that hate Lebron try to make it seem like it's not just their dislike for them. Lebron gets played like Tristan Thompson max contracts, players like Donyell Marshall open game winning shots. He's an incredible 'on court' teammate

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Intent is a pretty serious charge. He might have to do a little time, but I'm sure his lawyer will get him out of it.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Pretty good Xmas lineup this year.

12et: Sixers/Knicks
3et: Cavs/Warriors
5:30et: Wizards/Celtics
8et: Rockets/Thunder
10:30et: TWolves/Lakers

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
KI for IT -- I'm all about it. There's also talk of Dwyane Wade coming to Cleveland.

IT, Derrick Rose, DWade, K Love, LBJ. That's a pretty solid 5 right there.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Trade just went down..

Cavs get: Isaiah Thomas Jae Crowder Ante Zizic Nets 2018 pick Celtics get: Kyrie Irving.

Solid!

DickTrickle

Actually really like that the Cavs got Crowder in there. He'll help the bench a lot. However, as bad as KI could be on defense, IT will be even worse.

Getting the Nets first round pick is also a rare look toward the future for this organization. It doesn't make them better than GS but I think it does improve their current (ever so slightly) and future team, especially if they need a total rebuild in a year (since you have to assume if they kept KI he would have been disgruntled and not resigned).

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Still not better than Golden State. Congrats, they are the new Cleveland?

Cleveland is still Cleveland. They're still tops in the East.

I'm really surprised Boston was willing to give up so much for him. You really can't build a team around either of the 2, but throw in Crowder and a top 5 pick.. fwhat? Plus KI will be a free agent after 2020 what do they have or will they have that will make him stick around? I don't get it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck? Boston got a great fucking deal here.

Yeah the 2018 Nets pick blows to give up, but people were bitching he had sooooo many assets and wasn't doing dick with them, missing out on certain deals and FAs. Well now his plan has come full circle.

Are you serious? He turned a throwaway player into a potential MVP candidate, massively increasing his profile and projected value. Turned picks into Horford and now landed Gordon Heyward. They got Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum in the draft. So you look at their roster NOW after they jettisoned their old BIG 3 to rebuild, id say the rebuild is complete.

Kyrie Irving PG (Marcus Smart PG)
Gordon Heyward SG (Terry Rozier SG)
Jaylen Brown SF (Jayson Tatum SF)
Marcus Morris PF
Al Horford C

Irving the best ball handler in the league, and a viscous cutter to the basket, unrivaled leader of the team. Heyward spot up shooter, pick and roll monster and a 3pt stretch the floor threat. Jaylen Brown and Tatum just gonna be a fucking torrent of athleticism and scoring without the need for help,with Brown potentially an ELITE defender going forward who can guard every position basically. Horford is Horford we know what your gonna get out of him, but his ability to make FT's and be a reliable distributor will really help this team get open looks and play the half court game.

You got one of the best shooters in the league. You have the best ball handler in the league, and potential 30 point scorer just like Thomas. You got 2 ultra athletic SFs who can create their own shot and defend. And a reliable anchor down low who is a double double machine and leader in the locker room.

The Cavs will be very interesting now. They have a potential lottery pick next year which might entice Lebron to stay and if Thomas lights it up like he has, the dynamics of LeBrons long term commitment could change.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Cleveland is still Cleveland. They're still tops in the East.

I'm really surprised Boston was willing to give up so much for him. You really can't build a team around either of the 2, but throw in Crowder and a top 5 pick.. fwhat? Plus KI will be a free agent after 2020 what do they have or will they have that will make him stick around? I don't get it.

You are crazy if you think Cleveland is better. What did the Celtics give up? The 6th man from Phoenix, Jae Crowder, a tall Jew, and Brooklyns 1 for Kyrie fucking Irving. This guy single handedly won the Cavs the finals 2 years ago. Isiah faked an injury to duck out of the ECF this year.

You are nuts.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users