NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
While I agree with the sentiment and fuck the Warriors, Durant was a free agent he wasn't traded.

Yeah, and fuck him for leaving Westbrook. Nobody should give him a pass for that. That was so cowardly and such a fucking bitch move, I don't know how anyone can still be a Warriors fan. Dude's a fucking bitch. That is a faggot move to leave Westbrook and go to some dumb fucking team just so you can have a championship. I will never respect his ring if he gets one, and I sincerely hope he doesn't.

I fucking hate Kevin Durant and you should all hate him too.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
A free agent went to a team that was able to sign him. He went to a better team than he was on before, something everyone would want to do as a free agent.

8th highest payroll in the league but they bought a championship?

LeBron left as a free agent to a better team.

We all know that for GS to keep that team together their payroll will go well past Cleveland's, like you said timing is the sole reason their payroll isn't much higher.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Couldn't cut it as alpha when it counted, went full beta to Miami.

Beta back to back Finals MVP. Beta on the way to 7 straight Finals. Beta that led both the Cavs and the Warriors in every statistical category last year.

You're an idiot.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LeBron left as a free agent to a better team.

We all know that for GS to keep that team together their payroll will go well past Cleveland's, like you said timing is the sole reason their payroll isn't much higher.

They were not a better team the year before Lebron left.

The 2nd part of this post is amazing "They have the cap room due to good timing and moves on the part of their GM, but should decline on the option of making their team better". For ref, the Cavs payroll gap between them and #2 is larger than any other gap between teams in the top 10. No idea if Warriors will keep the team together after this year or not, but this crying over them signing the best free agent available and still having only the 8th highest payroll is laughable.

Merrith

Beta back to back Finals MVP. Beta on the way to 7 straight Finals. Beta that led both the Cavs and the Warriors in every statistical category last year.

You're an idiot.

And yet, couldn't hack it as the alpha on the best team in the league when he left, had to surround himself with other all stars to put up those numbers when it counted...in the East no less. Gutting his hometown team to do so. All well before Durant ever left OKC.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
I want the Cavs to play the Warriors. I think GS is mentally weak and will fall apart again when up against a physical team that isn't intimidated by their flashy shit. Just like today before Kawhi went down. They're the penultimate frontrunners who are built for great regular season stats but not the postseason. Their success the last three years is a direct result of the uncanny number of injuries the teams they play have had.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
And yet, couldn't hack it as the alpha on the best team in the league when he left, had to surround himself with other all stars to put up those numbers when it counted...in the East no less. Gutting his hometown team to do so. All well before Durant ever left OKC.

That is a good point. Why didn't LBJ head West where the true competition is? Why did he stay in the weak as fuck East? Not just once but twice? He gave Cleveland a championship but as Gaige mentioned, he's from Akron. Obviously, he likes to play against pussies.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
That is a good point. Why didn't LBJ head West where the true competition is?

Why doesn't KD and others head East for a cakewalk to the Finals.

Hell, not only would they enjoy napping on their way to the Finals they'd also be able to keep LeBron out of the Finals.

So weird that KD and others stay out west, right?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Why doesn't KD and others head East for a cakewalk to the Finals.

Hell, not only would they enjoy napping on their way to the Finals they'd also be able to keep LeBron out of the Finals.

So weird that KD and others stay out west, right?

I guess they like competition.

• 1Cutler

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Hahahaha. Ya KD loves competition. Hahahaha.

This year other than the top 2 the West was as bad as the East.

• 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I guess they like competition.

Uh KD is the biggest fucking coward in this entire fucking league. Like, do you watch basketball? KD is so obviously the hugest coward in this league and yet you've managed to find a way to come to the opposite conclusion.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
This thread has quite the collection of moronic apes flinging shit at each other.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
This idea that gaige pushes that the Celtics and Heat were the same thing is retarded. Pierce stayed in Boston, playing for a shitty team, the C's traded for Allen, then traded for Garnett. No ring chasing faggots here.

Lebron betrayed his hometown to suck on Wades hog, and Bosh did the same. Fags, the two of them.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
This thread has quite the collection of moronic apes flinging shit at each other.

Get the fuck out of this thread and never post here again you fucking faggot. Of what use to us are you? None? COOL. Never post again. I fucking despise people like you. What fucking faggot retard team do you root for? I think we all know. Never post here again, you fucking bitch. You were probably in a shitty WoW guild too.

• 2Salty
  • 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This idea that gaige pushes that the Celtics and Heat were the same thing is retarded. Pierce stayed in Boston, playing for a shitty team, the C's traded for Allen, then traded for Garnett. No ring chasing faggots here.

Technically LeBron and Bosh were sign and trades. Cleveland and Toronto both got two first rounders and two second rounders and Cleveland also got a 16 million dollar exception.

What's funny is that trade enabled Cleveland to build the team that James went back too. That and crazy lottery luck.

If you look at it that way, they're exactly the same. Wade stayed with his longtime team and two all-stars got traded there.

Garnett was definitely ring chasing. He tried to again in Brooklyn and failed and ended up retiring from the team he couldn't get a ring with, the Wolves.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I missed the game because I went to the Reds @ Giants game but reading this thread has been great. Hope the Warriors cruise to a championship going 16-0 in the postseason. I want to know what it's like to be a Pats fan.

Merrith

Garnett was definitely ring chasing.

Lets not change history. Minnesota had Sprewell turn down an extension, they traded Cassel, and they missed the playoffs 3 straight years before they eventually were in the situation where they wanted to move Garnett for futures. He actually would have ended up on the Warriors (of all places), bu their owner vetoed the deal.

I think using the phrase "ring chasing" is strong in this case.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
He actually would have ended up on the Warriors (of all places), bu their owner vetoed the deal.

Its good I can look back on these moments now and say if not for those the Warriors wouldn't be where they are today. Lets not forget the Warriors could have drafted KG in the first place but took Joe Smith #1 that year.

Interesting thing about Chris Cohan (one of the worst owners ever) vetoing the KG trade is that that one decision by a shitty owner who was almost done with the team is still reverberating in the league 10 years later. If the Warriors make that trade they would have been borderline contenders in adding KG to the team that upset the Mavs the year before (minus J Rich). The Celtics never become that 4-all star superteam. Lebron possibly doesn't feel he has to leave Cleveland because the Celtics aren't standing in his way. The Cavs wouldn't have nearly the talent they have now because they wouldn't have had that stretch of 3 #'1s. The Warriors would be a completely different team, undoubtedly nowhere near as good as they are now. And finally, KD probably wouldn't have felt the need to leave OKC because he and Russ are looking good in a world without superteams. KD / Russ / Harden may have won a title without the Heat superteam there to take them down.

Who knows exactly what the league would look like, but there's little doubt that it'd be vastly different if KG had been dealt to the Warriors instead of the Celtics.

• 1Solidarity