NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
#11 this community bitched about that back when this was still FOH and made the exact same suggestion, makes way to much sense to implement, will get voted down.
Yup, I have complained about it more than once. I really hope that one goes through.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I doubt the intentional grounding thing will pass but I hope it does. I love sacks and it always infuriates me when the QB is 100% getting sacked and just flicks the ball towards a patch of grass and doesn't lose any yardage. Russell Wilson and Tom Brady are masters of this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The wording would need to be revised to not include the situation where a designed play is broken immediately and the QB throws it away OOB. Every team does that. Multiple times.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I doubt the intentional grounding thing will pass but I hope it does. I love sacks and it always infuriates me when the QB is 100% getting sacked and just flicks the ball towards a patch of grass and doesn't lose any yardage. Russell Wilson and Tom Brady are masters of this.
Eli once threw the ball at an OL feet while in the pocket and the OL was behind the line of scrimmage, no IG... ignore the fact had he hit the OL it would have been a penalty for illegal touching but you do get to watch him look at a camera and do his best down syndrome impression afterwards though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The intentional grounding shit should get looked at. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with making it a more subjective call for the officials, because we know they'll fuck it up a lot, but the rule as it's currently written allows for too much bullshit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wtf is with the QB shouldn't be allowed to fall down, get up, then complete a pass rule? What problem does that solve?

Araxen

I keep hoping they put in a rule for politicking for flags. It doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.

Merrith

Wtf is with the QB shouldn't be allowed to fall down, get up, then complete a pass rule? What problem does that solve?
I think the claim was that the QB going down would cause defenders to "quit" on the play, and thus they shouldn't be allowed to get back up and throw it. Or some such bs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus. That's hilarious. Really the only plus side seems to be that he gets the agent money, which I can't tell, but it sounds like $5 million? Or is that tied up in bonus money as well?

I'm sure there are some players that could get away with negotiating their own deal, but Okung fucking blew it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jesus.That's hilarious. Really the only plus side seems to be that he gets the agent money, which I can't tell, but it sounds like $5 million?Or is that tied up in bonus money as well?

I'm sure there are some players that could get away with negotiating their own deal, but Okung fucking blew it.
$5 million assuming he plays out his entire contract, which he won't.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They can dump him whenever they want at basically no penalty to the team AND its super backloaded. You really showed those damn agents though!

RG3 working out for the Browns...