NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's exactly what they're going to be using him for. Mcfadden will still be the primary back and Morris will come in for a lot of 3rd and short, goal line, and situations where the D is gassed and you're just trying to eat up the clock.
Morris is the type who needs the carries though to get going. It could work though if only for short yardage/goal line situations.

Merrith

To clarify, Morris really didn't hit the hole with a lot of speed and force last year, seemed to have lost a step over his first couple years.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You need 2 good RBs now like 2 QBs, injuries to that position just happen too often. He will be a nice battering ram to have in the 2nd half.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He'll be 39 at the start of this season, and 40 next. Montana made it to 38, Manning to 39, Elway 38, Marino 38. There's a wall that players eventually hit. I mean, is it possible? I suppose. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Merrith

He'll be 39 at the start of this season, and 40 next. Montana made it to 38, Manning to 39, Elway 38, Marino 38. There's a wall that players eventually hit. I mean, is it possible? I suppose. But I wouldn't bet on it.
He's in a lot better physical shape (and I'm thinking banged up/injury wise too) than any of those guys were at the end of their careers.

He did take a beating against Denver, but if he can maintain his lack of injuries for the next couple of seasons, I don't think his age alone will slow him down like it did with those guys dealing with their physical issues late in their careers.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Except it is the Lions, and as history has already showed us they would rather have a superstar retire than trade him to another team. So even if he came back he would still be stuck there.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Except it is the Lions, and as history has already showed us they would rather have a superstar retire than trade him to another team. So even if he came back he would still be stuck there.
They certainly have the cap space in case he tries to come back, if he did do a Brett Favre he would cost them another 11M on the cap than he is now and they have 18M in room. He has no leverage unless he convinced them he will stay retired unless they trade him, in which case if I am the Lions I find the first team willing to part with a 3rd or better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He's in a lot better physical shape (and I'm thinking banged up/injury wise too) than any of those guys were at the end of their careers.

He did take a beating against Denver, but if he can maintain his lack of injuries for the next couple of seasons, I don't think his age alone will slow him down like it did with those guys dealing with their physical issues late in their careers.
I think Brady gets one "secret injury" about every season now. Two seasons ago it was his hand. This season it was his foot, if I recall. Eventually one of them will actually cause him to sit out a few games or worse.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a pretty narrow definition so you might get one. I think it was determined that one of these would have been handed out last year, and it wouldn't have been against Norman or Beckham which was one of the talking points surrounding something like this.
Wasn't it including everything but incidental ones like facemasks? Pretty sure OBJ would have been ejected with the new rule

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wasn't it including everything but incidental ones like facemasks? Pretty sure OBJ would have been ejected with the new rule
Here's his penalty log:http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/o...ants?year=2015

Three unnecessary roughness penalties. They haven't released which specific Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties will count so hard to say but someone somewhere looked at the short list of infractions being considered and Beckham apparently didn't get 2 from the list.

(a) Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
(b) Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates,
officials, or representatives of the League.
(c) Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
That's the language in the proposal. I don't know if Beckham's UR penalties fit in there.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It'll be Burfict in the inevitable Week 4 matchup against the Steelers.