NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Sterling

El Presidente
He's slightly below average from 3 and slightly above average from 2. He's very, very good defensively and he's a really good passer and has good rebounding ability. I get that he's not likely a 1 on an elite team, but he could be the 2nd best player on a championship team. My point was that a few mid to late picks and a mediocre player just doesn't seem like it would be the most they could have gotten for him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Hahahahahaha. Steph Curry made this man's entire legacy and he's working overtime to destroy it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Durant is such a bitch. He was fine when he thought he had two superstars around him but can't handle anything less.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Durant is such a bitch. He was fine when he thought he had two superstars around him but can't handle anything less.

He really is. He’s soft and words break him. He will never have the drive and mental fortitude to be a champ again unless someone puts it on a platter like the Warriors did. I don’t see it. I see so many other guys doing more with less.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I can't give Durant shit for this. His problem was leaving a championship team to throw in with a flat earther. Dumb decision, but at his core he just wants to hoop and try to win games. Since he signed his max deal:

#1 Kyrie refused to get vaccinated, showed he doesn't give a shit about playing, winning, or any of that.
#2 Harden forced his way out, largely because of #1, and the Nets got back another "star" that doesn't give a shit about playing, winning, or any of that.
#3 Kyrie, the guy who convinced KD to go there in the first place, threatened to leave for nothing basically, and now says he wants to play for LA asap or whatever.

KD made his own bed on this one, but at the same time I can't blame him for asking to gtfo. Makes things interesting again anyways.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
They should trade Durant to GSW for maximum chaos.

I wouldn't want him back tbh. The title we just won was so much more satisfying because he wasn't here. We've been there, done that on the KD thing. It was fun because of the bi#*h way Lebron won in '16, but at this point we've been there, done that. I'm more interested in watching to see how much the Warriors young guys can grow and hopefully extend the window of the old core. Such a unique situation to have so much young talent primed to take the next step while still having a championship veteran core. Trading for KD would increase title odds for a year or two, but would blow that up. And we already have decent odds as is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Hahahahahaha. Steph Curry made this man's entire legacy and he's working overtime to destroy it.

it's all 3 of those faggots who played in OKC....Durant, Harden, Westbrook. How could 3 first ballot HoF's completely fuck their entire legacies up so badly. OKC on paper should have been a fucking dynasty but nope not these assholes.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
LeBron might be a little bitch too but at least he actually won championships when he formed his super teams.

I also don't have much sympathy for Durant being teamed up with Irving because he was pretty strongly in favor of that pairing. I'm sure it was a fun eye-opener when Kyrie wanted out.

I do feel a little bad for the Nets, though. The organization was willing to pay and they only ended up getting, what, less than 50% of possible games played out of that trio? And then they all want to bail after 1 to 3 years.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
it's all 3 of those faggots who played in OKC....Durant, Harden, Westbrook. How could 3 first ballot HoF's completely fuck their entire legacies up so badly. OKC on paper should have been a fucking dynasty but nope not these assholes.

To be fair, OKC fucked up the dynasty potential themselves when they traded Harden for.... Jeremy Lamb and Kevin Martin ? Lmao. That town shouldn't even have a team, F them.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
LeBron might be a little bitch too but at least he actually won championships when he formed his super teams.

I also don't have much sympathy for Durant being teamed up with Irving because he was pretty strongly in favor of that pairing. I'm sure it was a fun eye-opener when Kyrie wanted out.

I do feel a little bad for the Nets, though. The organization was willing to pay and they only ended up getting, what, less than 50% of possible games played out of that trio? And then they all want to bail after 1 to 3 years.

I do feel bad for Nets fans. Two days ago they were still among the favorites for a title next year. Now not only are they going to lose Durant, probably Kyrie - the Rockets also have all their picks through 2027 in one way or another (a few are pick swaps). They have nothing to look forward to anytime soon if this team is blown up completely.

Sterling

El Presidente
I wouldn't want him back tbh. The title we just won was so much more satisfying because he wasn't here. We've been there, done that on the KD thing. It was fun because of the bi#*h way Lebron won in '16, but at this point we've been there, done that. I'm more interested in watching to see how much the Warriors young guys can grow and hopefully extend the window of the old core. Such a unique situation to have so much young talent primed to take the next step while still having a championship veteran core. Trading for KD would increase title odds for a year or two, but would blow that up. And we already have decent odds as is.
I was more interested in the drama than what it does to the Warriors 5 seasons down the line.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what the Suns will give up for KD. Ayton and a 1st round pick maybe?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user