NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
what a shit game. Can't wait for most of the Mavs to sit in the 4th quarter and them still ending up winning by 20+
5 minutes left in the 4th and still a 40+ point lead. Luka hasn't played a single second of the 4th. THAT'S the Luka Special.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
happy dallas mavericks GIF by NBA

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'm so glad it looks like James Harden will never win a ring unless it's as a role player or backup in his already twilight career.

I'm so glad it looks like James Harden Chris Paul will never win a ring unless it's as a role player or backup in his already twilight career.

Gd that was fun / funny to watch. I was thinking before the game I could see the Suns losing due to looking ahead already to the Warriors. A lot of people had been wanting to see that matchup in the conference finals all year, the Warriors punched their ticket, it was a formality for the Suns to punch theirs to get to it....

Was very similar to the beatdown the Warriors suffered the other night. Only that wasn't a game 7 and the Warriors were on the road. Was super weird, but very enjoyable.

Not any more optimistic facing the Mavs than the Suns though I think. Luka is about the scariest opponent in the game at this point, Dinwiddie often plays well against us, and obviously just in general Mavs have been playing great ball. Should be more fun than watching the Grizz try to thug things up though whatever happens. And glad to have home court from here on out.

• 3Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Very few times I've been more happy with a win than this one. Just huge props to Kidd, and the players. Luka playing with the highest ceiling in the NBA. Mavs aren't even a finished product and could get significantly better with moves.

Suns were a nightmare matchup for the Mavs, lost 12 straight to them and figured them out. Huge props to Kidd again. I think we matchup better against the Warriors, but that's gonna be a tough series. Warriors won't fold like that.

Plus, fuck Phoenix and Booker & Co. Their lame-ass disrespect was insane. Crazy how many players I saw on other teams sharing similar stories about the Suns being absolute dickheads.

• 3Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm more worried about Mavs than Suns. This WCF is gonna be stressful.

• 3Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well this Game 1 is a solid start to the series. Warriors defense on fire.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs are always guaranteed to put up at least two stinkers a series. Missing open shots? Zero chance. This team could still get way better is some obvious spots with marginal upgrades. Zero ability to get to the rim outside of Luka & Brunson.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Mavs are always guaranteed to put up at least two stinkers a series. Missing open shots? Zero chance. This team could still get way better is some obvious spots with marginal upgrades. Zero ability to get to the rim outside of Luka & Brunson.
Game 1 vs Utah : L
Game 1 vs Phoenix : L
Game 1 vs GS : L

The plan is working.

• 1Truth!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Good game so far by the Mavs. Only 5 Mavs with points. Dinwiddie needs to step up. This Warriors team is going to start bombing away.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs have gone cold, and the Warriors have too much firepower. A better game, but this Mavs team has to shoot light's out from 3 to win. They'll benefit from some added energy game 3, but it's hard to think this Warriors team folds like the Suns do.

Jesus, if the Mavs have added a legitimate big man... Luka absolutely carrying this team. The amount of easy buckets GS gets compared to the Mavs is hilariously bad lol.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dallas have to get Luca another star player, he has to get 40 every game to win and even then it's not enough sometimes.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Mavs have gone cold, and the Warriors have too much firepower. A better game, but this Mavs team has to shoot light's out from 3 to win. They'll benefit from some added energy game 3, but it's hard to think this Warriors team folds like the Suns do.

Jesus, if the Mavs have added a legitimate big man... Luka absolutely carrying this team. The amount of easy buckets GS gets compared to the Mavs is hilariously bad lol.
13 point 3rd quarter by the Mavs. Kidd just too inexperienced to know when to call timeouts when his guys are chucking 3s and missing instead of driving and kicking. Too many last second contested 3s as well.

WCF isn't a bad run for this Mavs team but Kidd has to do better game management and the roster needs some upgrades.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Good night by Brunson also. They desperately need another guy, at times it's legitimately one or two guys at most who can score at all - opposed to GS' 4 or 5 guys.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
62 point paints for the... Warriors. Lol, horrible sign. Unlike the Suns, this team is far smarter.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Adam Silver: "Alright, Mavs gotta win this game".

Mavs: "We're retarded tonight".

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This Golden State team is just a better version of Dallas. Getting absolutely smashed on the boards. Golden State isn't even really playing that great either. Tough games, Mavs might want to make some 3's.

• 1Like