NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Bridgewater at his best is a mediocre NFL QB
Two responses to this:

1. Is it possible for young players to improve? Or are 23 year olds the best they'll ever be?

2. You remember how we all watched the super bowl and praised the Denver defense for putting so much pressure on Cam? Something like 43% of his drop backs he was under pressure in just that single game. Well, Teddy last season faced pressure on 47% of his drop backs. Let's give the kid a year with something better than an absolutely putrid o line before we damn him as mediocre forever.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I keep hoping they put in a rule for politicking for flags. It doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.
Don't mind that, it's perfectly reasonable for a player or coach to let the refs know something illegal or dirty is going on so they can watch for it. Those are men in the striped shirts, not machines. But they need to add a penalty for flopping before it becomes a serious problem.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
This will be the best offensive core the Pats had since 2007.
I'm not sure about that, Welker Gronk Hernandez and whatever was left of Randy Moss in 2011 was probably better. Fucking Gronk and Hernandez at their peak were better than most teams could ever ask for.

I think Bennet is going to be sick with the Pats, if nothing else he'll be another matchup nightmare. Chicago is fucking stupid for letting him go. I get that he didn't give 100% effort in practice but look at the team he's been on? Cutler fucking sucks, that's all there is to it. They had a round robin of coaches since Lovie was ousted and their defense has crumbled to near nothing. What did he have to play for? They traded Marshall away too and that guy might be crazy but he's a straight baller. I think Marshall was right calling out those lackluster efforts. He called out Cutler, his old buddy, too. Bears are a shit show so long as they have Cutler. It's not like they have better but they would have been better served holding onto Mccown the other year for much cheaper.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not sure about that, Welker Gronk Hernandez andwhatever was left of Randy Moss in 2011was probably better. Fucking Gronk and Hernandez at their peak were better than most teams could ever ask for.
You mean Chad Ochocinco/Johnson?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I actually wanted the Pats to win that year to give ol' Chad a ring. Loved that dude.

moontayle

Golden Squire
For a while I was following him on Facebook until he started interrupting some of the cool insights into his life after the NFL with bullshit buzzfeed/gawker type content. He's pretty active in at least one of his kid's lives (she's a sprinter) and was one of those "look at my baby" posters for his most recent kid. Chad was never a bad dude, and he was a really good receiver for a while, he just fell off the cliff harder than some. He's still active as a football analyst for the latino market since he's bilingual and still does cool stuff for fans.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Alfred Morris to sign 2-yr deal with Cowboys. This takes RB off the board as a must-have consideration. Still thin in the secondary but they've had Leon Hall and Patrick Robinson in so I figure one of them is the immediate post-Carr solution.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Alfred Morris to sign 2-yr deal with Cowboys. This takes RB off the board as a must-have consideration. Still thin in the secondary but they've had Leon Hall and Patrick Robinson in so I figure one of them is the immediate post-Carr solution.
Morris isn't the type of back that you can expect production from the 1st quarter though. The redskins cut him because he ALWAYS starts out super slow but after a dozen or so carries he starts to ramp up as the D gets tired. You may still need some type of change of pace speed back or someone who can get a fast start in the run game. That's why he worked so well when RGKnee still had legs. When Kirk "Cameron" Cousins was his QB his YPG went to shit. If you guys pick up Manziel and go ahead and start him you may have a semi decent one two punch
tongue.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
Hey, if they can get 1k yards out of McFadden in a blocking scheme that had to be adjusted on the fly, then I'm sure they can get something similar out of Morris in a scheme that's already a natural fit for him. We'll see.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a little scared about Morris with the Cowboys. I think he's a heavy runner, but the line for the Redskins is kind of crap.

He'll almost never break off a big run, but he can pick up large chunks pretty frequently.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Morris isn't the type of back that you can expect production from the 1st quarter though. The redskins cut him because he ALWAYS starts out super slow but after a dozen or so carries he starts to ramp up as the D gets tired. You may still need some type of change of pace speed back or someone who can get a fast start in the run game. That's why he worked so well when RGKnee still had legs. When Kirk "Cameron" Cousins was his QB his YPG went to shit. If you guys pick up Manziel and go ahead and start him you may have a semi decent one two punch
tongue.png
That's exactly what they're going to be using him for. Mcfadden will still be the primary back and Morris will come in for a lot of 3rd and short, goal line, and situations where the D is gassed and you're just trying to eat up the clock.